996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, D2000 said:

This one looks the goods. Remember it being on the market maybe six months ago with the same photos. Not sure why it didn’t sell then

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-3597925

Agreed looks really good and very well priced given IMS and clutch done.  Chinese owner with that rego plate?????

10 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Agreed looks really good and very well priced given IMS and clutch done.  Chinese owner with that rego plate?????

Don't you get a sticker in the service book and on car for recording of ims being done?

This one looks the goods. Remember it being on the market maybe six months ago with the same photos. Not sure why it didn’t sell then
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-3597925

I’ve contacted the seller by sms, no response, there are a LOT of inconsistencies in that ad:
- sept 2016 rego expiry
- 2002 MY03 but VicRoads has it as a 2001
- last service 2015
- mileage at last service higher than listed in the advert (+400kms).

Just all seems odd. It could be an old advert so why sell 2 years later? What’s the crack with the service history??

If everything stacked up I’d probably buy it as I rather like the colour but there are a few alarm bells.

17 minutes ago, iluvbrownale said:

I’ve contacted the seller by sms, no response, there are a LOT of inconsistencies in that ad:
- sept 2016 rego expiry
- 2002 MY03 but VicRoads has it as a 2001
- last service 2015
- mileage at last service higher than listed in the advert (+400kms).

Just all seems odd. It could be an old advert so why sell 2 years later? What’s the crack with the service history??

If everything stacked up I’d probably buy it as I rather like the colour but there are a few alarm bells.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad / sad news but did any of you see where it asks in the description "Previously Written Off" the answer is "YES"

Maybe that's what's wrong with it?? ... :Chuckle2:

9 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad / sad news but did any of you see where it asks in the description "Previously Written Off" the answer is "YES"

?????????

Bargain!!!

11 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Funny how they don't mention that in the advert apart from that it looks ok

45 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

That was my vague memory of what was wrong with it but didn’t want to say it unless I was sure. Glad that cleared it up!

That car was for sale over two years ago when I was looking..  Same add, same pics, same price.  

Same hard to get hold of seller, who when I did finally talk to didn't disclose the previously written off issue.

21 hours ago, 356993??? said:

I asked him the same...yes only a cab, in manual, Oz delivered.

One come up on carsales today 4wd 94000km's looks tidy full porsche dealer history.

Anyone on here buy the 996 from Autohaus manual coupe? It was on CS today seems to have sold within the day

I enquired on it today and they were going to send me some pics on Monday. It was off to get the rear bar painted. Can’t say they knew much about at at this stage. Just sent an sms asking.

If it’s gone then I give up. There’s either too much over priced shite with dreamer owners out there or too hard to get a good one. I’ve already bought an old MBZ Cabriolet to keep me interested and at this rate I’ll end up getting a 560SEC and be done with it!

I enquired on it today and they were going to send me some pics on Monday. It was off to get the rear bar painted. Can’t say they knew much about at at this stage. Just sent an sms asking.

If it’s gone then I give up. There’s either too much over priced shite with dreamer owners out there or too hard to get a good one. I’ve already bought an old MBZ Cabriolet to keep me interested and at this rate I’ll end up getting a 560SEC and be done with it!

Advert taken down pending pictures etc.

10 minutes ago, iluvbrownale said:

Advert taken down pending pictures etc.

I noticed it on  the Autohaus website and CS it doesn't seem to be on either now seems strange to put it up then take it down again, but like you said it might need work doing on it.Noticed one come up on Richmonds (Adelaide) website but like most at the moment the price is right at the top end.

15 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Noticed one come up on Richmonds (Adelaide) website but like most at the moment the price is right at the top end.

It would probably be a 'good' price if it was X51 optioned....nonetheless it's a great colour combo and optioned well

21 minutes ago, 356993??? said:

It would probably be a 'good' price if it was X51 optioned....nonetheless it's a great colour combo and optioned well

I agree it does look good in that colour 

54 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Boom: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/OAG-AD-15866853

seal grey is super rare for 996.1. I had thought it was only for 2001 year 996.1 but seems also 2000

Wow seal grey does look great on the .1 with the sport design wheels. These pictures highlight how high stock 996's ride...this one's begging to be dropped an inch or so.

4 hours ago, DT said:

Wow seal grey does look great on the .1 with the sport design wheels. These pictures highlight how high stock 996's ride...this one's begging to be dropped an inch or so.

Looks the goods.  Agree re Seal Grey, that's why both our cars are that colour :P  Don't necessarily agree about ride height though, I'm quite happy with standard on both cars...