996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

2 minutes ago, disco said:

I’d chance that being a warranty job in 2006 that they would have just fitted one of the last batch of 3.6’s. So maybe an ‘05 block?🤔

cheers,

Dave.

If your hunch is correct, that would make it a 997 version. That would be 325hp vs originally 320hp ... The mystery continues! .. 

I sent PCP an email and they will get send a photo through on Monday. 

I have asked for as many receipts as possible and they can print back 10 years apparently. 

I assume they will provide documentation of the engine warranty job? Does the engine number need to match the chassis or vin? Not sure how this all works. 

2 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

If your hunch is correct, that would make it a 997 version. That would be 325hp vs originally 320hp ... The mystery continues! .. 

Haha now we play the waiting game! 

27 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

I sent PCP an email and they will get send a photo through on Monday. 

I have asked for as many receipts as possible and they can print back 10 years apparently. 

I assume they will provide documentation of the engine warranty job? Does the engine number need to match the chassis or vin? Not sure how this all works. 

Haha now we play the waiting game! 

Hi mate,

The eng number doesn’t match the VIN, so technically not matching numbers in the traditional sense. However you can check if you have the original factory day 1 motor by verifying your build data with Porsche. They can issue a report with your spec and original eng number.

A good clue is that the first 8 characters match the engine code on your frunk/log book sticker. 

So being a 2003, your eng code will start with m96/03663 with the last 3 signifying build year.

Cheers,

Dave.

@Naldz88 most important invoice or service documentation is whatever covered the engine swap.  Might not be available as it’s back more than 10 years ago.  PCA might be able to issue a confirmation of the warranty exchange engine.  When and if you sell you’ll be quizzed on the engine number differing from original.

I looked at a C4S that also had an engine swap and apparently it (and all others exchanged under warranty) had a later (997) IMS.  Which makes perfect sense.  

14 minutes ago, KGB said:

@Naldz88 most important invoice or service documentation is whatever covered the engine swap.  Might not be available as it’s back more than 10 years ago.  PCA might be able to issue a confirmation of the warranty exchange engine.  When and if you sell you’ll be quizzed on the engine number differing from original.

I looked at a C4S that also had an engine swap and apparently it (and all others exchanged under warranty) had a later (997) IMS.  Which makes perfect sense.  

Agree this is important, at very least get something on PCP letterhead stating it was a warranty replacement engine. This will hold up without having to explain the past.

cheers,

Dave.

15 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

While the iron is hot, could anyone recommend the best option for an insurance provider.

You really need to ring around as your premium will be calculated based on your particular circumstances ... and believe me that it can differ by a ton of money based on the same information!

The above link that @luzzo posted is a good resource.

The usual suspects to try are ... Shannons, Ryno, Enthusiast, Lumleys and some say Porsche Insurance.

There are others but one of the mainstream ones I tried had a top valuation of $53k ... a lot of them clearly don't understand the market of the high end / collector / enthusiast market ..

4 hours ago, Naldz88 said:

Thanks @luzzo and @Dreamr I’ll have a ring around. 

You should be good, your location and profession lull insurers into a warm and fuzzy low risk romantic state.

My bro-in law, same profession, always waffles on about how cheap his insurance is...because he’s such a low risk. 🤡

3 hours ago, disco said:

Well spotted ... it was on hold.

Seems the finance fell through as the seller writes in the advert, so back on the market it goes ... 😪

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

Well spotted ... it was on hold.

Seems the finance fell through as the seller writes in the advert, so back on the market it goes ... 😪

Instead of wasting the sellers time and potentially losing a sale from someone else, why the .... don't people get their finance approved  BEFORE looking at buying a car? 

It happens so many times when the bank or the 'minister of finance' who holds their balls in her purse say no. 

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Instead of wasting the sellers time and potentially losing a sale from someone else, why the .... don't people get their finance approved  BEFORE looking at buying a car? 

It happens so many times when the bank or the 'minister of finance' who holds their balls in her purse say no. 

Well that would only be logical! 

It would be pretty frustrating for a seller.😡

I once sold a car where this young fella took a month to get the finance all sorted. I had a depo and the only reason I held it for him was that I was getting top dollar. Otherwise it was completely annoying.

Dave.

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Have a read of any Autohaus Hamilton for sale advert, specific couple of sentences relating to this.  Rob Raymer, RSR, in Melbourne, if he didn’t know the potential purchaser was very forthright.  He’d ask directly if your wife was ok, your money organised and your planets in alignment. 

Dreamers are thick on the ground in used Porsche circles!