981 Cayman/Boxster Market Watch / How many manual 981CS's were delivered (ANSWERED)

3 hours ago, kov said:

If it had black interior I’d have been all over it!!!
Good for us buyers to get realistic some sell price Intel 

And note the kms too - very low. 

Those trim pieces could've been switched pretty easily. 

Seems consistent with the 981 Boxster S which actually seems to sell around $80k with average kms. 

For those considering a 981 this is worth a watch. 

This has been the case through the 986-987-981-982 model range they are basically a mid engined variant of the 911! 

I have always laughed to myself when I have heard the term "Boxster/Cayman... poor mans Porsche" nope I have always considered it the SMART mans Porsche! (if you understand how they were engineered) 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, kov said:

Rare manual S up for sale, if it was local I would be all over it!!

I would anticipate it sells in days, great options and low KMS

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-porsche-cayman-s-981-manual/SSE-AD-15736413?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-15736413

I tried to buy that car when it was on collecting cars in August 2021, I was the highest bidder but my card rejected the transaction from the UK (where collecting cars are based) 🤦‍♂️ 

It's a nice car and should sell quickly as I've only seen 1 manual listed since but it I recall seeing evidence of a possible repair to the LH door area. Here's a link to the auction with more photos https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2013-porsche-981-cayman-s-2

Why are the EU governments so hell bent on electric vehicles? 

Even doing the most basic of research proves they're not that brilliant for the environment, but let's make up some other bullshit about cyber security to make sure car manufacturers tow the line to fit our global warming agenda.

What a crock of shit.

F..k I hate politicians.

i look at it from the following view point the 3rd Industrial Revolution was in 1969, the 4th Industrial Revolution ocurred in 2000.

We are now well and truly ripe for the sequence of the 5th Industrial Revolution and this one may far outweigh the previous 4, it may actually have the largest impact on humanity.

From Electric Vehicles, Clean Energy Supply, Digital Currencies, Digital ID’s, New Age Banking, Cashless Societies etc etc the changes are all coming.

all industrial revolutions have had their positive impacts but it has taken extensive time for humanity to realise the benefits.

As difficult as EV’s maybe to embrace right now for most of us, the change is well and truly on and EU governments are somewhat taking a stand when it comes to the automobile.

2025 Porsche Boxster 983 EV

• 3 weeks later...

Dragging up an old subject but 981 interest still seems reasonably high, seemingly like resale values !

I’ve read the whole thread and pricing hasn’t fallen significantly from back on page 1 but I’ve driven a new 718 so can understand the aural dissatisfaction. 

I was contemplating getting one of the last ones but have now pivoted and going down the 981 route. Slim pickings on exactly what I’d like but I guess it’s not easy when the cars are 9 to 12 years old. 

Are carsales.com.au pricing. Anyone want to comment on what is a reasonable range for Base and S Boxsters in today’s environment ?  Thanks in advance. 

Hi Miffy, we upgraded to the 718 from the 987 last year and fortunately found a very low milage (12k) example with a heap of extras fitted, over $28,000 at new price. Have continued to watch the market and there is not very much turnover, but asking prices have remained the same for at least 18 months.

Added extras don't seem to reflect in the second hand price which is a significant bonus for those buying used.

Was initially concerned about the perception of feel and sound, but can only say we are thrilled with our car which has both the sports exhaust and chrono options. The gutteral sound this thing makes soon resolves any concerns and even though it is the 2.0 it has plenty of poke and pull and for road use we can easily keep up with our local Porsche club drives.

Haven't driven the "S" but they don't seem to comand a significant premium over the base model from what I can see.

We purchased from Duttons Melbourne and negotiated a $4K discount and new tyres from the asking price, If you are after a low mileage 718 example I would expect between $105~120K, but bear in mind what I said about the options it is fitted with (chrono and sports exhaust are a must).

Look at the specs for the 981 vs 718 (both non "S):-

Power      195Kw vs 220Kw

Torque    280Nm vs 380Nm

The 981S for comparison is:-

Power   232Kw

Torque   360Nm

On 15/04/2024 at 22:19, Miffy said:

Are carsales.com.au pricing. Anyone want to comment on what is a reasonable range for Base and S Boxsters in today’s environment ?  Thanks in advance. 

Many of them have been listed for ages. = overpriced. When they are well priced they can sell in a couple of days. 

There was a Porsche approved Boxster S (pdk) that seems to have sold recently around $85k. IMO the porsche warranty definitely counts for something towards that figure. 

For a base model perhaps $75k is realistic for a well sorted example assuming average kms. 

Given the type of car (weekender), it looks like many have pretty low kms, but that doesn't seem to help as much as it would for a 911 coupe. Presumably there is less collector interest in this model, as seems to be the case for 911 convertibles too. 

The sports exhaust can be retrofit as can the sports mode button. With the latter you don't get the chrono dashboard thing but you do get the other functionality of the sports mode. 

It's only a matter of time until people are switching from the EV models to 718 for aural reasons.