Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The entire car is wrong but ALMOST wouldn't worry me at 35K ....Yes dickwad, an often unheard masterpiece of Aussie slang seldom heard these days. You've been itching to call me something since I downgraded a dirty import poofy coloured lefty 928 a few years back. Took you that long to get something on me, two heads?:P

Not sure what you are on about, as there has never been a poofy coloured 928 ^_^..... I told you not to eat those mushrooms!

Need some experienced advice from this group please.

I am a new comer here but a long term Porsche fan.

Trying to get my first Porsche now that the kids are done etc.

Found a 2003 996TT Auto silver with 31K at Ferrari Maserati Sydney. Flew down looked at it drove it liked it put a deposit on it. Following day asked for a PPI to be included on the contract (Was still in the cooling off period).

PPI has raised issues with an engine oil leak to be investigated, bump stops and top struts t be changed on suspension, horn not working, old tyres, engine mount sag, sweaty radiators. Few other minor issues with window seals, door trims and wiper blades.

Good compression and cylinder leak tests.

After pledging lots of support the dealer is cooling their heels for the last 12 days (people on leave and now case with owner of dealership).

Whats the feeling from the group. The car is not cheap (>120) so I expect everything to be fixed. I am attracted by the mileage but keeping a cool head about the potential costs in the medium term.

Would value some sage advice.....

price check aisle 5 @smit2100 price check ...

Debatable! 

844782d1403085002-81-pearl-pink-928s-for

Don't get me wrong, I reckon its a fine machine in its own right... few might agree with me though. 

You genuinely could lot pay me enough money to drive this.

It brings two horrific decisions together - pink paint jobs and 928s....

BTW - apologies to all you 928ers out there.  I prefer Frankenstein 959 kitted rusty 911s. 

The entire car is wrong but ALMOST wouldn't worry me at 35K ....Yes dickwad, an often unheard masterpiece of Aussie slang seldom heard these days. You've been itching to call me something since I downgraded a dirty import poofy coloured lefty 928 a few years back. Took you that long to get something on me, two heads?:P

im lovin 959 kits as much m, if not more than all the studious ST or RSR  RS IROC positions people adopt.. they are all wannabes 

That 25k eBay 959 was aside from dodgy engine number  and while missing production also, you'd have had  a fun basis for a Dakar tribute or one better ... recreating the early 959 test mule... though maybe you'll encounter some rego issues ???  even better motor was a carrera 3 and based on the recent high end sales of 29usd for used engine meant you'd have been paid to take away the car...

%5BURL=http://s615.photobucket.com/user/micheloaks/media/IMG_1497.png.html]IMG_1497.png

hmmm 959 test mule 

%5BURL=http://s615.photobucket.com/user/micheloaks/media/IMG_9647.jpg.html]IMG_9647.jpg

Edited by michel

You genuinely could lot pay me enough money to drive this.

It brings two horrific decisions together - pink paint jobs and 928s....

BTW - apologies to all you 928ers out there.  I prefer Frankenstein 959 kitted rusty 911s. 

I nearly bid on this during one its ebay runs.  Aussie del, manual, rumoured to be ex Rose Hancock - plus I'm a sucker for some 80's tuner madness...

And you get 4 wings - if you count the underwing - which you should.  4!

Debatable! 

844782d1403085002-81-pearl-pink-928s-for

Don't get me wrong, I reckon its a fine machine in its own right... few might agree with me though. 

not a factory colour but still sort of suits the car.... would look better in another colour. Factory colours suit the best :)

I nearly bid on this during one its ebay runs.  Aussie del, manual, rumoured to be ex Rose Hancock - plus I'm a sucker for some 80's tuner madness...

I to was a quiet admirer .. was it strosek?

Just the provenance you don't want! :lol: Unless ole mate Lang left a few bones in there? 

Cool car though! I wonder if that blue Koenig is still out at Galston? :D 

Edited by edgy

Not sure what you are on about, as there has never been a poofy coloured 928 ^_^..... I told you not to eat those mushrooms!

yep sorry you're right; I meant to say it was a LGBTQblahblahblah colour! It IS all the mushies that's it, I knew they'd come back to haunt me one day as dementia sets in??

Holy shitballs 

$195k

Wasn't the last one of these about 95k?

And was it this one?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-924-1981/OAG-AD-14463422

cd5402761263000829173.jpg?aspect=centere

Trev This one has uber low kms when I rang - The value for a collector is the ultra-low mileage so sad its destined to stay that way