Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Cars guys, we a re supposed to be talking about cars...... :rolleyes:

This guy is clearly on something, Strong!!

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-4213656/?Cr=1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PORSCHE-1986-3-2-CARRERA-EURO-SPORT-CLONED-TO-964-RS-/162439323202?hash=item25d2235e42:g:ZDsAAOSwzgBY0O5b

5 minutes ago it was on ebay for $85k with "NO OFFERS NOT ONE CENT LESS." along with other babble, now it is $90k!! This car has been on and off sale for a while with some rather odd comments.... I wonder if it is really for sale or actually exists??!

Would you pay a million now that the new GT3 is virtually (99%) the same car? Long term the R will be worth a lot more but you'd have to think the short term balloon has popped.

Or maybe FOMO is still alive and well and someone else will pony up the cash.

I guess strike while the iron is hot. Magnesium roof and wing delete (and 991 cars) doesn't equal another $600k in my book, it obviously does to some though or they wouldn't sell!

Did these also come with the single mass flywheel as standard?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-4213656/?Cr=1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PORSCHE-1986-3-2-CARRERA-EURO-SPORT-CLONED-TO-964-RS-/162439323202?hash=item25d2235e42:g:ZDsAAOSwzgBY0O5b

5 minutes ago it was on ebay for $85k with "NO OFFERS NOT ONE CENT LESS." along with other babble, now it is $90k!! This car has been on and off sale for a while with some rather odd comments.... I wonder if it is really for sale or actually exists??!

Ole to Ollie, or is that Ole, he has tried every strange marketing tactic since he first listed 6 months back. And usually with a "demanding" style of comments to the world out there. I remember his first ad something like "will sell to the mainland only" and then there was the doozy last week of "this car is not for sale".....  hmmm, well after all he is a TaswegianB)

Anyone you know near him, would be interesting to know just how good/bad it is....

Ole to Ollie, or is that Ole, he has tried every strange marketing tactic since he first listed 6 months back. And usually with a "demanding" style of comments to the world out there. I remember his first ad something like "will sell to the mainland only" and then there was the doozy last week of "this car is not for sale".....  hmmm, well after all he is a Taswegian

Anyone you know near him, would be interesting to know just how good/bad it is....

Check out his ebay other items!

@Al lives up his way.....

Clearly!

_3.jpg

"THIS IS NOT A PLATIC PORSCHE ALL PARTS CAME OFF AN RS" 

Doesn't look like an RS rear bumper

But he has "OWNED 10 PORSCHE 911,S AND OTHER PORSCHES A 3.8 RSR I RACED IN EUROPE SO I KNOW MY PORSCHE CARS OVER 40 YEARS"

So I guess I must be mistaken :lol:

Ole to Ollie, or is that Ole, he has tried every strange marketing tactic since he first listed 6 months back. And usually with a "demanding" style of comments to the world out there. I remember his first ad something like "will sell to the mainland only" and then there was the doozy last week of "this car is not for sale".....  hmmm, well after all he is a TaswegianB)

Clearly!

_3.jpg

"THIS IS NOT A PLATIC PORSCHE ALL PARTS CAME OFF AN RS" 

Doesn't look like an RS rear bumper

But he has "OWNED 10 PORSCHE 911,S AND OTHER PORSCHES A 3.8 RSR I RACED IN EUROPE SO I KNOW MY PORSCHE CARS OVER 40 YEARS"

So I guess I must be mistaken :lol:

This guy really is the gift that keeps on giving:D I look forward so much to each new variant.

Some of it is pure imagination. Some of it is pure fraud. He claims the bumpers and side rockers are off an RS. They are not as anybody who knows what they are talking about can spot a mile off. He claims the car The weight he claims the car in is more like wishful thinking than having any relation to reality. I particularly like his experience racing a 3.8 RSR because f the confidence it gives me that this is a good car.

I can't wait for the next series of ads.

Check out his ebay other items!

@Al lives up his way.....

Someone woke me from my deep volvo dream.

ok head is back in porsche land.. yep I know the car and owner. Not well but we chat every now and then at car shows.

As mentioned before I recall the car being neat (looking beyond the body kit). Under carpets up front very neat. Inside very clean. I don't recall anything suspicious at all like damage or rust.

He's always a nice guy to me so I have nothing bad to say.

I wish him well on the sale. It would probably sell quicker and easier if returned to standard config is the only suggestion I have.

I can arrange to look at it closer if someone is seriously interested. Maybe close up photos of certain areas.

This guy really is the gift that keeps on giving:D I look forward so much to each new variant.

Some of it is pure imagination. Some of it is pure fraud. He claims the bumpers and side rockers are off an RS. They are not as anybody who knows what they are talking about can spot a mile off. He claims the car The weight he claims the car in is more like wishful thinking than having any relation to reality. I particularly like his experience racing a 3.8 RSR because f the confidence it gives me that this is a good car.

I can't wait for the next series of ads.

i wonder who owns the genuine RS that's now running around as a 3.2 Carrera clone having swapped his genuine RS bits with this knob.?

"Looks Sounds and drives just like a real 964 RS".....yeah right

i wont be "waisting" his time.....

Edited by DJM

I wonder if 'stripe delete' will help future values?

I had a look at the R last night.  I'm in Sydney with work this week.  Whilst waiting for rain to stop on walk down to Kirribilli Cafe (best food in Sydney by the way) had a look and it has a notice on window "Not for Sale".  Looks nice in the blue with no stripes.