Stupid things people have said about your Porsche

Pauly

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This conversation had nothing to do with midlife crisis. It all started with a breakdown of car costs for my son. He's weighing up buying a car or travel after year 12. Travel it is.

tell him to wait until he's 21 if he plans in going USA. 

This conversation had nothing to do with midlife crisis. It all started with a breakdown of car costs for my son. He's weighing up buying a car or travel after year 12. Travel it is.

If he is planning on further study read the proposed au study changes carefully. I think there may be some penalty if you don't go straight to further study. But I'm operating on half-read newspaper articles so I could be completely wrong.

If he is planning on further study read the proposed au study changes carefully. I think there may be some penalty if you don't go straight to further study. But I'm operating on half-read newspaper articles so I could be completely wrong.

Thanks. We've still got a couple of years to work it out. Likely do one or two years of uni. then defer. Over 21 by then so he can take full advantage of what's on offer.

Byron Bay is looking at buying old Melbourne trams and using our old railway line for locals and tourists. (stay with me)

When I mentioned the plan to Mrs BBC, I got the ever funny "oh god, the old trams will always be breaking down and will need repairs constantly........like your stupid car".

Me walks off with tail between legs...no point discussing depreciation of her bus etc.....

• 2 weeks later...

'Why did you buy a penis with wheels?' - long time female friend.

'Should have bought one of these, quicker and less money' - knob in new GTS (his car was dearer).

Early 20s dude - 'I like your car, do you like it?'

Me - 'yep, wouldn't have bought it otherwise'

Early 20s dude -'oh, you know, you could have bought it for posing in, I wasn't sure'

WOW! is that boosted?

- yeah factory turbo

You can get them in turbo?

<_<  <_<

Big badge at the back. has some letters in it. not sure how to read. 

To be fair the term 'Turbo' has been stuck on a lot of things that have no turbines therein.   I even had a PC with a 'Turbo' button on it once.   And then there are all the 'turbo' badges stuck on non turbo cars.

I used to get that when I had my old 323 AWD turbo.  'Is that really a 4wd turbo?'  Yes, Subaru didn't invent the concept, you know...

Many years ago my girlfriend (now wife) .. Oh a Boxster isn't that a poor mans Porsche...

She's obviously been listening to Jeremy Clarkson :D

The same could be, but isn't, said about any model of car.

oh a C63, a poor man's E63

oh an M3, a poor man's M5

oh a Range Rover Sport, a poor man's Range Rover 

Nonsense!

She's obviously been listening to Jeremy Clarkson :D

The same could be, but isn't, said about any model of car.

oh a C63, a poor man's E63

oh an M3, a poor man's M5

oh a Range Rover Sport, a poor man's Range Rover 

Nonsense!

But isn't that why people buy M3's and C63's?  :P

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday while I was bucket washing the car at a local car wash a woman came up and asked if she could park her Holden Astra next to mine. I was fine with it but not sure why until she started taking pictures with of her car which were obviously for car sales with my car in the background. Unfortunately she hadn't done a great job on cleaning her white car which should of had silver wheels but were still black from her previous lack of caring for the car, not to mention the big patches of dirt which still remained on her car that she had missed.

Today I got asked by a neighbour about how big the turbo is on my NA model because he couldn't understand how it produced 320hp without a turbo.

Yesterday while I was bucket washing the car at a local car wash a woman came up and asked if she could park her Holden Astra next to mine. I was fine with it but not sure why until she started taking pictures with of her car which were obviously for car sales with my car in the background. Unfortunately she hadn't done a great job on cleaning her white car which should of had silver wheels but were still black from her previous lack of caring for the car, not to mention the big patches of dirt which still remained on her car that she had missed.

Today I got asked by a neighbour about how big the turbo is on my NA model because he couldn't understand how it produced 320hp without a turbo.

Just tell your neighbor you double your horsepower output when you lay your pistons flat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From my beloved (soon to be disowned) daughter.   Watching a graduation ceremony at her Uni with no appreciation or understanding of cars.   For the record, the "car" below was a Mustang. (at least had two door like a 911)

• Watching another car circus drive by and this man looks like you and his old ugly kind of Porsche car broke down and everyone had to push it !!!!

• Hahaha poor fella
  •  

The car sounds awful

Think it's dying

Archived