Gratuitous Porsche Pics

Man they had some balls back then. I recently watched an interview with Derek Bell, and he was saying they were doing near on 400kph or some wacky speed in the 917 at Le Mans with his eyes being basically useless due to the vibration.

Can you imagine the current F1 handbags experiencing that without pulling into the pits, jumping out of the car and returning to their motorhome for a therapy session due to the stress of having to experience such an event whilst driving a racing car? Poor loves 

11 hours ago, tomo said:

_ (10).jpeg

With a tubular chassis & minimum suspension travel, can you imagine the bump steer and frame flex when that thing landed  ??

Their gonads must have been so big I'm surprised the drivers of the day could actually sit inside the cockpit - respect !!

10 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

With a tubular chassis & minimum suspension travel, can you imagine the bump steer and frame flex when that thing landed  ??

Their gonads must have been so big I'm surprised the drivers of the day could actually sit inside the cockpit - respect !!

I reckon that's an historic/recent event. Look at the white car in the background.