I just bought the Outlaws ride...76 930

I trust you noticed the other car in line ANF? Thought I'd pick you up something. Something that Tassie can reminisce about. Watch it though. A few more horses than you're used to ?

I think Adam can handle more horses than most people here, nanana! He's actually been around a track in anger too.

you've got to let us know what sort of folding that set you back 

Wasn't cheap'but for this car worth it. The 76 only has 50,000 miles so funnily I only have a few services stamps missing as I intend to now use this with the car  for all the maintenance I get done in the future. Magnus had it serviced just before I bought it, so first thing I'm going to do is get it sent off to the US so as I can get that stamp in there. Also to get his signature in the owners section.  Then I have the interesting challenge of trying to track down the past, and ideally the original ,owners to get more history added. Kind of fun.

The work shop manual is also in mint condition - got that amazing old paper smell, but all images are perfect. Ebay is an amazing resource for this kind of stuff. Got lots of original catalogues on the way on the turbo from 75/76. Found a very cool upholstery selector booklet with all the original upholstery samples in it, but passed as it was all in German

met a talented digital artist online through instagram.  At $180 a pic I couldn't resist getting the OTLWS profile done. Progress shot bellow + a few of his other pieces. His email if you are interested - djinguelian@gmail.com

0705162034b_zps3z6x0suk.jpg

I think I need me one of these.

...and back on topic, what sort of magical aussie welcome are we planning for the new outlaw? I'm thinking a little more effort than a bunch of dudes hanging out under the harbour bridge at midnight?

a big drive is in order for sure. 

I'm thinking a 959 convertible body kit

I know a guy who has one lying around...

Wasn't cheap'but for this car worth it. The 76 only has 50,000 miles so funnily I only have a few services stamps missing as I intend to now use this with the car  for all the maintenance I get done in the future. Magnus had it serviced just before I bought it, so first thing I'm going to do is get it sent off to the US so as I can get that stamp in there. Also to get his signature in the owners section.  Then I have the interesting challenge of trying to track down the past, and ideally the original ,owners to get more history added. Kind of fun.

The work shop manual is also in mint condition - got that amazing old paper smell, but all images are perfect. Ebay is an amazing resource for this kind of stuff. Got lots of original catalogues on the way on the turbo from 75/76. Found a very cool upholstery selector booklet with all the original upholstery samples in it, but passed as it was all in German

Tom, I have been reading your posts with interest since you decided to buy this car. I really like the way you decided you wanted something and got off your ass and did it - brokered a deal, jumped on a plane, bought it, got it packed up. Good on you, most folks would have sat at home in the arm chair and only dreamed of doing this. 

I also like your passion - it's infectious

Dave

Tom, I have been reading your posts with interest since you decided to buy this car. I really like the way you decided you wanted something and got off your ass and did it - brokered a deal, jumped on a plane, bought it, got it packed up. Good on you, most folks would have sat at home in the arm chair and only dreamed of doing this. 

I also like your passion - it's infectious

Dave

appreciate it Dave. Life can be a bitch sometimes, but this dream was worth a bit of sacrifice. Its still a bit hard to comprehend but in a month or so I'm going to be able to walk into my new garage and put the keys into the outlaws ride and go for a drive. Its going to be hard to top that feeling the first time I do that forsure