Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

my 356 had all of that, cage, upgrade brakes, race seats, fuel cell, harness, bigger wheels. Engineers report for about $600 and the RWC.  On H plates. But I am no experts in the rules

Like most things air today.. try adding a 0 …. Can intro you to the Engineer if you like.. He kinda knows this car

I have been on that car and the thoughts of its cocaine high..but in the end just end up making me a Junkie lover 

M plates are like Maybe if your lucky in a retrofit situation ..Maybe its N plate , nearly but no cigar.

If you did all the work yourself theres plenty to salvage there , but I would have it run and get hot first incase of a melt down , its probably only seen a showroom

i thought that looked like the duttons car. Originally $160k+ I think, but they dropped to around $100k

Here's one for Jono. A US 72 in disguise. $75K from Gosford Bunnings

911%20Black%20Rear_zpskjybzgj2.jpg

Not sure if joking or not :)

Translation of Gosford Bunnings?  If this car is for sale I'd like to see the details

Cheers

I moved this from shoulda could woulda ..it was a coulda..  but seeing as this guys goit it readvertised 

I wonder if this dude has realised that the tyres on his car arent semi slicks yet..they are just bald and that the service book is not a great document to share ..when you aint serviced it …..Yes last I saw this all four …would have made a set of Nittos look like a set of Micket Thompsons offroaders by comparison

I did a few sideways runs with him in it a few months back, when showing me how powerfull and how it broke traction ...

Ateast the one consumable it still had was some old oil and a little bit of brakes.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2006/SSE-AD-4170631/?Cr=49

So back to the debate… when is cheap worth jumping in on an import….what would you want your 20% off 30% off or even 40%.. no such things as warranty to worry about 

Just dont discuss that with the advertiser 

No time wasters I couldn't care if you can get a aus delivered for the same price because if you could you wouldn't be calling me. Anything of this same standard is 190k plus.

Edited by symsy

The debate about how much to devalue a car because it is an import is an interesting one because I don't think it is a simple one. In general, it seems that for pretty well equal cars, the discount is something like 20%, but it all depends on whether you are a buyer or seller and how rare the car is. I think it is different on modern cars like this, rather than older cars which have a global market.

However, there is another big factor - how much do you want that model and how much money have you got. For instance, if you have decided that 997 Turbo AWD is what you want and you do not have the price of an Aussie one, you would probably be prepared to pay more for the import than somebody who can afford to choose between the cars. i had this situation with my 3.2 - I wasn't prepared to pay the cost of an Oz car and therefore was happy to pay a bit more than some might have for the import because it was that or buy a different model.

None of this changes concerns about cars that haven't been looked after or have been abused, like this turbo seems to have been (if I am reading this right). I am also not convinced by the sales technique of hooning as it seems to say "look at how much i abuse this car" :D

It still seems the import tag is a lurking monster ... 

we all want discounts when buying and we all want as much cache kudos and big dollars when selling. Whether car house or prenuptial 

Im personally not much of a new car guy so the debate mostly washes over me, I'm more interested in condition and capability. That said more than happy to get a 19-39% discount due to some irrational thinking  that skewers the market ?

we all want discounts when buying and we all want as much cache kudos and big dollars when selling. Whether car house or prenuptial 

Im personally not much of a new car guy so the debate mostly washes over me, I'm more interested in condition and capability. That said more than happy to get a 19-39% discount due to some irrational thinking  that skewers the market ?

I can flog you some stickers that will radically improve the value of your car Michael :ph34r: 

RSR -  I have the highs and the lows and a lower price..but can you face the dramas , seems a few of us have seen this puppy and the unfortunate issues 

Someone on PFA was kind enough to share a hit list from a PPI.. I think I got a list to go with it .

If your a welder , painter , engine guy and more, you could make one mean car . M plate ..well just start at page 1 of the VS11 .. take a look at the index and the subsections and then take a photo copy of that page .. theres your work list .

One sexy damn set of parts..unless you just want to tow it to the track

Would someone be so kind as to send me this PPI? Curiouser and curiouser.

Its the percentage chance that you cant liquidate when you need to regardless of the baseline price that counts also I guess

Its the percentage chance that you cant liquidate when you need to regardless of the baseline price that counts also I guess

And often when one "needs to" it is generally due to a "downturn" where a flight to quality is usually concurrently underway.

Sold pending PPI $104k. Missed it while waiting on this Melb car. I'm thinking now the Melb car is wanting more than what it's worth against this one which was better optioned

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/SSE-AD-4041553

going to give the one in qld some further thought over the next couple of days, even though I think he's $10k out.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/SSE-AD-4116139

Sold pending PPI $104k. Missed it while waiting on this Melb car. I'm thinking now the Melb car is wanting more than what it's worth against this one which was better optioned

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/SSE-AD-4041553

going to give the one in qld some further thought over the next couple of days, even though I think he's $10k out.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/SSE-AD-4116139

lotta kit for the money .. reasonably close to me , maybe ask him if he wants to shift it and will take a drive to have it viewed.. happy to have a tyre kick for ya

Quick drop to 140k and she looks like shes away I reckon 135k..pretty cheap hot rod 997 turbo with or without slicks ;)

I sell Bang & Olufsen items for a living. I had a pair of speakers for sale at $18,950.00

I had a guy I've spoken to at length about them negotiate a deal with me. We agreed on a price with a substantial discount and a week settlement terms.

The second guy offered me my full asking price if I'd sell them to him instead.

I was left without either buyer.

They sold a few days later 

Who needs $19000 speakers?  And how do you get 3 people in the space of about a fortnight wanting to buy them??

Who needs $19000 speakers?  And how do you get 3 people in the space of about a fortnight wanting to buy them??

They're almost $33k new! Amazing speakers, and you couldn't get better for the money that sound like these do. 2500w of built in amplification per speaker, no need for a subwoofer either ^_^ 

BeoLab 5 - Bang & Olufsen

Don't panic, 997.1's are like cockroaches, others will be along shortly. 

Take your time and get the one you want.

Haven't seen to many 997.2 manuals for sale lately 

Are you posting in the loo?  The echo is bad!:D

No, there hasn't been to many manuals.  I've only just started following them on Carsale in the last month and can only recall seeing two with a nice maroon S with 75,000km for $115,000 that hung around for a while that sold two weeks ago.

Someone smarter than me will likely post the total number of PDK's and manuals delivered here but I suspect for the 3.6's and 3.8's the percentage of manuals would be pretty small.  I guess that shouldn't be a surprise when on any objective measure the PDK's whip the clumsy slow human with last century tech.  I'll admit to being surprised recently to hear how there are competitive drivers in Targa Tasmania who just run in auto mode with the occasional human intervention.  

I'm sitting in a pub at Chinchilla may be I have the hiccups 

Some one quoted a story time the other day about guys getting out of 991.s and getting back to 997.2 manuals 

Every body quotes the J curve I would just like to see the value of 997,s to rise rather than fall

I continually tell Shannon's try to find a mint 997.2 manual for the price the quoted on their valuation 

These cars are under appreciated 

I have done the Porsche Targa Tasmania when it wasn't limited to 130 k saw 200k regularly never shifted into to 6 gear great fun well organised have thought about doing it again but just felt the current rules are too restricting 

Just as a note Porsche bring a vehicle from the museum every year the year we did it they bought a 904 the ViN was 001

If you are looking for a navigator Tom I will sir on the right for you.

You will need one as you have to navigate every where from the starting location every day 

Very humbling experience they also let you loose on Simmons Plains