I just bought the Outlaws ride...76 930

Now at least we all know where the cars are kept :(

not so sure it's a secret....type in magnus walker into google maps and his address comes up anyway :o

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Magnus+Walker+Urban+Outlaw/@34.0393416,-118.2341136,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2c622d9a00ec5:0xd0b27f404caa7509!8m2!3d34.0393372!4d-118.2319249

Edited by Blue964

not so sure it's a secret anyway....type in magnus walker into google maps and his address comes up any way :o

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Magnus+Walker+Urban+Outlaw/@34.0393416,-118.2341136,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2c622d9a00ec5:0xd0b27f404caa7509!8m2!3d34.0393372!4d-118.2319249

thats how I found his address, and the hotel, and Singer.... Possibly no Google in Byron ;) 

Is a certificate of title, the equiv of what we call, registration certificate?

Or is it an additional document that proves ownership?

Mike - Title is like a house deed.  Proof of official ownership.  If you take a loan out on a car, the loan company keeps the title the same way a mortgage lender keeps the house deed(or title).  He whoeth named on the title owneth the vehicle.  So if you buy an encumbered car in the USA you have to actually pay the money out to the lender to obtain the title.

You can't register a car without a title, but the registration is a different document.  As you'll note, this is the official 'pink slip' one would race for, as per many movies.  And, when viewing adverts, you might advertise your cars 'clean title' which means no surprsises on it.

If you transfer the vehicle you have to fill in the odometer and sign it as the seller and hte buyer.  That then goes on the record and a new title is issued when the transfer is done.  Plus the official mileage is traceable.  And if the car is written off and re-created, then it is issued a new 'salvage title' (whether theft, flood, crash, whatever).

Australia could do with a title system for vehicles really.  Registration of vehicle here doesn't mean proof of ownership at all.

Oh, and TurboT - make sure you get his signature on the bottom line, even though you don't strictly need to.

You won't be transferring the registration or lodging the title yourself (I assume, seeing as you're shipping it out) - but if anyone ever wants to repatriate the car, it needs his signature.  But your importer should be giving you advice on this not me.

not so sure it's a secret anyway....type in magnus walker into google maps and his address comes up any way :o

Follow him on Instagram and he pretty much posts the location himself. He drinks at the Zinc Cafe next for to his place, I'll be going there later today.

Follow him on Instagram and he pretty much posts the location himself. He drinks at the Zinc Cafe next for to his place, I'll be going there later today.

ZINC is definitely worth checking out. About 4 doors from Magnus's secret hideout ;) 

Got chatting yesterday about his videos, how he does them, who does them, utube hits etc etc. Takes hours/days of his time and he makes nothing directly from them. All about 'promoting his brand.' Seems to have worked so far..

So can can any Porsche lover just email these places for a tour? I'm sure Magnus' place is not open to the "public" as such  but Singer were happy to accommodate or did you drop MW name? 

Edited by spiller

So can can any Porsche lover just email these places for a tour? I'm sure Magnus' place is not open to the "public" as such  but Singer were happy to accommodate or did you drop MW name? 

MW and Singer in particular are very busy brands. MW literally had film shoots and an autobiography book writing deal each side of my visit and I had to move back the visit to get sometime with him. Guys that get through are usually some part of a promotional activity. Me - I just bought his car :) 

SINGER is different. I reached out 2 years ago to look at doing a build with them (even bought the 964 donor) so had Robs contact details and reached out a few weeks ago not expecting much, but he got straight back. Clearly I have just bought a car and shown interest before so it couldn't have hurt to have me come around as a potential future customer in their eyes. And I would if I now had the cash ;) .  Interestingly if I had pushed the button on the original build I would have ended up with one of the first 20 cars (50+ now made or in production/ordered), bought at a time when the Aussi Dollar was at parity with the US dollar and when Singer were charging $150,000 less for their cars. With a two year waiting list I wonder what Duttons would sell one of thoese for... $1m - $1.2m??

That was a big investment opportunity missed...

ZINC is definitely worth checking out. About 4 doors from Magnus's secret hideout ;) 

Got chatting yesterday about his videos, how he does them, who does them, utube hits etc etc. Takes hours/days of his time and he makes nothing directly from them. All about 'promoting his brand.' Seems to have worked so far..

Didn't make it there today ☹️

MW and Singer in particular are very busy brands. MW literally had film shoots and an autobiography book writing deal each side of my visit and I had to move back the visit to get sometime with him. Guys that get through are usually some part of a promotional activity. Me - I just bought his car :) 

SINGER is different. I reached out 2 years ago to look at doing a build with them (even bought the 964 donor) so had Robs contact details and reached out a few weeks ago not expecting much, but he got straight back. Clearly I have just bought a car and shown interest before so it couldn't have hurt to have me come around as a potential future customer in their eyes. And I would if I now had the cash ;) .  Interestingly if I had pushed the button on the original build I would have ended up with one of the first 20 cars (50+ now made or in production/ordered), bought at a time when the Aussi Dollar was at parity with the US dollar and when Singer were charging $150,000 less for their cars. With a two year waiting list I wonder what Duttons would sell one of thoese for... $1m - $1.2m??

That was a big investment opportunity missed...

Ah that makes sense, I thought it would be too good to be true. I will just keep to kicking tyres at the nice car dealerships instead as I wont be enquiring on singer builds anytime soon!

Re: Duttons, they would be all over that like bees to honey and i'd add another 300K to your price tag.