Does pinball count as gaming?

9er

Nice pins!

You know how you feel when someone posts a photo of the particular type of p-car that gets you going? The dry mouth, the hunger, the gotta have it now? Yeah, that's me with pinball, all of it. I honestly have a serious problem. Porsche is a far cheaper affliction.

I've removed myself from the local scenes cause I just can't stop buying the bloody things. It's like Pokemon at this point.

Head over to the Aussie Arcade forum if you want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

@WOKA is another man bitten by the pinball and arcade bug on this forum, I'm sure he's got a photo or two lying around. I'd link some of mine but they're all on photobucket which has recently gone pay to play.

Ha..  Slezius, you have one of the best collections in the country.!

Good to see @9er.!  A Tommy with its original topper is a rare thing indeed.!

Pinball IS gaming, every ball is wild and every game is different.  There are leagues and championships all over Australia and the world - the leagues and competition are growing all the time, the resurgence is huge.  

I've got a few here at my 'PFA browsing' location, I've got other's stashed away and a few on site earning me a few rubles..  I can't keep them all at the new house unfortunately.  Got another one arriving tomorrow - one I've been looking for for quite a few years - Attack From Mars.

685KpGc.jpg

Not pinball related, but this is a grail :)

OUg7U5n.jpg

Now if anyone has any old machines collecting dust in their garages, please let me know, no matter the logistics involved.! 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, WOKA said:

Meanwhile I'm sitting here lamenting the sale of one of my babies :(  It'll be gone by the time anyone reads this..

Sad day, beer and a tissue please...

xm8vFcB.jpg

Boo - did we break it? :Chuckle2:

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Why sell if it makes you sad?  

You never want to sell anything, but pins are huge - hence the need for buckets of space, and that can put pressure on you if you want to buy a new toy.

Our homes often end up overflowing with the bloody things - I've got 8 garages and a 280sqm barn, and only two cars are parked in either, guess what takes up the rest of the space?

Here's a small part of my 'problem'.

barn2018.thumb.jpg.d59654b3faf2d7d23413992ad2652367.jpg

On 26/08/2017 at 14:55, grantmr said:

Yep, I played a few tables at Netherworld last night. Also got the high score on Gyruss but only because no one else had been playing it...

NQSAiy3.jpg

I loved his game in the early eighties.  I won't brag & reveal that I was almost semi- professional at playing it.

21 hours ago, sleazius said:

You never want to sell anything, but pins are huge - hence the need for buckets of space, and that can put pressure on you if you want to buy a new toy.

Our homes often end up overflowing with the bloody things - I've got 8 garages and a 280sqm barn, and only two cars are parked in either, guess what takes up the rest of the space?

Holy Fuck...

From those in the know @WOKA @sleazius what would a table top GYRUSS machine cost these days?

22 hours ago, sleazius said:

Let's have a pinnie party at your house.

On 31/08/2019 at 13:31, TINGY996 said:

Let's have a pinnie party at your house.

That is doable if there is interest. Otherwise my next 'open house' meet is in August 2020.

On 31/08/2019 at 12:50, Jason E said:

I loved his game in the early eighties.  I won't brag & reveal that I was almost semi- professional at playing it.

Holy Fuck...

From those in the know @WOKA @sleazius what would a table top GYRUSS machine cost these days?

Depends if you want an original board set or an emulated one. Here is a brand new 60 in 1 that has gyruss on it.

https://www.amdcoinop.com/cocktail-table .... $1600, and AMD are reputable, a lot of other places aren't.

However @WOKA is better on the arcade front than me. Best to get his opinion.

15 minutes ago, sleazius said:

That is doable if there is interest. Otherwise my next 'open house' meet is in August 2020.

Depends if you want an original board set or an emulated one. Here is a brand new 60 in 1 that has gyruss on it.

https://www.amdcoinop.com/cocktail-table .... $1600, and AMD are reputable, a lot of other places aren't.

However @WOKA is better on the arcade front than me. Best to get his opinion.

cheers for this, I will hit @woka up when I see him.