996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

4 hours ago, JWM said:

I didn’t think you could finance cars this old anyway?

Traditional car finance is still possible for an older car in some cases, for the 'right' applicant. 

However, it is likely that buyers would be just applying for part of the purchase via a Personal loan.

1 hour ago, JWM said:

😂 yeah good point.

“Yes that’s right, I’m extending my garage...one by 996

997 is probably a more common measurement to extend by 😁

Bloke I worked for once had his Ferrari as part of his home 'renovation'. It was a big reno...apparently 😁

6 hours ago, KGB said:

Have a read of any Autohaus Hamilton for sale advert, specific couple of sentences relating to this.  Rob Raymer, RSR, in Melbourne, if he didn’t know the potential purchaser was very forthright.  He’d ask directly if your wife was ok, your money organised and your planets in alignment. 

Dreamers are thick on the ground in used Porsche circles!

Each time I sell a car privately I say it’s the last. Finance falling through and wife blocking purchase were both reasons for stalling on my recent sale. There is much muppetry and shenanigans. Car dealers earn their crust in my opinion. I couldn’t do it. 

My strategy this time was to write an advert that was quite unfriendly. This worked quite well with a muppetry quotient of less than 10%.

On 22/08/2020 at 10:56, disco said:

I’d chance that being a warranty job in 2006 that they would have just fitted one of the last batch of 3.6’s. So maybe an ‘05 block?🤔

cheers,

Dave.

Your on the money Dave. So is this likely 325hp? 

484F7765-22AF-4A82-BCB1-B11D69A29371.png

13 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

Your on the money Dave. So is this likely 325hp? 

484F7765-22AF-4A82-BCB1-B11D69A29371.png

Did a quick Google search and it seems that the M96/03 engine was the same as the one that originally came with the car ... so 320hp. I don’t think it was from the 997 series which is the 325hp version.

Others more knowledgeable may chime in with more information.

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Did a quick Google search and it seems that the M96/03 engine was the same as the one that originally came with the car ... so 320hp. I don’t think it was from the 997 series which is the 325hp version.

Others more knowledgeable may chime in with more information.

Hi mate, @Dreamr is on the money I believe. It’s a correct 320hp engine for your car.

Also the engine is a factory replacement when you see “AT” in the eng nbr. AT stands for “Austauschmotor” which is replacement engine in German. (Found this out on Rennlist)

Did they have paperwork for it?

cheers,

Dave.

51 minutes ago, KGB said:

If you add up the first 10 digits the total equals the last two!  I think this is the secret 349hp engine.

Yeah, sorry. 

Nice try . If you subtract the last four digits from the the first four it is in fact the 407 HP motor 

1 minute ago, wilson59 said:

Nice try . If you subtract the last four digits from the the first four it is in fact the 407 HP motor 

The poor bloke isn’t gonna know if he’s coming or going!! ... 

I reckon if we subtract @wilson59 from @KGB, we’ll be left with the original answer ... lock it in Eddie! ..

I’ve had some late nights reading rennlist over the last month or 2 trying to catch up @DreamrBit more banter on here but haha @KGB

Alan from PCP is on leave so haven’t got the warranty paperwork on engine swap yet (got everything else). I guess I could ring PCW and ask them as it was replaced there!

Thinking I might turn off the Hume into kangaroo valley to find some more inspiring tarmac on the way home. Can’t pick it up until next weekend though 😫

14 hours ago, Naldz88 said:

I’ve had some late nights reading rennlist over the last month or 2 trying to catch up @DreamrBit more banter on here but haha @KGB

Alan from PCP is on leave so haven’t got the warranty paperwork on engine swap yet (got everything else). I guess I could ring PCW and ask them as it was replaced there!

Thinking I might turn off the Hume into kangaroo valley to find some more inspiring tarmac on the way home. Can’t pick it up until next weekend though 😫

Perhaps recreate the infamous and celebrated howling (0ld) Hume HO-ey pic 

50 minutes ago, michel said:

Perhaps recreate the infamous and celebrated howling (0ld) Hume HO-ey pic 

200 miles in 2hrs! Solid effort for 1971. 144 mph at 6200rpm, nice pic... 

Definitely achievable, last trip I passed at least 6 highway patrols between Sydney and Wagga though 🤔

22 hours ago, disco said:

Hi mate, @Dreamr is on the money I believe. It’s a correct 320hp engine for your car.

Also the engine is a factory replacement when you see “AT” in the eng nbr. AT stands for “Austauschmotor” which is replacement engine in German. (Found this out on Rennlist)

Did they have paperwork for it?

cheers,

Dave.

No luck on paperwork, spoke with PCW and it’s “in storage on an old hard drive” so not happening. He said I have the old number and the new number documented so that should be plenty. They don’t write it in the service book.

I rang Autohaus after to check the new eng number to see if I need to stress about IMS and he said “nothing to worry about, hang onto your 5k” 😅

Cheers

Simon

1 hour ago, Naldz88 said:

No luck on paperwork, spoke with PCW and it’s “in storage on an old hard drive” so not happening. He said I have the old number and the new number documented so that should be plenty. They don’t write it in the service book.

I rang Autohaus after to check the new eng number to see if I need to stress about IMS and he said “nothing to worry about, hang onto your 5k” 😅

Cheers

Simon

When I bought my C4S there were a couple of invoices missing that I was going to try and track down but ended up finding some folded up in the back of the book pouch. I’m now only missing 3 x invoices also from PCW and also can’t get them printed off. They did however look on the old system and sent me the dates work was performed and what was done. Couldn’t get the actual invoices.

PM me and I’ll give you the guy I spoke to who helped me. Nice guy.

I’m dealing with PCW as we speak as they’ve had my C4S there since Friday for a major service and repair of my alarm system.

I’m dealing with Ken. Incidentally the gold certified mech working on the car (services all the classics) mentioned this example was absolutely Mickey Mouse as far as 996’s go.

So original and second only to a 12000km GT2 that they have come in. High praise indeed.

Cheers,

Dave 

Tried to obtain missing invoices from PCM for my car also, heard the same thing, nothing older than 10 years old available. Boring.

Perhaps original C4S buyers weren’t on the whole enthusiasts of the same mould as we are, consequently the service invoices weren’t coveted and retained as part of a biblical record.  Finance guy from their company paid the bill and filed the invoice with that year’s tax records.  Bastards.

With the car, I did get an original 2006 PCM PPI report. 🚀

1 hour ago, KGB said:

Tried to obtain missing invoices from PCM for my car also, heard the same thing, nothing older than 10 years old available. Boring.

After looking at several cars recently, I have often come across this problem. I have been advised by Porsche dealer service departments that they no longer hold records prior to 2013. So basically they are only obliged to hold business records 7 years back, and anything earlier is discarded. 

I feel more disappointed at the dealers than previous owners. They realise Porsche owners are (more often) enthusiasts, and that documented history for these cars is held in high regard. Even if physical storage would create an issue, copies of service invoices would not create much digital space.  Heck, we can keep masses of text document/records on a simple USB stick. 

5 minutes ago, luzzo said:

After looking at several cars recently, I have often come across this problem. I have been advised by Porsche dealer service departments that they no longer hold records prior to 2013. So basically they are only obliged to hold business records 7 years back, and anything earlier is discarded. 

I feel more disappointed at the dealers than previous owners. They realise Porsche owners are (more often) enthusiasts, and that documented history for these cars is held in high regard. Even if physical storage would create an issue, copies of service invoices would not create much digital space.  Heck, we can keep masses of text document/records on a simple USB stick. 

Makes me realise how fortunate I am that the PO of my GT3 kept EVERY SINGLE invoice for the 18 year period he owned the car.

Also made me realise how much he spent on the car too, PCM Motorsport Division must have been very sad that he sold the car 🙂  unless he bought another Porsche from them...

10 hours ago, luzzo said:

Porsche like to charge, they need to make it into a business.  I need 4 invoices, I’d pay $25 each. Surely this service could be profitable, nothing huge, but if they simply digitally archived each year it’d be a 2 minute job to satisfy requests for old invoices. Maybe the spare parts guys could handle it, oh wait, privacy act...    Frustrating. 😤

On 23/08/2020 at 12:12, LeeM said:

997 is probably a more common measurement to extend by 😁

Bloke I worked for once had his Ferrari as part of his home 'renovation'. It was a big reno...apparently 😁

Ha!  my little roadster would readily qualify as a bathtub 

44 minutes ago, KGB said:

Porsche like to charge, they need to make it into a business.  I need 4 invoices, I’d pay $25 each. Surely this service could be profitable, nothing huge, but if they simply digitally archived each year it’d be a 2 minute job to satisfy requests for old invoices. Maybe the spare parts guys could handle it, oh wait, privacy act...    Frustrating. 😤

Banks did it or do it ... 

wouldn’t be hard to have customers at service to Tick a box, to opt out of sharing service records when and i, and at an unspecified later date. 

1 hour ago, KGB said:

They just redact the owners names / addresses, unless you can show you have that data from existing records.

Should be a no brainer.

Dave.