Stupid things people have said about your Porsche

Pauly

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my yard washing the car someone walking their dog,"So the engine is in the back right?,

"No you're thinking of that other model, there a dime a dozen, this one's in the front"

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke, Steve ....... ^_^

When I got my 930 a guy I worked with asked if it was the 12 cyl. version.

The other half called it a Ferrari for 6 months.

The 12 cyl version question I can forgive ......

Looks like it's time for a new "other half" ...... unforgivable.  :D

My neigbor called my car a selfish car because it only has two seats haha

i have had this- was on bribie island (they are a special bunch) running an errand for my old man in his GT3 at the time (hey if i gotta do a favour, i can at least use his car right?) and the house i was at the woman took a look at the car:

"looks expensive!"

well it wasn't cheap, no

with a mystified look on her face she peers into the car and says "but why is it so expensive... it only has two seats?"

• 1 month later...

Whilst at the drive thru bottle shop I had the front boot open and putting a slab of Heineken in it a bloke pulled up next to me and says " so that's what they run on!" Maybe you had to be there?......

Whilst at the drive thru bottle shop I had the front boot open and putting a slab of Heineken in it a bloke pulled up next to me and says " so that's what they run on!" Maybe you had to be there?......

I think he knew hah! 

I was in a carpark on Monday when a lady comes up to me and says

"That's not a Porsche. I know what a Porsche looks like!"

and walks away authoritatively. I was too dumbfounded to respond. Obviously she took the time to read the, notoriously hard to read, sticker above the rear bumper.

I was in a carpark on Monday when a lady comes up to me and says

"That's not a Porsche. I know what a Porsche looks like!"

and walks away authoritatively. I was too dumbfounded to respond. Obviously she took the time to read the, notoriously hard to read, sticker above the rear bumper.

I think it's quite rare to see a 944 cab in the first place!

Was working on a project with a guy with a Ferrari F360. To be fair he was quite modest about it, but he mentioned how reliable it's been.  I asked him how many kilometers were on it.

30,000 something k's.  

Ok, ok, I admit I set him up.  I said "oh, ok, that's cool." and left it at that.

He waited a moment and asked how many were on mine.  When I told him, he asked how many on the current motor.

I told him the same number. 405,000. :D

He didn't want to talk cars after that lol

In the 356 at a servo. Young kid (18??) gets out of a doof doof Nissan and walks over and eye balls the car. Asks what it is and how old it is. I tell him it's a  Porsche 356 1960 model. Hmm... he says. Did you buy it new?

If you're reading this kid......I AIN'T THAT OLD.

In the 356 at a servo. Young kid (18??) gets out of a doof doof Nissan and walks over and eye balls the car. Asks what it is and how old it is. I tell him it's a  Porsche 356 1960 model. Hmm... he says. Did you buy it new?

PISSA!

desismileys_3838.gif

Most people driving 356s are "old" ; give him some credit  :D

When I was 18 I thought people in their late 30s looked old.

My ex music teacher I thought at the time was mid 50s minimum, turned out he was 37 when he taught me.

Was working on a project with a guy with a Ferrari F360. To be fair he was quite modest about it, but he mentioned how reliable it's been.  I asked him how many kilometers were on it.

30,000 something k's.  

Ok, ok, I admit I set him up.  I said "oh, ok, that's cool." and left it at that.

He waited a moment and asked how many were on mine.  When I told him, he asked how many on the current motor.

I told him the same number. 405,000. :D

He didn't want to talk cars after that lol

When I used to sell computers I had a guy come in with a Mosler T-shirt on (figuring he was one of those types that wear shirts for cars he doesn't have) turns out he had 8 in stock, and was the distributor.. lol

Another 356 one that happens often.

Just get out of or standing beside the 356 and people ask "Is it yours?"

I say. "No. It belongs to my wife. She's had the car longer than she'd had me. She lets me work on it sometimes lets me drive it."

They never know if I'm telling the truth or not.

While working in Dubai, U.A.E. back in 2001 I drove with a group of friends to Muscat, Oman.  I was in a Boxster S.  When we went through the Border Control/Customs/Quarantine/Passport control [interesting to do in a car], an Old Arab Police Guy wanted to look at the engine of the new Boxster. Knowing it was a Porsche he walked around the back.   I popped the back boot and he looked in and was totally bewildered.  Then he walked around the front of the car and pointed... I opened the front.  He almost died in shock.   Another Arab Policeman that knew cars had to explain the motor was behind the seats and hidden away :)

• 11 months later...

At the local tyre place.

All guys I know.

Ol mate giving me shit about the  Porsche and says, " the Boxster's a hair dressers car isn't it"?

He's balding in his forties.

I say, "and you're familiar with hairdressers"?

Bit of fun with the lads.

filling up..  small town, south of the Qld border :)  Approached by a practical looking sort of chap..

"Nice Car "….

'thanks "   

Does a slow walk around .. stops at the rear..

"Can you get them with a tow bar ?"

Wasn't quick enough to reply… Yes, but you have to fit it on the front because the engine is in the back!

Lady in mid to late 60s at car wash the other day asked if my car was a Mazda RX-8. I replied "No, it's a Porsche 911". She proceeded to tell me about how RX-8s are such great cars and how her grand son wants one anyway. 

I don't think she new what a 911 was an definitely knew nothing about Mezger as when the attendant started the car she asked if it was a V8.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm at a car meet 3-4 years ago with my '78SC (41,000kms from new - mint condition) and I'm talking to a guy who has 'just' bought a brand new HSV Clubsport off the showroom floor. We get to talking about the Porsche and he says 'f*$k dude, that's a lot of money to sink for a car that old, you're never getting that back'.

Funny - over the next 18 months my car doubled in value, and his halved!

God where do I start. 

My bogan mates still can't comprehend I have a 911. 

Never have I seen such "hate" toward a car. 

Comments like 

"why did you sell the Monaro", guess we all make mistakes. 

POOOSH, why!.

Is that car parked or abandoned. 

When are you selling it to buy another Holden. 

I always come back with, "have you driven one" 

Answer is always NO.

I wonder why. 

Archived