I was watching a show on Netflix last night called Shetland. Guy was driving a yellow S4 amongst some twisty roads and it looked quite nice. Cue to scene where it has crashed off a cliff and I exclaimed

'That's not the same car!'

My wife replied 'What?'

And I said 'The car that was driving was a 928S4, the car that crashed is a very early 928. You can see there are no spoilers on it' (they looked the same to her)

Next shot showed some interior of the crashed car 'Look! The steering wheel isn't even from an S4!'

Next shot showed the inside of the door 'Look! And it has Pasha interior, It's definitely a 78-79'

My wife 'How do you even know that sort of thing, you're weird. No one would ever pick that sort of thing up'

If anyone is  curious, the title of this episode is "Dead Water", part 1.  Shetland looks like a great place to #getoutanddrive. In summer, that is.

Car looks ok http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1986/SSE-AD-4425966/?Cr=0 except for a few "issues"....

It is not an '86 model, most likely an '85. Has an S4 wing fitted while still having the S spoiler, words fail me! The speakers in the doors - WTF! Same said for rear "bumperettes"....

All could be fixed and a nice 928 saved :)

I do like the sports seats and would love them in my car!

Red S4 SE at CTS in Sydney is a very special and rare car - makes a GTS look common. Looks fantastic in the pics but they always do in that place, wonder what its like in the flesh. A very nice and desirable car that will be a collectors item  - before anyone yells UK import they were never sold here I believe. I would have thought that a SE of that quality (if its as good as it looks) represents a 25-30000 GBP car in the UK so do the math backwards from that. Roger Tyson the owner of 928sRus imported a red RHD SE from the UK into the USA, anyone interested in the SE should talk with him

New GTS that has popped up - top dollar but a beautiful car that looks to be schmick. Big money but a hell of a lot of car. 

Edited by Ozvino

It's an SE version but still pretty much the same I think... http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-928-1988/OAG-AD-14018812/?Cr=2

Correct were not sold here, SE was UK only, US and Continental Europe got the CS. Nice car, thought may be worth a bit more than that though, due to only 42 being made..... (only 19 CS!) .

The Derek Bell car that sold recently for $380k (I think) was a CS.

Edited by ANF

This guy keeps peddling his 928 S4 as something special because Maclaren International owned it (or it was serviced for) back in the UK, problem is Maclaren International is not McLaren F1 or McLaren Cars - spelt differently..... every new add sees a new price too, it may well be a good car, but I get the feeling people are staying away for it being a UK car, the questionable story or the price or a combination of all..... http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1988/SSE-AD-2439006/?Cr=0

Red S4 CS at CTS in Sydney is a very special and rare car - makes a GTS look common. Looks fantastic in the pics but they always do in that place, wonder what its like in the flesh. A very nice and desirable car that will be a collectors item  - before anyone yells UK import they were never sold here I believe. I would have thought that a CS of that quality (if its as good as it looks) represents a 25-30000 GBP car in the UK so do the math backwards from that. Roger Tyson the owner of 928sRus imported a red RHD CS from the UK into the USA, anyone interested in the CS should talk with him

New GTS that has popped up - top dollar but a beautiful car that looks to be schmick. Big money but a hell of a lot of car. 

The red SE has been shopped around a bit for some months.

The GTS - same year and colour as mine. It was at the first RSR garage Brighton cars and coffee I think. Was getting tidied up by nineauto. I do like the colour but I'm a bit biased 

This guy keeps peddling his 928 S4 as something special because Maclaren International owned it (or it was serviced for) back in the UK, problem is Maclaren International is not McLaren F1 or McLaren Cars - spelt differently..... every new add sees a new price too, it may well be a good car, but I get the feeling people are staying away for it being a UK car, the questionable story or the price or a combination of all..... http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1988/SSE-AD-2439006/?Cr=0

I looked at this a long time ago when it was almost half the current price. The price keeps changing up down up up up. He'd had some work done to it. Maybe more by now.

I didn't really have a hard look. I like the colour combo - same as my 930 inside and out so I couldn't help but go see it. 

Reminds me of George Costanza in Seinfeld buying John Voit's LeBaron

It's an SE version but still pretty much the same I think... http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-928-1988/OAG-AD-14018812/?Cr=2

Correct were not sold here, SE was UK only, US and Continental Europe got the CS. Nice car, thought may be worth a bit more than that though, due to only 42 being made..... (only 19 CS!) .

The Derek Bell car that sold recently for $380k (I think) was a CS.

Adam thanks for correcting me , sorry brain fade had my GT3 on my mind - meant to type SE

car worth keeping that's for sure - rocking horse shit of the 928 world 

The red SE has been shopped around a bit for some months.

The GTS - same year and colour as mine. It was at the first RSR garage Brighton cars and coffee I think. Was getting tidied up by nineauto. I do like the colour but I'm a bit biased 

I looked at this a long time ago when it was almost half the current price. The price keeps changing up down up up up. He'd had some work done to it. Maybe more by now.

I didn't really have a hard look. I like the colour combo - same as my 930 inside and out so I couldn't help but go see it. 

Luke your GTS is a ball tearer of a car - great colour combo and a manual GTS. I think that's why I liked that GTS so much , I remember it now from cars and coffee  seems to have polished up nicely. 

Regarding the Mclaren provenance- um yeah, high end company car at an F1 shop. That thing would have been driven at light speed, not sure I'd be making that a selling feature....

Edited by Ozvino

Maclaren make prams, not sports cars. That receipt is the delivery for a set of tyres from Micheldever, a well known UK tyre supplier (used them myself a few times) with the owners actual address on it, somehow I think people are seeing through his ascertion that it was owned by McLaren...

That red one at CTS is stunning, I'd almost consider trading my 911 for it. :ph34r:

That red one at CTS is stunning, I'd almost consider trading my 911 for it. :ph34r:

Have you seen it in the flesh?

I think a tyre-kicker or two on the forum might have checked this out in the past.

I did some sniffing around on this one 3 months ago but then grabbed my GTS.