Given the potential numbers, I'm actually looking to try and add a level of organisation in terms of grouping. I'm going to start creating groups of 6-8 cars and will be posting this with a start time just to ensure we can get everyone moving early and hopefully avoid congestion throughout the twisty bits. 

The order of the groups will be determined on experienced SMT takers through to the first timers. The main aim to be keeping sufficient gaps between cars and also keep others from getting lost along the way. 

At the end of the day is just about getting out in the cars but I would like to make an effort in keeping everyone moving. :)

Given the potential numbers, I'm actually looking to try and add a level of organisation in terms of grouping. I'm going to start creating groups of 6-8 cars and will be posting this with a start time just to ensure we can get everyone moving early and hopefully avoid congestion throughout the twisty bits. 

The order of the groups will be determined on experienced SMT takers through to the first timers. The main aim to be keeping sufficient gaps between cars and also keep others from getting lost along the way. 

At the end of the day is just about getting out in the cars but I would like to make an effort in keeping everyone moving. :)

I need to be in group 1 as I'm such a gun driver.

Yes, go for it Hugh, the conga line of cars back in April when we had 50 cars was over a kilometre long I reckon.... I pitied the poor locals who had to wait 5mins just to turn onto the road while a km of Porsches went past...!!

btw, as long as I'm in front of pork chops I'm ok too!! :P

Yes, go for it Hugh, the conga line of cars back in April when we had 50 cars was over a kilometre long I reckon.... I pitied the poor locals who had to wait 5mins just to turn onto the road while a km of Porsches went past...!!

btw, as long as I'm in front of pork chops I'm ok too!! :P

I was in group 1 on the last SMT and did not realise that there was a big group of cars behind.  If I recall we did release in groups as well that day so they must have caught up to each other at some of the early T intersections.  Hugh you may need to release groups at 5 - 10 min intervals.  I hope all the snow has cleared in 7 days