Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

JUST GO BUY IT …Quick before some other non PFA outsider goes and rapes you of the opportunity ,  they will when they read all the free information on this forum and they will  bugger off into the 964 dust… PS Negotiate hard..theres no shame in looking after your dollars, you can always go up is my motto

JUST GO BUY IT …Quick before some other non PFA outsider goes and rapes you of the opportunity ,  they will when they read all the free information on this forum and they will  bugger off into the 964 dust… PS Negotiate hard..theres no shame in looking after your dollars, you can always go up is my motto

i agree.. i see a lot of potential there, if you pass on it i'm always interested in another 3.6 car haha

Anybody on here purchase that mostly original Silver SC from AutoHaus Hamilton? Didn't last long - not that I expected it to, regardless of klm travelled

help me here, high mileage SC, needs engine rebuild 59k??? Didn't see the car nor interested in the car.

Though interested to know what made this mallee root hot??? 

+ labour (providing @poli84 isn't doing the work himself). Labour is the most expensive part! 

in my quote (from my perspective) i assumed would be doing the labour of course, there isn't anything too complex in there!

I'd think that the changes required here are all within my capabilities. So painting of the new bumpers would be the only cost outside of parts.

Just hypothetic though. 

help me here, high mileage SC, needs engine rebuild 59k??? Didn't see the car nor interested in the car.

Though interested to know what made this mallee root hot??? 

That is the one. From memory it looked like a nice honest ride. Perhaps this is the reason why it was snatched up so quick? Regardless of mileage, it was still perfectly driveable and was not desperate for the engine, was mainly unmolested, therefore, in my eyes at least, stood out above the crowd.

I'd think that the changes required here are all within my capabilities. So painting of the new bumpers would be the only cost outside of parts.

Just hypothetic though. 

Correct, no point in cutting corners on the painting - but it does come at an additional cost. You'll throw near 10k on doing the bumpers and giving it a tidy, others may scoff but I'm just being realistic. It all adds up, nothing is a matter of a few hundred dollars, its all thousands. 

RW cert, including some new tyres, while your there do a ride height adjust, wheel alignment....etc. etc. Maybe a new windscreen? All the boring things we overlook when buying a secondhand car. Its these things that add up. I'm sure you know that already from your 964, doesn't have to be 'major' stuff to still add up the $$$. I know you well enough to know that you would want it done properly and see value in investing accordingly so best to be conservative if you are looking to take on a 'project'. :)

Just hypothetic though. 

Correct, no point in cutting corners on the painting - but it does come at an additional cost. You'll throw near 10k on doing the bumpers and giving it a tidy, others may scoff but I'm just being realistic. It all adds up, nothing is a matter of a few hundred dollars, its all thousands. 

RW cert, including some new tyres, while your there do a ride height adjust, wheel alignment....etc. etc. Maybe a new windscreen? All the boring things we overlook when buying a secondhand car. Its these things that add up. I'm sure you know that already from your 964, doesn't have to be 'major' stuff to still add up the $$$. I know you well enough to know that you would want it done properly and see value in investing accordingly so best to be conservative if you are looking to take on a 'project'. :)

Yup it'll all add up.

I'd be reasonably happy with it as is. 3.6l donk would be fun.

Anyone know if it's converted or original RHD?

It appears quite tidy. Someone spent a lot on it.

Once you've turned this back into an IB with Fuchs on the road in VIC with all bits and pieces taken care of, $58,500 will be a distant memory

I know of a certain '86 Aussie delivered, red Carrera non-orig wide-body with SSI's, MAF (and all stock bits too) that may be open to negotiation :)

Red%20Lighthouse_zpsn3mfjmiv.jpg

i don't know that the bumpers would be so much a factor if keeping it simple like an IROC set. i spent 11k on doing my bumpers AND repainting the entire car in the process!

maybe if you were doing complete resto and were after IB bumpers and had to collect all the rubber trim? but if it was just something simple like IROC bumpers- easy as.

i reckon if i were doing it i'd still need to throw 20k on it in total, would have to clean it up, convert bumpers, replace seals, suspension bushings etc until i was happy with it.

that said, for some reason i do have a random assortment of IB parts and seals lying around.

Edited by clutch-monkey

I think it's an interesting car, but I have some concerns. It has  3.6l 964 engine of unknown history mated to a 915 5 speed gearbox. I think I would want to be sure that both were good, because if you start to add the cost of engine and gearbox work, it starts to look a less interesting proposition. As an aside, how well does that gearbox handle the power of the 3.6l engine?

For me, I would change the front and rear to IROC and add a decent rear lid (whale or duck). I don't think that is particularly big money to do and if you are going to do it yourself, you would end up with a cool, looking rod for decent money, which you could drive and have fun with straight away. From there, you have all sorts of options with suspension, interior etc, knowing that the car hasn't cost you a lot. If I hadn't bought my car yet, I would have looked at this, even if it is in Perth. Do the right deal and you could have a pretty fun car on the road for (relatively) little money.

I think it's an interesting car, but I have some concerns. It has  3.6l 964 engine of unknown history mated to a 915 5 speed gearbox. I think I would want to be sure that both were good, because if you start to add the cost of engine and gearbox work, it starts to look a less interesting proposition. As an aside, how well does that gearbox handle the power of the 3.6l engine?

absolutely fine.

i have ten years track work on my modified 3.6/915 combo. 915 weakness is vastly over rated and only a concern when either turbo, or doing something like endurance racing where the heat builds up.

with the oem trans cooler it will last forever with street use. The only other way i can think of to kill the gearbox would be if you tried doing hard launches at every other traffic light with sticky tyres.

I think it's an interesting car, but I have some concerns. It has  3.6l 964 engine of unknown history mated to a 915 5 speed gearbox.

As an aside, how well does that gearbox handle the power of the 3.6l engine?

Smon, Simon,Simon....thought we'd covered this ground before ?????? 

Clutch Monkey knows best.  Remember a bog stock factory 3.6 litre ain't no massive powerhouse. Well compared to my 2.7 yes, but what 250hp ? and how much torque? 

Tomo I'm a lazy web browser today who is DJP? Or you mean RJP?

Clutch Monkey knows best.  Remember a bog stock factory 3.6 litre ain't no massive powerhouse. Well compared to my 2.7 yes, but what 250hp ? and how much torque? 

yup torque is a killer! though i think Uncle even managed at 350(r?)whp with his 3.0 turbo.

mine has survived with 280hp behind it no problem. the new one was 310hp behind it so.. will see how that goes

Edited by clutch-monkey

I love this car - saved me from having to listen to endless droning and price pushing of 928's! 25 posts on end without one 928 interruption - GOLD!

Please tell me learned gents, how does one register this in Victoria (other states the same??) with a larger engine from a different model - not just larger displacement, I'm talking a physically different engine of vastly different power from the original engine type -  presumably with no engineers cert? I know it cant be done with American muscle cars without an engineers cert from experience ....

Tomo I'm a lazy web browser today who is DJP? Or you mean RJP?

Sorry michel, RJP seems i am a bit lazy meself 

I love this car - saved me from having to listen to endless droning and price pushing of 928's! 25 posts on end without one 928 interruption - GOLD!

A man with wet golden sand in his crotch :lol: 

Now that you mentioned American muscle cars...let's see "what's interesting" to us V8 fans...Mr Fish must've had seen hundreds on his hooker holiday.

i see it has a D J P  RJP motor sport sticker on the back window, Those guys would be in the know 

He built and maintained my SC for 15 years. Comes highly recommended by my mate in WA that has all of his Porsche's repaired or tuned by him

Have to break the tedium of all this 911 talk.... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1980-PORSCHE-928-V8-AUTO-LOW-KMS-/282092472981?hash=item41ae058a95:g:y54AAOSwZ1BXfbKI

Interesting way to (not) sell a car...

"DONT NOT BID UNLESS YOU HAVE CASH NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO LOOK AT A 1980 PORSCHE GOOGLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANT THINK ABOUT IT TELL SOMEONE WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANT TO BUY IT WELL RING ME AND WE CAN SORT SOMETHING OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO TEST PILOTS AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILL ONLY BRING OUT OF STORAGE IF SOLD IF NOT WILL LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Car is not for sale by auction but buy it now! So he expects you to buy a car that does not run and is covered in mould site unseen and he will not even let you look at it until It is sold!! No test pilots because it does not go, but "IT DOES RUN BUT I DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET IT RUNNING AT THIS TIME." ???

Very odd!!  I dare say it will not sell....

Edited by ANF

Have to break the tedium of all this 911 talk.... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1980-PORSCHE-928-V8-AUTO-LOW-KMS-/282092472981?hash=item41ae058a95:g:y54AAOSwZ1BXfbKI

Interesting was to (not) sell a car...

"DONT NOT BID UNLESS YOU HAVE CASH NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO LOOK AT A 1980 PORSCHE GOOGLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANT THINK ABOUT IT TELL SOMEONE WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANT TO BUY IT WELL RING ME AND WE CAN SORT SOMETHING OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO TEST PILOTS AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILL ONLY BRING OUT OF STORAGE IF SOLD IF NOT WILL LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Car is not for sale by auction but buy it now! So he expects you to buy a car that does not run and is covered in mould site unseen and he will not even let you look at it until It is sold!! No test pilots because it does not go, but "IT DOES RUN BUT I DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET IT RUNNING AT THIS TIME." ???

at $8000 its around $6500 overpriced

HI THERE UP FOR AUCTION HERE I HAVE MY MATES 1980 PORSCHE COUPE.

THIS CAR IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION FOR ITS AGE.

HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS NOW.

IN THAT TIME,IT HAS BEEN REGUARLY STARTED TILL ABOUT 18 MONTHS AGO DUE MY MATE WORKING AWAY FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME HE COULDN'T DO THIS FORTNIGHTLY AS HE HAD PREVIOUSLY.

More stolen goods.

I would see the above as " my mate is in the clink for a long time ; his missus hid it here when the cops came looking for proceeds of "sales" , I'm a Holden man and have no idea about these nazi cars and if you show up with $3k unmarked $100 notes and trailer I might let you have it. Even though the title has been "lost". "