981 Cayman/Boxster Market Watch / How many manual 981CS's were delivered (ANSWERED)

15 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

New one on the market at a a top price.

Check out this 2016 Porsche Cayman GTS 981 Manual MY16.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-cayman-gts-981-manual-my16/SSE-AD-15032415

Looks really nice, I’d be quite happy in that.

Price is still a bit close to what GT4s actually sell (as opposed to where they sit on Carsales) for though in my mind? Maybe $150-160k would be a solid price? Quite a desirable combo though maybe it will get the asking. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/05/2023 at 17:10, JWM said:

Looks really nice, I’d be quite happy in that.

Price is still a bit close to what GT4s actually sell (as opposed to where they sit on Carsales) for though in my mind? Maybe $150-160k would be a solid price? Quite a desirable combo though maybe it will get the asking. 

So what do GT4s actually sell for, just so I know as I wouldn't mind getting one?

1 hour ago, Bugs77 said:

So what do GT4s actually sell for, just so I know as I wouldn't mind getting one?

The last one I actually saw disappear from Carsales was after it dropped to a $179k asking price. I don’t have the listing saved anymore but I do think it had a few more k’s than average. 

3 hours ago, Bugs77 said:

180-220 for a 981. 210-240 for 718. But who knows all data hey.

Either gt4 or gt4 with clubsport spec , Low kms or high kms, desirable colour or not- typical of any other model. 

981 is the pic for driver feel. 718 for sure has benefits but many hold 981 high. 

Right, so comments mirror what Carsales has there and just a matter of seeing how keen the seller is within reason. Probably one of the better areas to buy one of the more desirable Porsche's at close to what it's worth as opposed to air cooled at this moment. 

On 18/05/2023 at 21:01, JWM said:

Does anyone know how many 981 Spyder’s were delivered? They were all manual and had carbon buckets right?

All manual yes, not certain on the seats, I think there was an option of the folding buckets or sport seats. According to an owner there were 25 delivered to Aus, typically trading (or at least listed) below GT4's. but selling faster (maybe all the GT4 sellers are dreaming). 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, CoSo said:

Rare 981 Cayman GTS in manual has come up:

Check out this 2016 Porsche Cayman GTS 981 Manual MY16.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-cayman-gts-981-manual-my16/SSE-AD-15032415

Dumb question, but with GT4 prices coming down wouldn't it be better to try and negotiate on one of those?

3 hours ago, JLD said:

Dumb question, but with GT4 prices coming down wouldn't it be better to try and negotiate on one of those?

I would agree from a car per dollar perspective the GT4 for just a bit more is an attractive proposition. However there's something to be said for the more understated, more comfortable, more dailyable GTS which is still potent in its own right. If it's true there's only 10 981 manual Cayman GTS out there I think it will continue to command a premium to the other GTSs, but I do think they are all sitting high in my opinion. Personally, I probably wouldn't track a GT4 so it would be wasted on me. 

I have been watching the GT4 market closely for a few years and they don't seem to have come down in price, there was a couple of cars with higher km's in the $160,000 to $180,000 range but I haven't seen one for a while now so in respect to the asking on this GTS it's probably relative to what GT4's are currently listed for.

1 hour ago, Yellowbird said:

I have been watching the GT4 market closely for a few years and they don't seem to have come down in price, there was a couple of cars with higher km's in the $160,000 to $180,000 range but I haven't seen one for a while now so in respect to the asking on this GTS it's probably relative to what GT4's are currently listed for.

Red one just disappeared from here (northern Tassie) and appears to have resurfaced in Melb.  No idea if it was on Carsales or what, as I've been o/seas and couldn't hear anything on our local grapevine.  Being replaced with a 4RS I believe.  Hopefully catching up with a mate in next couple of days who can fill me in, I'd also be interested in $ value.

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Red one just disappeared from here (northern Tassie) and appears to have resurfaced in Melb.  No idea if it was on Carsales or what, as I've been o/seas and couldn't hear anything on our local grapevine.  Being replaced with a 4RS I believe.  Hopefully catching up with a mate in next couple of days who can fill me in, I'd also be interested in $ value.

I did see a post of a red one with Tassie plates in Healesville 

8 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

That was the pick of them on Carsales. Guards red, buckets, extended warranty …

• 3 months later...