Thinking of a "Singeresque 928"...looking at the exterior it's really quite hard to see what you'd actually change for the better!  

Find the "perfect" wheel & fitment, whatever that is, then what?  

They beg for an amazing quality retrim though.  If you trimmed one at Singer levels of style & quality it would be a magic car just at that!

Damn you @tazzieman !  I know I will get one sooner or later...

If you trimmed one at Singer levels of style & quality it would be a magic car just at that!

Paul Champagne has the trim thing covered already

Bolt ons from 928 Motorsports will get you all the shiny racer parts. 

Pulling it all apart for a glass out repaint and rewire will vacuum up those loose $1,000 bills.

Or just find the best GTS you can and it will be 1/10 the Singerprice Toys price.

Paul Champagne has the trim thing covered already

Bolt ons from 928 Motorsports will get you all the shiny racer parts. 

Pulling it all apart for a glass out repaint and rewire will vacuum up those loose $1,000 bills.

Or just find the best GTS you can and it will be 1/10 the Singerprice Toys price.

This seat looks nice

logo2.jpg

But the scrotum skin covered knob is not a feature i am seeking :blink:

OstrichBlackSpan.jpg

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1979/SSE-AD-4480207/?Cr=0
sitting for over 20 years on jack stands.....why would you do that!! :wacko: now wants $20k for it??

was thinking the same, those springs and shocks look stretched just nice...:(

but it does have Pasha!! which would have been the right look on the Gold coast in the 80's :ph34r:

This has been around for a while and has he same BS "description", I really wish these idiots would get their facts straight before spouting off!

"This car is for the real 928 enthusiast" - no a real 928 enthusiast knows what they are worth and how much BS he is spilling.....

That really is a shitty spiel about Australian delivered cars... :lol: 

I feel like writing to the dude, a REAL 928 is an S1 manual, and an S1 manual only... 

By that do you mean the first series (4.5 litre) or the first S series (4.7) which I suppose could be an "S1"?

I feel like writing too, to straighten out his BS.....

By that do you mean the first series (4.5 litre) or the first S series (4.7) which I suppose could be an "S1"?

I feel like writing too, to straighten out his BS.....

S1 = First series car... kinda confusing acronym isn't it! 

You should write to him and sort him out.

S1 = First series car... kinda confusing acronym isn't it! 

You should write to him and sort him out.

You know that is also the slowest one :P

Yeah but he is not the only one.... just hope no-one buys one of these import cars and pays way over what the local ones are based on this bogus advice! 85 was the only model "detuned" for aussie shores. Previous ones had the advance disconnected to stop pre-detonation (pinging) high up in the rev range, motors are the same otherwise and you can re-connect if you like. 82 model had 300 hp and a top speed of 245 km/h. If his previous aussie example was down on power then he should have fixed it!

Pre S models can be a bit Spartan versus the S and will feel a bit slower, but it is unfair to compare the 2 like that.