Car is unregistered, you will only be able to test drive it if you can bring trade plates.

.......and did I make it clear YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TEST DRIVE IT AS IT IS UNREGISTERED / AND I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY LOWER OFFERS

Am I the only one here who finds this absurd?  Without a test drive at the very least you might be opening a real can of worms with this purchase.  I would hope he would be offering to allow you to trailer it to a PPI......or at least to start the car.......

I spoke to a Victorian seller of a green 968 twelve mths ago who when I asked about getting a PPI told me that he, "refused to let some idiot poke around in his engine bay.  The car stops & starts mate, what else do you want?"  Sellers like this would not get my money.

Surely either the owner or serious prospective buyer could stump up for an unregistered vehicle permit for the day?

yep, view the car and if you like it go back with a permit to test drive it and then maybe PPI it...

They say you can get 400 km out of a 928 engine if it's treated correctly.   My concern would be 351 km...and a $20k bill to rebuild it.

Them's big km's, eyes wide open my man.  Why not buy a 200 km car....

Horses for courses, but remember ain't no such thing as a cheap 928.

It's advertised at $8500 but apparently she has a $13,500 offer! 

That makes no sense!!

From the ad it is quite hard to tell anything about the car, and if someone was to offer $5k more than the asking why is it not sold ?

Enough BS, this is giving me the sh1ts!! https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1985/SSE-AD-4445234/?Cr=0

It seems to be common practice now to bag aussie 928s with the "superior" euro ones. What utter BS!!

The only aussie model, that I can find wadding through all the BS out there, is that the 1985 model had 10:1 instead of 10.4:1 comp ratio, hardly making a difference!! The 86 is a different beast as it was only offered here and the US, it has the quad cam 5.0 litre motor. All the other pre 85 models had done was the removal of the advance vacuum line on the distributor to stop detonation at higher revs (easily re-connected by the way and does not really make much difference).

It seems these uniformed people are trying to ask silly money based on someone's belief and now it has spread to every UK one for sale asking stupid prices based on lies!!

Rant Over :)

I told her to take the offer and said thanks anyway...

I called up, very deceptive selling, the Mother and the son both very short on info, not keen on inspections, even a question asking if the engine even cranks was answered with stonewalling, then the son calls me and tries to start a Dutch auction, I told him I'm not interested.

By the way they are behaving I feel there is a blown or seized engine and they are playing dumb.

I called up, very deceptive selling, the Mother and the son both very short on info, not keen on inspections, even a question asking if the engine even cranks was answered with stonewalling, then the son calls me and tries to start a Dutch auction, I told him I'm not interested.

By the way they are behaving I feel there is a blown or seized engine and they are playing dumb.

dodgy as!! Steer well clear of that one!

One of the main problems with gumtree, shonky sellers, I am amazed ebay does not clean up the site....