Thanks Kerry, I'm 192cm and tempted to dip my toe in the 928 waters.

So is the consensus that it needs to be an S4 onwards to be comfortable? How far back does the seat need to go; is there room for occasional child passengers?

Any Sunroof "delete" should suffice - the sunroof takes approx. 70mm from the head room.....

From 1985 on has the same seats as the S4 (so you will get slightly more head room) these are a thinner seat base and some say this is not as comfortable as the earlier "comfort" seats - I am 185cm and can fit into an S4 with sunroof but not by much (depends how upright you like to sit - very for me!). I make do with my 83 and sunroof (the 928 slouch - but it is actually quite comfortable....), but ideally I would like some '84 on seats one day. No one can sit behind my drivers seat (well no one with legs :) ) but my son is easily accommodated in his car seat behind the passenger seat and would hopefully still be into his teens....... My seat is as far back as it goes......

Have a look through this http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/8003-a-928-question-on-seats/

Edited by ANF
wrong year

:)  but my son is easily accommodated in his car seat behind the passenger seat and would hopefully still be into his teens....... My seat is as far back as it goes......

Is your son a Smurf? :ph34r:

Any Sunroof "delete" should suffice - the sunroof takes approx. 70mm from the head room.....

From 1985 on has the same seats as the S4 (so you will get slightly more head room) these are a thinner seat base and some say this is not as comfortable as the earlier "comfort" seats - I am 185cm and can fit into an S4 with sunroof but not by much (depends how upright you like to sit - very for me!). I make do with my 83 and sunroof (the 928 slouch - but it is actually quite comfortable....), but ideally I would like some '84 on seats one day. No one can sit behind my drivers seat (well no one with legs :) ) but my son is easily accommodated in his car seat behind the passenger seat and would hopefully still be into his teens....... My seat is as far back as it goes......

Have a look through this http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/8003-a-928-question-on-seats/

Thanks ANF, that's all very helpful. I like the look of the blue manual S4 in Melbourne.

You are welcome :)

That one does look nice, has been on the market for a while now, make them an offer .....

Yes, I've noticed it's been hanging around. Given the price, the ad is disappointingly short on detail.

Looking more closely at the interior photographs, do I spot an MPH speedo? 

If it's an import, perhaps the 140,000 is miles not km.

Anybody on here got any more information about it?

Yes, I've noticed it's been hanging around. Given the price, the ad is disappointingly short on detail.

Looking more closely at the interior photographs, do I spot an MPH speedo? 

If it's an import, perhaps the 140,000 is miles not km.

Anybody on here got any more information about it?

Yes it does look to be MPH (well spotted!), then to me that is over priced. Do not believe the hype (BS) about euro ones being so much better than Aus ones.....

I'm not too precious about the import thing, but obviously the price would need to be adjusted. Also not sure if the speedo might need to be replaced to pass roadworthy in the ACT.

What do you think would be an appropriate price for the car, assuming it's in reasonable condition with good paper history?

(I guess it would vary depending on whether the 140,000 is miles or km)

Did 928s suffer from rust like contemporary 911s did, or is that less of an issue?

Edited by Sustenpass

I'm not too precious about the import thing, but obviously the price would need to be adjusted. Also not sure if the speedo might need to be replaced to pass roadworthy in the ACT.

What do you think would be an appropriate price for the car, assuming it's in reasonable condition with good paper history?

(I guess it would vary depending on whether the 140,000 is miles or km)

Did 928s suffer from rust like contemporary 911s did, or is that less of an issue?

I was more saying that a few 928 sellers on carsales are saying that their cars are worth more because they are the "full euro spec".... which is BS...

The km or miles would not make much difference, can gets lots of km out of these with routine maintenance. What this one may be worth? There has been a spike in 928 advertised prices, what this means in actual sales prices is unclear. I think  $43k for an Aus manual 87 s4 may be pushing it.... I would expect low $30s.... but whether they are willing to sell is another thing.....

928s have fully galvanised body, with Aluminium doors, bonnet and front guards, rust rare on Aussie ones, I suppose depends how long it was in the UK (assume UK?) and how it was stored? The seller needs to shed a bit more info first.

Nothing wrong with a UK car, approach is the same as for a local car - full inspection and make a decision based on condition, rather than delivery location. 

As for room, I'm 6'2" (about 188/9cm) and have no probs in an S4. I can also fit all three of my kids in with me - all under 10, 2 in booster seats. It is a bit tight behind the driver seat though...

I hate to say it, but at $4k this one is way over priced.... https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/deer-park/cars-vans-utes/porsche-928/1141119934 :mellow:

reminds me of that Car Rescue show.  Just watched the 928 episode recently.

"Mario, are you out of your flippin' mind, are you avin a larf, it's a wreck"

Yes it does look to be MPH (well spotted!), then to me that is over priced. Do not believe the hype (BS) about euro ones being so much better than Aus ones.....

haha, the speedo is mph so better negotiate a lower price.  Ridiculous concept but strangely true.

i think for the price, not really... there was a white one from memory for sale at $35k with similar ks

you have $15k to $20k for anything unforeseen, can't really lose. It's a 928 these things can handle high km