981 Cayman/Boxster Market Watch / How many manual 981CS's were delivered (ANSWERED)

12 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

It is interesting that the seller of this GTS was the seller of the white manual deceased estate GTS a few months back, he had the Alpina B3 too.

Check out this 2016 Porsche Cayman GTS 981 Auto MY16.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-cayman-gts-981-auto-my16/SSE-AD-16204941

I talked to him about that white manual of his father’s, back then when it was for sale, and he told me about this red car, which was his own, and sent some photos. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

Fantastic thread and enjoyed reading from the very start!  

As an alternative to searching for another 996/997 I really love everything about the 981 Cayman. 
Hoping  current or ex owners can share their experiences as I’m unsure which way to go!

Over the holidays I’ll try and find a local dealer to have a look and drive.

My budget is 100k max

So if you were in my shoes would you for example go with PDK S or Manual non S? 

I’m not going to be fussy with options or colours apart from not wanting another black Porsche!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-porsche-cayman-981-manual/SSE-AD-14958687/?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-14958687

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-porsche-cayman-s-981-auto/OAG-AD-22630849/?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-22630849

Any input would be really appreciated!

You've asked in part, the main question you need to answer yourself Kov, man or auto? Because the answer to that decision is ultimately black n white and your max budget is also black n white, once you decide the man vs auto question the S vs non S isn't a factor (unless you are very patient and pinch an S that suits within your budget). The rest is just buy the best example. Anyways, either type will be happy endless fun motoring!

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I would only buy a manual after owing a 987S manual which was a very engaging car to drive and then having a decent drive of a 987S PDK which did nothing for me. The challenge will be finding a 981S manual as I've only ever seen a couple for sale.

59 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I would only buy a manual after owing a 987S manual which was a very engaging car to drive and then having a decent drive of a 987S PDK which did nothing for me. The challenge will be finding a 981S manual as I've only ever seen a couple for sale.

That’s fair enough mate, so weird new buyers opt for PDK and used car buyers want manual!

There were only 16 manual 981S brought in so rare as hens teeth and pricey!

ive read about it before but confused my self now! If a private seller has extended warranty, that can definitely be transferred to another private buyer?

14 minutes ago, kov said:

That’s fair enough mate, so weird new buyers opt for PDK and used car buyers want manual!

ive read about it before but confused my self now! If a private seller has extended warranty, that can definitely be transferred to another private buyer?

Yes correct on the 16 manuals and the extended warranty. My 987S was still under the factory warranty. 

I would go manual, I had one of the 16 manual 981 S, 100% drivers car. I only sold it to build my hotrod aircooled 911 which delivers even more feedback at a lower speed. Do not overlook a base model 981 Cayman manual because it will deliver the goods too at a saner level, there is a lot to be said about being able to use more of the cars potential in public space, there would be very few times the extra poke an S has would be needed.

1 hour ago, Bugs77 said:

I would go manual, I had one of the 16 manual 981 S, 100% drivers car. I only sold it to build my hotrod aircooled 911 which delivers even more feedback at a lower speed. Do not overlook a base model 981 Cayman manual because it will deliver the goods too at a saner level, there is a lot to be said about being able to use more of the cars potential in public space, there would be very few times the extra poke an S has would be needed.

IMG_2613.jpeg

On 21/12/2023 at 14:39, kov said:

Hi Kov - we've got the yellow 981 S manual at the moment (was passed in at CC earlier this year).  All the details are in the ad on carsales but if you'd like to chat, feel free to flick me a message.  As others have said, the manual v auto is probably the biggest decision and the extra poke of the S will only be of use in some circumstances....I'm more of a 'base spec' guy however plenty plump for the S with the extra engine and fruit.

3 hours ago, Bugs77 said:

Legend mate, much appreciate the feedback and yes in our nanny states it’s pretty difficult to explore any Porsche to its limits.

I’ll do some further reviews on the base manual. 
The only manual machine listed on CS is in a colour I like and has extended warranty. 

3 hours ago, Summon said:

Hi Kov - we've got the yellow 981 S manual at the moment (was passed in at CC earlier this year).  All the details are in the ad on carsales but if you'd like to chat, feel free to flick me a message.  As others have said, the manual v auto is probably the biggest decision and the extra poke of the S will only be of use in some circumstances....I'm more of a 'base spec' guy however plenty plump for the S with the extra engine and fruit.

Thanks mate, wish I was but I’m not a convertible guy so a Boxster isn’t a consideration. They really a great bang for buck!

I've wanted to ask this for ages, so...

Why do buyers ask how many of a particular model were delivered here? 

Is it to see if they're going to have trouble finding one? For the 'future value' so they can justify their purchase and future sale? Or am I missing something here? 🤔