What's putting a smile on your dial?

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse the Sarcasm :Chuckle2: I am being to harsh on them ,,,every one gets a trophy MG-216.gif

But $2.9 billion in total months over due and millions over budget,,,,,, they opened Sydney s light rail today ..............And who would have guessed it ,,,it broke down :P  

With all the Bullshit surrounding this mess ,,,all the retards had to do today was get it right ..........FAIL 

We must be a shining example to other nations on how to constantly do things poorly 

https://au.yahoo.com/news/light-rail-fail-new-tram-breaks-down-hours-after-opening-061910351.html

ecded2a0-1e34-11ea-b34d-bdc6ab7e2a06.jpg

8 hours ago, Raven said:

We must be a shining example to other nations on how to constantly do things poorly 

The same happened here with a 300metre tram extension that was/is labelled absolutely pointless, costs blew out, disruption to traffic flow for months and months and has narrowed a very well used major road through the outskirts of the Adelaide cbd. The first test run showed up numerous problems, so they were rectified at an exorbitant cost, yet ofcourse the new government blames the old one for cutting corners blah blah blah. 

Why say you can build X at XXX cost when it's obviously bullshit? Seems to be the norm for any company building anything these days.

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

The same happened here with a 300metre tram extension that was/is labelled absolutely pointless, costs blew out, disruption to traffic flow for months and months and has narrowed a very well used major road through the outskirts of the Adelaide cbd. The first test run showed up numerous problems, so they were rectified at an exorbitant cost, yet ofcourse the new government blames the old one for cutting corners blah blah blah. 

Why say you can build X at XXX cost when it's obviously bullshit? Seems to be the norm for any company building anything these days.

The company that was doing the work was Spanish ,,about 3 quarters into the project they went bankrupt ,so this ment the state government had to pick up the remaining cost at some outrageous inflated cost ...

What makes me laugh is that all last week they were doing test runs and trying to fine tune any problems to avoid yesterdays brake down ,but at the critical moment with all eyes watching ,,,,they Failed again :Chuckle2:

I think the company that was doing our tram system was either Spanish or another European company. I know a big bridge that was built here was a Spanish company using a Victorian labour hire company using mainly Irish and other immigrant workers. 

Ya gotta laugh at the utter hypocrisy of the governments tender process when local companies and residents aren't used on civil jobs. Hell, even the previous Labor government outsourced their stationary supplies to a Victorian company forcing a local mob to close. Well done 👏👏👏

15 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

I heard on  the Chris Harris Podcast that 928`s have the same Drag Coefficient forwards or backwards, it was discovered accidentally when someone put the car in the wind tunnel backwards

The E type Jag has a better Cd backwards as well

On 14/12/2019 at 18:44, Raven said:

Excuse the Sarcasm :Chuckle2: I am being to harsh on them ,,,every one gets a trophy MG-216.gif

But $2.9 billion in total months over due and millions over budget,,,,,, they opened Sydney s light rail today ..............And who would have guessed it ,,,it broke down :P  

With all the Bullshit surrounding this mess ,,,all the retards had to do today was get it right ..........FAIL 

https://au.yahoo.com/news/light-rail-fail-new-tram-breaks-down-hours-after-opening-061910351.html

A little unfair of you - I mean $3BN to build a tram that takes 20 minutes longer than the bus its replacing is progress isnt it?

On 02/12/2019 at 09:45, OZ930 said:

D1CAEC2F-C406-49DF-8F89-5868FAE5868C

Urban myth - this never actually happened 

On 14/12/2019 at 18:44, Raven said:

Your not alone up there.....

When our "fantastic" (:wacko:) MYKI card system came in, our all smiles, proud polies, were filmed live at the station inserting the card,....and the machine actually broke down and fell apart.

FAIL...... 

Many years down the track and the system is still crap.    A lot of people have worked out a better way....just don't pay for public transport.