TE911

Hi Guys,

Haven't posted on the forum for awhile but thought id share this on here, If you didn't already see what happened on my Instagram @TE986  :(

Im fine but wish i could say the same about the Cayman S...
Long story short the older lady that hit me wasn't paying attention didn't see me in the intersection and drove straight into me... tried her luck trying to say i was speeding but after several witnesses had spoken to the police saying i was in the right, she admitted to it all.

I hope its repairable but have a bad feeling it isn't :'(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least it is still 'matching numbers' and Australian delivered!

looks repairable but depends on how much lateral movement went through the front end. :(

I couldn't get a good enough look after the accident. But ive been told but both the police and panel beaters that when ever the airbags go off its most likely a write off :( fingers crossed though 

That is nasty mate sorry to hear. I have seen heaps of cars with airbags going off getting repaired. I wouldn't be worried about that. At least from that pic, it looks like to roof hasn't buckled at all (sure sign of write off), I think it would be repairable.

Thanks for the kind words, im fine. Just annoyed that I might potentially loose my car because of someone elses stupidity. 

That Subaru is 100% a write off, thats what it gets for hitting a german car.

Good luck with your insurer and stay right on top of them. Remember that their job is to not, or delay, payouts. 

Im actually going to pop into the panel shop tomorrow to see whats happening. 

That is nasty mate sorry to hear. I have seen heaps of cars with airbags going off getting repaired. I wouldn't be worried about that. At least from that pic, it looks like to roof hasn't buckled at all (sure sign of write off), I think it would be repairable.

I thought the same Jeff but the panel shop said otherwise because they need to replace the whole dash apparently. Otherwise is home built willing to take on the repairs... :D

Thank goodness your ok.

I had a woman roll back into me at the lights. Just happened a cop car turned up as we got out of our cars. She was all emotional carrying on how I "slammed" into her with my big fat 4WD to the police.

I said are "you sure that's what you want to say" as I pointed to my dashcam. Shut that lying cow right up. I was given the dashcam, but after that I wouldn't be without one these days. 

Later the copper said I should have let he make a statement, then produce the footage and he would have changed her for making a false statement.

Personally I wouldn't want the car back, it did its job and looked after you. They are never the same after a hit like that.

All the best and hope your back on the road soon.

@Fraz This is almost identical to my accident police were literally 4 cars behind her. She tried making things up acting like the victim saying i was speeding this and that. I didn't have a dashcam but thankfully i had plenty of witnesses on my side. 

I said the same thing after the accident, It wont be the same after... but after looking at the market there's only 6 manual Cayman S' for sale and none of then are as clean or well optioned as mine. 

Guess ill see what happens and go from there. 

I thought the same Jeff but the panel shop said otherwise because they need to replace the whole dash apparently. Otherwise is home built willing to take on the repairs... :D

Even with replacing the dash, the car is worth somewhere in the $60k range, You need a lot of repairs to add up to that sort of number to warrant writing it off. I think the insurance company is in for a big bill either way ;) 

Even with replacing the dash, the car is worth somewhere in the $60k range, You need a lot of repairs to add up to that sort of number to warrant writing it off. I think the insurance company is in for a big bill either way ;) 

We had our '08 Cayenne written off due to water damage. There wasn't  $40k worth of damage but it was written off due to the repairer not wanting to guarantee the repair as something might "pop up" later on and they would have been obligated to repair it under the lifetime guarantee on repairs.

I'm certainly not saying that water damage and a fender bender are the same, but it's not always the damage the eye can see that can push it over the edge .....

That's really bad news, but as others have said you are ok and in the end that's really all that counts.   But I share your pain at losing the Cayman.  

Hopefully no insurance battles and all comes out as well as it can.

bugger........

Looks like you were lucky mate, at least the front of the car got hit and not your door! :o 

Looking forward to seeing the pics when the new purchase arrives. :)

Firstly glad to hear that you are ok bar the emotional rollercoaster that comes with an accident.

I hope this does not seem cold and is taken well but i am thinking of selling my cayman, its a 2006 S in the same colour. See how things pan out with yours as it may well be repairable if not and you want to get back into the same kinda pony contact me and we can do the dance etc.  Good luck.

Firstly glad to hear that you are ok bar the emotional rollercoaster that comes with an accident.

I hope this does not seem cold and is taken well but i am thinking of selling my cayman, its a 2006 S in the same colour. See how things pan out with yours as it may well be repairable if not and you want to get back into the same kinda pony contact me and we can do the dance etc.  Good luck.

I once replaced a wrecked car with the exact same model, colour etc.   It never felt as good as the original...just sayin'.

Archived