Touring Car Masters

LeeM

Could anything have been done to change that ? Looks like cold tyres and a slide to me........with lots of cars right behind.

As literally the man in the middle ...

Not much.  CharnaMan was colder than his tyres and hit the gas mid corner and kept in the slipper.  Dumbarse and I told him so in the medical centre.  As he should, he agreed.

Most of it happened at the crest so many of those behind were unsighted including the 3 poor bastards who had no option but to collect me.  A couple of laughs afterwards about my rear wing.  AS you can see, it got fairly airborne.  The guy in the orange Mustang who hit me first whinged to the marshalls that they'd put my wing on his roof.  The response?  "Nah mate, thats where it landed after the shunt".  Even I managed to laugh ...

The rest you saw.

Car 90 has already been on and is now off the bench.  Rear rails back in place but needing a bit of tweaking.  Cross bar at rear salvageable.  Both rear 1/4 ers already off and the engine and gearbox out and back in Bayswater at Werks.  Gearbox fine.  Needs new 12 point distributor (ouch), front engine mount welded back on, cam box on front LHS repaired but otherwise all OK it seems.  Need 2 rear wheels but neither trailing arm is broken (thank goodness as they're Turbo ones as the car started life as a 86 widebody Carrera).

Nothing  forward of the read window bent or damaged.  Cage still intact and no bends.

Notwithstanding the prang, it was a great weekend.  Always enjoy toweling up these big bangers.  Qualifying in P8 against cars with 250-300 more hp shows what a great package 911's that are properly sorted is.

And how strong in a Big One.

Bernie Stack got as big a hit as I've seen.  Car a mess and he was carted off to hospital.  Fractured L1 (not major) and sprained ankles (the wheel well and floor came up and bit him).  Walked out yesterday and back home last night.

Any shunt you can walk away from is a good one and all those who were in it did (with Bernie being on a time delay ...) so the only thing that was bruised was balance sheets. You know shit could get expensive going in so it's part of it. 

Also, Voltarin is a wonderful thing. Massage in a pill.  

Edited by Skidmarks

GUT - have none to spare.  Sold the last "excess to needs" one a month or so ago. You snoozed ....

I did have a camera in at the time of the stack and am extracting footage and will try and post.  Have some great footage of race 1 where I was monstering the red Trans Am all race.  

Thanks LeeM. Was driving the arse off it. 

GUT - have none to spare.  Sold the last "excess to needs" one a month or so ago. You snoozed ....

I did have a camera in at the time of the stack and am extracting footage and will try and post.  Have some great footage of race 1 where I was monstering the red Trans Am all race.  

Thanks LeeM. Was driving the arse off it. 

Post up both vids. Love to see a 911 kicking big fat asses on the track ;) 

IMG_1486_zpswkkokd0l.jpg

IMG_1487_zpswohsyqs1.jpg

IMG_1488_zpsmkfyepke.jpg

IMG_1489_zpskxmahty3.jpg

IMG_1490_zpsqwckv1vc.jpg

IMG_1495_zps28lnxdez.jpg

New rear guards, bar and tail being made this weekend.

Not steel ...

Not fiberglass ...

Engine now out, new muffler being built, new distributor ordered, various bit of tin ware sourced, new leads on LHS, front (rear) engine mount being welded back on, gearbox end cover replaced - other bits and pieces sorted. 

The car will be back on the road in the next 3 weeks.

I'll try and keep posting progress.

A bit different to the usual resto/build threads but might be interesting for people to see how it comes together.

puts a shiver down your spin and makes you cringe when you see that sort of damage ouch..........what sort of engine capacity are you guy,s allowed to run in that category and what sort of Hp do you get ....?

Spoke to Bernie yesterday. It's also fixable. His hit in the rear was a hit smaller but the front damage was pretty bad.  

He's out of action for about 6 weeks.

Raven.  The engines are 3.6. Mine has around 365hp. Limiter chip at 7300 but mine can and has run to 8200. 

Some trick internals and careful building. They're pretty bullet proof if you treat them well. 

Its a race car. Has been for a long time. Porsche was also known to build them ... and race them ... and crash them.  Just doing my bit to keep the legend alive! ??

Edited by Skidmarks

Spoke to Bernie yesterday. It's also fixable. His hit in the rear was a hit smaller but the front damage was pretty bad.  

Just doing my bit to keep the legend alive! ??

Good news about Bernie. From the pics, it didn't look too good like yours. Testament to the cars I s'pose, and thanks for keeping people like me entertained with a 911 on track ;) 

Skidmarks the engine lid hinges have they been drilled to save on weight? Never seen hinges with so many holes. Thanks for sharing the pics and look forward to the updates.

yes they have been drilled. As the organic element of the car (me) in far from svelte ...