Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

sorry, I should clarify something here, my buying eyes  are those of a person whom would/will want to track the car. (In case it's not clear)

The factory recaros and roll bar will set you back some decent coin if you wish to add them later, and trust me after some track time in the comfort spec electric seats you WILL add them later. 

Having said this, it doesn't seem to command a premium one way or another. But to the track guys it's a more desirable spec car.

Yes, silver is more conservative option colour wise, quintessential Porsche IMO plus the national racing colour ??  And I think they look great in that colour. ?

silver with clubsport interior AND touring seats if you ever want them.  And silver.  Gee, sounds perfect for you edgy.  Great fun and bloody fast on track too.....

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2002/SSE-AD-4195631

Edited by DJM

silver with clubsport interior AND touring seats if you ever want them.  And silver.  Gee, sounds perfect for you edgy.  Great fun and bloody fast on track too.....

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2002/SSE-AD-4195631

Love that car.

Need more money.

The blue one is a touring, the silver is a factory CS. 

On the topic of GT3's, still surprised as to why this hasn't sold; http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2000/OAG-AD-12819484/?Cr=11

Save yourself 100k over a 997 RS and get yourself the real deal. :)

i know this car--you wouldn't be surprised if you knew its history.

Edgy

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4162000

So you dont think is the peach..and of course the Melbourne GT2 Spaceship ;) 

Gen2 and low Kms   ..you didnt mention that one.. 

Wouldnt you just cut a lump out the back of your electrc seats and create a comfortable club lounge sport 

and if you put a GT3 996.1 or .2 or a 997.1 or 997.2 ina drag or shoot out with  997 Turbos whats the outcome

I have got to say, I do not get the anxiety about buying motorsport cars that have been used for motorsport?

When I read GT3 ads that start with; never raced or tracked I think to myself, you f%$^ing idiot, why not? 

Sure, they need a thorough inspection, but first & foremost you should also find more out about the owner or previous owners, this usually tells you a hell of a lot about how the car has been cared for! If its Mr. Johnny come lately drug dealer, you need to run, run very fast. But should you happen to buy one from a prominent member of the Porsche community, these guys usually maintain them on an open cheque book basis AND know how to drive them, because most the time they've driven them for a very long time.  

There is also an understanding that you will not pay the premium of a collector or pristine example, but that is reflected in resale and all relative.

One thing is for sure, you can't quite quantify smiles per mile and I'll bet my left testicle that value is far higher in a car you can actually drive. :ph34r:

/ [RANT] 

Bang on Edgy!  I think every 73 RS i've seen for sale has proudly mentioned it's documented early race history.

<RantContinued>

If the GT3RS is the modern day equivalent, and the original driver was a legend of Australian motorsport - take a look at his incredible race history here - and tell me how that is a BAD thing for this car?  I wish I had the cash for this thing!

If you think of cars like an RS as is an investment - it may not pay short term like a mint car will, but long term it ought to.

And if you think of cars like this as just something awesome to drive, take the $100K discount and go slay some tyres!

i know this car--you wouldn't be surprised if you knew its history.

Ok, so we have someone qualified to end the speculation. Would Autohaus be marketing a car that hadn't been repaired properly? Or does this come back to the track abuse to a track car factor? 

I'm just trying to work out if we are all chasing garage queens or if there is really a need for concern re: this particular car. (not for me obviously but for the broader PFA community that may benefit from such knowledge). :)

Ok, so we have someone qualified to end the speculation. Would Autohaus be marketing a car that hadn't been repaired properly? Or does this come back to the track abuse to a track car factor? 

I'm just trying to work out if we are all chasing garage queens or if there is really a need for concern re: this particular car. (not for me obviously but for the broader PFA community that may benefit from such knowledge). :)

One man's garage queen is another man's beater! My attitude to cars doesn't relate to their value but their value compared with my current net worth! It's the old story that if you need to ask how much it costs to run or how much it will depreciate, you probably can't afford to own it!

I am sure that Autohaus wouldn't have a "bad" car in stock, but every car has a story and people will then apply their own valuation to that story. The car might well be very sound, but so far, the market is saying that for its history, it is too highly priced.

Edgy

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4162000

So you dont think is the peach..and of course the Melbourne GT2 Spaceship ;) 

Gen2 and low Kms   ..you didnt mention that one.. 

Wouldnt you just cut a lump out the back of your electrc seats and create a comfortable club lounge sport 

and if you put a GT3 996.1 or .2 or a 997.1 or 997.2 ina drag or shoot out with  997 Turbos whats the outcome

With regards to this particular car, its reasonably priced, I guess, talk some $$$ off that and you've brought well, the Mezger in 3.8 is the big draw card on these... most 7.2's are asking high 200's and with 991.1 bordering low 300's (soon to be high 200's?) you have a dilemma... 

I tend to overlook the 7.2 in the current market, not because I think its a bad car, because I like the 7.1 better for lots of money less. (seriously the 7.1 CS with PCCB is a rare spec at low 200's) 

7.2 is a little lairy with the bigger wing and wider body, the CL wheels not overly practical either... in a touring spec, it is kind of a weird car to me. 

And that's just my feelings on the matter, I simply prefer the narrow body, almost understated look of the 6.1->7.1 GT3's, classic Porsche formula really. 

EDIT - RE: GT3 vs Turbo in a drag race... GT3 has no chance. TT is tear your face off acceleration, especially in Gen 2 PDK.

Edited by edgy

1979 Porsche 911 SC Manual - LHD

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-4197802/?gts=SSE-AD-4197802&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-4197802&Cr=3

"You have a MAGNUS WALKER signature on the fuel cap! Signed by the man himself." :D:D

Nice car!!  #Getoutanddrive

sporting the hitherto unknown g15 gearbox!

i will watch this one with interest.

no need to go on so much about lhd.  You're either ok with it or you're not.  No need to over scramble the egg IMO. (If seller is reading). Still I would urge any fence sitters to give lhd a go, it is fun.

sporting the hitherto unknown g15 gearbox!

yeah, I noticed that too and had a chuckle. I'm surprised the ask isn't a lot higher with such a rare gearbox like that..

I mean c'mon, what more can you ask for...a signature from the man himself, left hooker and a rare g15 to boot!

yeah, I noticed that too and had a chuckle. I'm surprised the ask isn't a lot higher with such a rare gearbox like that..

I mean c'mon, what more can you ask for...a signature from the man himself, left hooker and a rare g15 to boot!

speaking of which, can any anorak tell me why the 915 is 915?  I was pointing out to a friend the part numbers which start with 901 which originate from the early days, the 911 part numbers and the 930 numbers which are borrowed from the turbo.  He then asked why 915 on the gearbox and I had to admit I was stumped, as there was no 915 chassis,or was there?

It was the next available Type number on the sequential list of engineering projects that started in 1893 with No.1 being his electric horseless carriage for Lohner

True, but it was for the 911 4 door study.... sorry, long wheelbase 911 study

9151968-69Four-passenger 911 studies with 2,560 mm (100.8 in) wheelbase

And then the gearbox. For some reason they used it twice??

Edited by ANF

With regards to this particular car, its reasonably priced, I guess, talk some $$$ off that and you've brought well, the Mezger in 3.8 is the big draw card on these... most 7.2's are asking high 200's and with 991.1 bordering low 300's (soon to be high 200's?) you have a dilemma... 

I tend to overlook the 7.2 in the current market, not because I think its a bad car, because I like the 7.1 better for lots of money less. (seriously the 7.1 CS with PCCB is a rare spec at low 200's) 

7.2 is a little lairy with the bigger wing and wider body, the CL wheels not overly practical either... in a touring spec, it is kind of a weird car to me. 

And that's just my feelings on the matter, I simply prefer the narrow body, almost understated look of the 6.1->7.1 GT3's, classic Porsche formula really. 

EDIT - RE: GT3 vs Turbo in a drag race... GT3 has no chance. TT is tear your face off acceleration, especially in Gen 2 PDK.

Lord of the Edge.. I bow down to you and your wise words

So its definitely had a shunt? Do either of you know the extent of the damage and/or the quality of repair? 

The word is it had an off at the track and damaged the n/s rear qtr, Rear bar and engine lid, No structural members replaced just repair and paint and while you are there hence the full respray.