Gratuitous Porsche Pics

Think you know them all? Bet ya don't! 

Screenshot_20170824-183608.png

I just saw this and I have been trying to find out more about it. Does anyone know? I thought it would be a good 'Fun Fact' for Mrs Jeff, but after spending half an hour searching online I can't find out any more info about it.

Jeff, all I can find is that is was maybe some form of prototype that was pitched at Porsche by Karman Ghia and was supposedly built on a VW chassis.  Obviously it was not picked up by Porsche as there is nothing else about it anywhere on the Web as you have found via your own search

21372957_2475957072619102_46805004912500

I just saw this and I have been trying to find out more about it. Does anyone know? I thought it would be a good 'Fun Fact' for Mrs Jeff, but after spending half an hour searching online I can't find out any more info about it.

From RL "Seen at Paris Auto Show '53. But 356 books I have make no mention of it. I looked up history of Karmann Ghia but in '53 the prototype shown to VW was a coupe, the cabriolet didn't come until '57. I'd like to hear this is a Porsche as it is labeled in the pictures I found on the net but am willing to accept its lowlier status as a KG cabriolet prototype. Maybe they built it on a VW floorpan and tried Porsche first and then when they got turned down, VW was the next customer"

You are right not much info on it....

ghiacabrearthreequarter1478222136.jpg

ghiacabriolet1478222171.jpg

57b299944ad214c73f1ca0a2f1dee8e3.jpg

Edited by ANF

21372957_2475957072619102_46805004912500

From RL "Seen at Paris Auto Show '53. But 356 books I have make no mention of it. I looked up history of Karmann Ghia but in '53 the prototype shown to VW was a coupe, the cabriolet didn't come until '57. I'd like to hear this is a Porsche as it is labeled in the pictures I found on the net but am willing to accept its lowlier status as a KG cabriolet prototype. Maybe they built it on a VW floorpan and tried Porsche first and then when they got turned down, VW was the next customer"

You are right not much info on it....

ghiacabrearthreequarter1478222136.jpg

ghiacabriolet1478222171.jpg

57b299944ad214c73f1ca0a2f1dee8e3.jpg

I think you are right, it looks like it was just a concept car. Doesn't really count as a Porsche to me if Porsche didn't make it.

I think you are right, it looks like it was just a concept car. Doesn't really count as a Porsche to me if Porsche didn't make it.

I think it is just like many concept cars over the ages, someone takes a model, makes it look like they want and slap a badge on it from what it was before, maybe to hopefully impress the original manufacturer?

In this case doubtful as it is fugly!

• 2 weeks later...

I think not, as he was a bit eccentric with his cars, though George Harrison had a 928 and possibly a 930 Turbo, but I'll see what I can find and get back to ya

that car has opening quarter windows and the girl (who I think is Cynthia) means it's all pre Yoko Oh no. (Yes I typed it that way)

When she passed her driving test, Lennon serially bought her a white Mini, a gold Porsche, a red Ferrari, and a green Volkswagen Beetle, usually as surprises without consulting her first

(Wikipedia)

Edited by OZ930

Cynthia said in her book

One of his biggest indulgences was cars. One day he made me cover my eyes and led me outside. Standing on the drive was a gold Porsche — for me. A few weeks later, however, the Porsche was gone and in its place was a red Ferrari. John had part-exchanged my car for one for himself.
He was an appalling driver. His passengers had to suffer a hideous rollercoaster ride as the car hit the kerb or mounted the pavement at breathtaking speed.