Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Nice car for sure but I can't get my head around the economics of spending over $70k on work and repairs on a car that has a market value of less than $80k?

How much for 20 years' routine Porsche centre service + consumables on a 993?

Nowhere to run or hide from that cost; maybe an independent could keep some of the bills down.

For the remainder , I'm afraid if people don't understand the $2 in $1 out equation , they have more $ than c.

And anyone buying the car should rightly fear more high service costs.

Emotions and hormone surges tend to cloud judgement. Sorry to be so clinical.

It looks like most of the underbody repair work has been done. Countless hours just in that. Anyone buying this needs to know where all the bits go. You're buying a big box of loose bits and hoping they're all there.

It looks like most of the underbody repair work has been done. Countless hours just in that. Anyone buying this needs to know where all the bits go. You're buying a big box of loose bits and hoping they're all there.

Buying a big box of S bits - seller is a good guy

Nice looking 993 turbo:  http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1996/SSE-AD-2787127/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1

A bit more sensibly priced than the $215k joke, but still pushing the envelope at $150k . . . maybe that's the new normal, but I think $130k is closer?  

Anyone know this car?

Don't know anything about this one. It's been there a few weeks. Looks tidy enough but it will either need or have had replaced all the usual weaknesses, so buyer beware. The last one sold was the CTS black one. Higher mileage, lower price in comparison.

Bit hard to tell what the price is these days. I got an unsolicited offer on mine last week but it wasn't enough to dislodge it. It's the one my wife loves above all others which makes it harder to justify selling. $150k might shake the tree enough :-)

Don't know anything about this one. It's been there a few weeks. Looks tidy enough but it will either need or have had replaced all the usual weaknesses, so buyer beware. The last one sold was the CTS black one. Higher mileage, lower price in comparison.

Bit hard to tell what the price is these days. I got an unsolicited offer on mine last week but it wasn't enough to dislodge it. It's the one my wife loves above all others which makes it harder to justify selling. $150k might shake the tree enough :-)

Yeah, you'd think if you're going to ask $150k for a car you could clearly spell out whether critical maintenance work has or has not been carried out!  Your car is beautiful . . . nice to see a 993TT that isn't black or silver!  

911SC to a Barracuda! That's like dumping Claudia Schiffer for Pamela Anderson:)

*Uncle style*  Looks at Claudia, looks at Pamela, looks at Claudia, looks at Pamela!

Can't blame a man for wanting to have a go of both!

Giving up some fine German engineering for American fun bags.... will still be bags of fun!

The ideal though is a big enough bank account and garage/bedroom that you can have both!  At once.

My SC will be on the market next week to make way for another project that i have purchased.. will be on Carsales $54k neg. :(

Just checked out your ad on Carsales, great looking car with tasteful ("period") mods that even the purists should be able to live with.

Given that you are including the original parts IOM your asking price is for once a realistic one, if the car lives up to the AD i doubt if the first (serious) person that looks at it will walk away without it.

Good luck and you never know it might end up in QLD.

Yeah. Lovely car and well presented ad, with all the shit on market this will stand head and shoulders above the crap and an educated buyer will stump up the cash.

If it had a 300hp engine it would be me!

911SC to a Barracuda! That's like dumping Claudia Schiffer for Pamela Anderson:)

Haha, that made me laugh.

I will call her Grace Kelly, the American that lived in Europe for a while.

The early Barracuda's were serious road racing cars and competed in the first SCCA and Trans Am events. It was even homologated by the FIA to run at Lemans and the European sports car events against the Porsche's etc , however Chrysler didn't have the budget.

Liuzzi the ex F1 driver raced one at Goodwood Revival a few years ago.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2802729&Cr=47

That is a really smart car. It has a lot going for it. Aussi delivered, georgous looks combining that colour, those wheels, the martini stripes, those awesome cibies and the ducktail. That would make any new buyer 'the man' at any SMT.

Given some of the total rubbish that has been for sale, at fifty that should be snapped up.