996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

6 hours ago, Paul 996 said:

Pretty sure this is the one that was sitting on car sales circa high $60's be interested what it acheives

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Kinda like there was an explosion in a Salmon processing facility.

Much as I love the combo of Seal Grey and Terracotta, it does look like there's too much of it  in a coupe, whereas on a Boxster I reckon it's about right, and looks great!!

So the only thing wider than this things arse end is my grin! 😃

First drive impressions! I have to say I was bloody nervous driving it out of PCP show room with all the staff standing around. The new 992 turbo S parked up near by was a treat! 

You can tell the gear box hasn’t done a lot of work, it’s still tight but smooth as (previous owner must have drove it to church and back) 

Once it gets past 4.5k rpm it pulls hard, north of 6k rpm 🤯.. Funny enough I passed a 997.1 Carrera S not far out of Sydney and he followed me all the way to Canberra turn off weaving through the Hume  traffic (no tickets thankfully)..

Stopped at the Sir George for a sneaky beer and drew a bit of attention! 

Most impressive part for me is the road feel, sticks like nothing else I have driven..

Alan at PCP was a nice guy, gave me a nice assortment of Porsche gifts.. 

Looking forward to hitting some decent roads 👍

A82F7317-D1B5-4F1D-A150-6206CE1772EE.jpeg

C4E5F51A-8196-4819-85E4-35166FE8E9C1.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

First drive impressions! I have to say I was bloody nervous driving it out of PCP show room with all the staff standing around. The new 992 turbo S parked up near by was a treat! 

You can tell the gear box hasn’t done a lot of work, it’s still tight but smooth as (previous owner must have drove it to church and back) 

Once it gets past 4.5k rpm it pulls hard, north of 6k rpm 🤯.. Funny enough I passed a 997.1 Carrera S not far out of Sydney and he followed me all the way to Canberra turn off weaving through the Hume  traffic (no tickets thankfully)..

Most impressive part for me is the road feel, sticks like nothing else I have driven..

Wow! It looks fantastic! ... I remember driving mine home for the first time last month ... ahhhh, the memories 😃

Congratulations .. 🎉 🎉 

46 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

Awesome stuff, congrats on your first 911. Car looks great and you’re going to love it.

Cheers,

Dave

59 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Wow! It looks fantastic! ... I remember driving mine home for the first time last month ... ahhhh, the memories 😃

Congratulations .. 🎉 🎉 

Adjusted for Victorian PFA members:

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

Wow! It looks fantastic! ... I remember driving ... ahhhh, the memories 😃

13 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

For those interested, just ran across this on the net ... our C4S’s being touted as a “modern classic” ... 😃

https://www.caradvice.com.au/879943/modern-classic-review-2002-2005-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996/

A little bit confused between Mezger engines and M96, but other than that, good write up.  Whoever the journo is, he must have a tie up with Matt from Porschaden, as it looks like that car is from there, and the similar 996.1 GT3 writeup featured my car, which was at Porschaden at the timetoo.....

17 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

A little bit confused between Mezger engines and M96, but other than that, good write up. 

I did pick up on that too ... oh well, you cant know everything about everything .. but as you quite rightly pointed out .. good write - up otherwise.

2 minutes ago, luzzo said:

This damn thing finally showing as sold/on hold.

It has tormented me for over 6 months... Couldn't get a response to several enquiries. 

1140969554_Carsalesemail-996Turbo-Darren.png.d3609f501ea83b143a18643b94b21218.png

I tried to contact him numerous times as well ... still no response after a number of months.

Who the bloody hell advertises a car with no contact number ... 🤪

There comes a time when you just have to say ... good luck with the sale, dude.

4 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I tried to contact him numerous times as well ... still no response after a number of months.

Who the bloody hell advertises a car with no contact number ... 🤪

There comes a time when you just have to say ... good luck with the sale, dude.

some type of scam.

Got one response: 'what can i help you with'

My reply: 'I want to talk to you and buy your car'

no response.

On 05/09/2020 at 14:54, Naldz88 said:

Once it gets past 4.5k rpm it pulls hard, north of 6k rpm 🤯.. 

Congrats on your purchase, they truly are a beautiful machine.