Opinions Wanted....... Am I Dreaming??

Fastest car on the road in Darwin is a Hilux Tray back with bullbar, uplift kit, toolbox and a dog cage.  Hilux races at rush hour were pretty scary at times.

…..and no, you are not dreaming.

No your not dreaming Dreamr, Porsche badge get's 'em every time, it's like a magnet, attracts every bogan from miles around.

Also attracts people who genuinely like your car just got to take the good with the bad.

Here is a suggestion lads : buy a go pro (or one of the cheapo repco equivs) and install it facing backwards on your parcel shelf.

Then , connect up a $3 blinking red light to a battery and make it be known that the camera is "on".

End of problem.

It's either that, pull over and let them pass or give it a bit more welly. But after a while that gets stupid, anyone racing on the road is a menace.

Edit: I always let people in for lane changes and so on. That way , they don't form an opinion all Porsche drivers are pricks on the inside. And you may just avoid an accident.

I always think of Clarkson in a 911 trying to get out of a side street and saying "don't expect anyone to let you in if your in a 911" - its quite funny how people change their behavior based on what car you drive............... :ph34r:

Having said that I do take car when approaching certain types of cars as they typically have a certain type of driver.  ;)  :P

I was driving along the freeway a while ago and an absolute bogan builder in an old sh!tt3r tray back heap of crap with a swaying trailer starts not giving me room then yelling abuse at me. Top was down, warm night. I guess that he had been partaking of a few cool drinks after work and got a little excited. Never cops around when I need them.

Mercedes drivers give you more room

BMW drivers want to race

Old shit boxes want to cut you off viciously

Commodore drivers want to stuff their nose up your arse.

A few drooling spectators at the lights.

Workmates all say you get paid too much.

Get a Porsche, Get a chance to examine the Human condition.

I accelerate hard at every stop to the speed limit. My logic being that if you tear away and make room between yourself and everyone else, a lot of the issues don't occur. Plus people driving 2.5T+ barges make me nervous when I'm in a sports car of any description.

You'll still get the odd dickhead tailgating, but if you make your own space it limits it dramatically.

My two worst incidents of road rage have both been with XR6 Turbo drivers, one of whom did his level best to cause an accident - sorry to anyone here who owns the aforementioned!

Guest Harold

It is not a dream. It is real and seriously funny. Remember, you can't put in what god left out and he left a lot out of some folk. Just drive and bath in the knowledge that your car is special.

Easy up lads, some of us Volvo "barge" drivers are capable. Our 2.5T V70 up here in Singapore is an excellent aircraft carrier.....our new T6 V60 in Sydney is possibly faster than my Porsche.

Let's avoid the stereotypes.

I get the good with the bad. I try and ignore the bad but that doesn't always work.

Its a shame that the tall poppy syndrome is still so alive and well.

However, I have noticed that no girls have been more attracted to me because of the car.

:)

So that part of Porsche owning is a myth... or am I just too ugly.

yes I know I am setting myself up for the reply.

However, I have noticed that no girls have been more attracted to me because of the car.

So that part of Porsche owning is a myth... or am I just too ugly.

yes I know I am setting myself up for the reply.

You are not "Tom Jones" on that Guvnor.......

Archived