That one has little info about it and no interior shots, could be worth a look or more info at least....

I'm pretty sure the car I linked is the same as this one:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2008-shannons-melbourne-spring-classic-auction/RPA2P16ZWF273AFC/

Spoke with the owner who seems like a nice enough fella. Car has about 283,000 km, pretty excellent condition inside and out, hardly driven last 7 years, engine refurbished, hardly any km since then.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure the car I linked is the same as this one:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2008-shannons-melbourne-spring-classic-auction/RPA2P16ZWF273AFC/

Spoke with the owner who seems like a nice enough fella. Car has about 283,000 km, pretty excellent condition inside and out, hardly driven last 7 years, engine refurbished, hardly any km since then.

Thoughts?

Km not an issue if looked after and maintained. Hardly driven for last 7 years does worry me! These cars need to be driven often!

Mine had 3 odd years unused, I am now chasing my tail rectifying all that needs to be done, little things but they are adding up. If you do yourself fine, otherwise you could sink some $$$ into it quickly. Intake manifold refresh, vacuum lines, fuel lines, brake lines, anything rubber (timing belt?)/ etc would most likely need doing if little/ no use over that time.

I got mine really cheap and knew this going in, still it has surprised me with what needs doing, plus I am doing it all myself. For $37k you do not need/ want to be doing much at all.... not saying don't go for it, but eyes very much wide open! Once sorted or if it is, should see many happy km with regular maintenance :)

What does engine refurbished mean?

Edited by ANF

I was watching a show on Netflix last night called Shetland. Guy was driving a yellow S4 amongst some twisty roads and it looked quite nice. Cue to scene where it has crashed off a cliff and I exclaimed

'That's not the same car!'

My wife replied 'What?'

And I said 'The car that was driving was a 928S4, the car that crashed is a very early 928. You can see there are no spoilers on it' (they looked the same to her)

Next shot showed some interior of the crashed car 'Look! The steering wheel isn't even from an S4!'

Next shot showed the inside of the door 'Look! And it has Pasha interior, It's definitely a 78-79'

My wife 'How do you even know that sort of thing, you're weird. No one would ever pick that sort of thing up'

My wife says this to me all the time :P

Is the show any good, apart from the shocking misplaced 928s!

Actually it's pretty good. You get an investigation from beginning to end in 2 episodes. No 'will they or won't they' romance fluff, only enough personal stuff to get an affinity with the characters rather than that stuff taking over

Was looking for a good clean 928 S4, preferably late 80s, looks like that is advertised currently around the 35k mark. Not sure if this is value, I do recall there was a white 928 S4 that sold around mid 20s a couple of weeks back?

I suppose if the car is worth 35k I could swing it. 

Example: 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/cars-vans-utes/porsche-928s4-t-bar-auto-coupe-1989-5-lt-v8/1126375743

That car has been for sale for ages, normally it's been priced at $25,000! He was even selling it at one point with a Nissan 280ZX

This S4 is a bit of an oddity.... http://www.redlinemotorsports.com.au/view.php/all_stock/1987_Porsche_928_S4_Silver_4_Speed_Automatic_Coupe/12137530/

Bought new in the US and shipped out here a year later and converted, not used much for past 7 years. Could be a good one at the right price...

Intake looks like it needs a refresh and for me new wheels all round

This S4 is a bit of an oddity.... http://www.redlinemotorsports.com.au/view.php/all_stock/1987_Porsche_928_S4_Silver_4_Speed_Automatic_Coupe/12137530/

Bought new in the US and shipped out here a year later and converted, not used much for past 7 years. Could be a good one at the right price...

Intake looks like it needs a refresh and for me new wheels all round

Yeah, just what you'd want in your life a converted 928, what could go wrong...

Just got off the phone with him.  Tells me he has a 911 & a Dino & nine other cars of varying pedigree.  Car is advertised under the name James, he answered in a different name & when I asked to speak to James he said, "Yeah that's me, I just use my middle name a lot".  Sounds legit.

He says I can have a look maybe this week or next week.

1. Just got off the phone with him.  Tells me he has a 911 & a Dino & nine other cars of varying pedigree.  Car is advertised under the name James, he answered in a different name & when I asked to speak to James he said, "Yeah that's me, I just use my middle name a lot".  Sounds legit.

Good luck! Looks nice enough, switches in console and plate for t-bar look missing/ not complete but otherwise looks good.

Something not quite right in the passenger footwell, should have more room and a shelf there?

image-(26).jpg

Good luck! Looks nice enough, switches in console and plate for t-bar look missing/ not complete but otherwise looks good.

Something not quite right in the passenger footwell, should have more room and a shelf there?

image-(26).jpg

Well picked up Adam, I hadn't noticed.  Probably not a realistic consideration but I will have a look out of curiosity.  

Jason, that is where the relay/ fuse panel is, it has a cover over it already so not sure why that extra one would be there? I am curious too....

Would also mean your passengers would need shorter legs :P

Edited by ANF

Just got off the phone with him.  Tells me he has a 911 & a Dino & nine other cars of varying pedigree.  Car is advertised under the name James, he answered in a different name & when I asked to speak to James he said, "Yeah that's me, I just use my middle name a lot".  Sounds legit.

Photos look a bit like they're from 1981...might explain the "retrimmed interior"...

image-(26).jpg

The shelf is there and I think the footwell is normal, comparing to my black interior this morning,  perhaps the matt's folded up end helps deceive in the depth perception stakes.

Edited by KGB