981 Cayman/Boxster Market Watch / How many manual 981CS's were delivered (ANSWERED)

On 23/12/2023 at 14:27, Troubleshooter said:

Well I asked as I've browsed in the back of my mind for ages, on my sorta maybes one day possibly list of cars, maybe getting a man 981S Boxster. Reading here the numbers of man Caymans (S) being hard to find it interested me enough to find out if the same in a Coxster was as thin on the ground. Just out of interest ...

On 29/12/2023 at 08:00, kov said:

This popped up at lorbek yesterday, I may go take it for a test drive, Interested to see how a 2.7 drives compared  to my old manual 997.

I was looking for a 981 Boxster or Cayman since about June, manual was the only non-negotiable factor, and they aren't exactly thick on the ground.  We ended up getting a manual 981BS with 65k km for $90k, and we were pretty happy at that price given how few are available, and the one we got had PSE and full leather interior.  I didn't care whether I got an S or base, but we ended up getting the S just because that was the best available.  The photos online weren't great (the interior in particular wasn't well represented), but it looked good in person and the general condition was excellent.

In the end, I was happy to pay that price, I'm not planning on selling it for many years, and I don't buy cars for what they will be worth in the future.  Having said that, I do think 981's will age well, but that's a subjective opinion, and if they don't - oh well, I'll still have had a blast owning it.

• 1 month later...

A dealer has picked up this black cayman to flip it? Is that not mad in this market?

Any idea what would they would realistically have had to pay for it to make a profit?
Being it’s not a mainstream car everyone looking for one of these will know it’s a quick flip?

IMG_1469.png

IMG_1468.png

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Might be on consignment? Owner wants $100k … 10% for dealer, listing there at $110k?

Of course consignment. I just figured as the private seller changed it to sold not on hold its actually sold 😂 

I like it but it’s got to be somewhere in the  90’s 🤣

1 hour ago, kov said:

Of course consignment. I just figured as the private seller changed it to sold not on hold its actually sold 😂 

I like it but it’s got to be somewhere in the  90’s 🤣

Yeah at that price something like this is an option https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-718-cayman-s-982-auto-my17/SSE-AD-15624890

55 minutes ago, t888 said:

Yeah at that price something like this is an option https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-718-cayman-s-982-auto-my17/SSE-AD-15624890

40k before first oil change, 6k on second and 25k for third.

That's 3 services over 73000 kilometers😲. Surely a mistake, but even so, that would put me off.

1 hour ago, t888 said:

718 isn’t a consideration for me, naturally aspirated all the way! 

35 minutes ago, sjm said:

Surely old mate has had someone service it even oil and filter change?!

15 hours ago, kov said:

718 isn’t a consideration for me, naturally aspirated all the way! 

Surely old mate has had someone service it even oil and filter change?!

Sometimes these are lease cars and future owners aren’t worried about!

9 hours ago, JWM said:

Maybe just a dealer that actually wants to sell a car, not have it sit on Carsales for 12 months with all the other ones?

Exactly what I was thinking.... they actually just want to sell it! As we have all seen the market is now trending down internationally after the covid spike.

This car is a closer indication of where the market actually was prior/early days of  covid for this model. With that said anyone who knows these cars and what a good package they offer will understand what a bargain this is.

This is the model that has the 9a1 out of the 911 Carrerra in a better spot (i.e. mid) and at a fraction of the price.... whats not to like 😀 

25 minutes ago, sleazius said:

That white will be reflected in the windscreen and drive you crazy in summer.

Agree, That would have to go and a super easy thing to change out.

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

yeah, it's still an option - believe it's the leather pack 🤮

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-718-boxster-s-982-auto-my17/OAG-AD-22943590/?Cr=7

Sort of! you know porsche they are an option selling company and just make the cars as a platform to sell over priced options!

You can option full leather interior which this is not! The S on the 981 gave you leather touch points on the door trims (Not the whole door trim) and you can specify the colour. The leather top piece above the instrument cluster is an option that can be added to the non leather dash! 

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

12 minutes ago, kov said:

If it had black interior I’d have been all over it!!!
Good for us buyers to get realistic some sell price Intel 

You should call the dealer with that black one you like and update him on the market 😉