996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

13 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Andrew and I go waaaay back. I've know him for what I sometimes and often think of as far too long ...

I hope you weren't thinking that this was a public spat .. I love him dearly and that is probably the only reason I let him stay in my life ... otherwise he would be banished to the front engined forums ... and even that'd  be punishing them ...

In all seriousness,  this is Andrew and I sharing the love. There is nothing I enjoy more than catching up with him .. in fact, we're having coffee tomorrow morning .. 

:Beer: (This is @jakroo and I) ..

Like sands through the hourglass...

So, back to business, who’s buying the next one?

5 hours ago, KGB said:

Like sands through the hourglass...

So, back to business, who’s buying the next one?

Thanks for the schmultz... moving on!

Does anyone know of this car? It looks great, low k's and I would have been interested when I was looking but I just couldn't be bothered going through the whole overpriced thing. I'm sure there is value there for someone, but it's been for sale for a long time and many have been sold around it ..

Thoughts??

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2004/sse-ad-6388998

21 hours ago, jakroo said:

Love you pal.  I look Fordward (see what I did there, cos that's where you're headed next) to seeing you once COVID-19 is over (sometime after 2025 I'm hoping)

21 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I love you too Scarecrow! ... 

Just for the record, and putting my feelings aside, you're still in the wrong place. You need to search for the other front-engined 968 owner to hang out with ... (I think there's one other owner somewhere) ...

21 hours ago, GC9911 said:

Gentlemen, please.

19 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Andrew and I go waaaay back. I've know him for what I sometimes and often think of as far too long ...

I hope you weren't thinking that this was a public spat .. I love him dearly and that is probably the only reason I let him stay in my life ... otherwise he would be banished to the front engined forums ... and even that'd  be punishing them ...

In all seriousness,  this is Andrew and I sharing the love. There is nothing I enjoy more than catching up with him .. in fact, we're having coffee tomorrow morning .. 

:Beer: (This is @jakroo and I) ..

18 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

It is true, these 2 idiots do go way back and they carry on like an old married couple, don't be too concerned by their shenanigans. 

I actually persuaded them to come together this morning and break bread, @SteveFand i were even silly enough to join for what was a punish, what you see on here is nothing.

I think i would rather a big bag of fruit rather than an apple @Dreamr

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-carrera-4s-997-series-ii-auto-awd-my09/OAG-AD-18310827/?Cr=16

3 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Yeah, I didn’t consider it on the basis of crazy pricing, and the color wasn’t high on the list.  Tired of educating seller’s with their heads in the clouds.  Been listed for eva.  You’d think they’re following Carsales and watching the $80k cars come and go?   

You mean schmaltz, schatzi.

34 minutes ago, KGB said:

Yeah, I didn’t consider it on the basis of crazy pricing, and the color wasn’t high on the list.  Tired of educating seller’s with their heads in the clouds.  Been listed for eva.  You’d think they’re following Carsales and watching the $80k cars come and go?   

You mean schmaltz, schatzi.

I don’t mind the colour myself, I just didn’t have the energy to try and get it to a price point that was realistic. I mean if it wasn’t too far away, then yep, worth looking at. But we would have been so far apart that I’m sure they would have taken it as an insult rather than positive criticism.

Could it be a “yes I’m trying to sell it dear” scenario?

I tried to contact a seller of a 996 Turbo on Carsales and after 3 messages and 2 weeks, he finally got back to me and said ... Sorry for the delay, but I don’t want to give out my number as I’ve had a lot of scammers contact me. I got back to him 20 minutes later and said that I understand as I’ve just sold my SC and get the non genuine buyers. I never heard from him again and I sent 2 more messages. The last one I sent I told him not to worry about me being a genuine buyer, I’m worried about you being a genuine seller .... all of that was nearly 12 weeks ago. 🤯

If you’re on here 996 Turbo seller, yes you missed a genuine buyer! ...🤘

4 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I tried to contact a seller of a 996 Turbo on Carsales and after 3 messages and 2 weeks,

Sounds like the same guy i've been trying to contact...

No joy. Just wasting my energy. 👻

12 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I kept trying cause the wife really liked the car ..

The best part was him updating his ad to move it to the top of the list about 2 weeks after he answered me ... what for dude?? ..

Quite obviously not a serious seller.

37 minutes ago, luzzo said:

21 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I kept trying cause the wife really liked the car ..

The best part was him updating his ad to move it to the top of the list about 2 weeks after he answered me ... what for dude?? ..

Quite obviously not a serious seller.

Yes dear, it is on carsales but i just can't seem to find a buyer, just bots.

6 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Thanks for the schmultz... moving on!

Does anyone know of this car? It looks great, low k's and I would have been interested when I was looking but I just couldn't be bothered going through the whole overpriced thing. I'm sure there is value there for someone, but it's been for sale for a long time and many have been sold around it ..

Thoughts??

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2004/sse-ad-6388998

Yeah, this looks to be a great example. Price has definitely been up there... however with recent sales of late, maybe ole mate isn’t as far off as one would think.

To be honest considering what other models  pull, I think the C4S is gun value under a hunge.

Dave.

Absolutely!!

When I bought my C4S last month at CTS, I had a look at what else was sitting next to it and some cars were literally asking 7 figures!  I was like, these Porsche’s are bargains. Dollar for dollar, what else gives you such driving thrills, won’t fall off a cliff in value and has the prestige of a “Stuttgart” badge at the front.

Dave.

10 minutes ago, disco said:

Absolutely!!

When I bought my C4S last month at CTS, I had a look at what else was sitting next to it and some cars were literally asking 7 figures!  I was like, these Porsche’s are bargains. Dollar for dollar, what else gives you such driving thrills, won’t fall off a cliff in value and has the prestige of a “Stuttgart” badge at the front.

Dave.

You certainly don’t need to convince me ... I jumped on the bandwagon cause I’m also a believer!

Great place to park the proceeds from the sale of my SC .. and I’m enjoying the hell out of it!! ... 😃😃

9 hours ago, Dreamr said:

You certainly don’t need to convince me ... I jumped on the bandwagon cause I’m also a believer!

Great place to park the proceeds from the sale of my SC .. and I’m enjoying the hell out of it!! ... 😃😃

As you and I discussed, if you buy a new BMW 4 series or MB C-class coupe, entry level with a few options, it’ll  run you more or less what our cars owe us.  3-4 years time the modern German will be worth half (40% even), how far backwards can we go with the C4S?  Maybe our maintenance bills will be $3-4K higher.  

I’m in the fortunate position where my commute is relatively short, parking super secure, and my workshop is 1 km from the office, it just makes sense.

Plus, what a car for the money!

21 minutes ago, KGB said:

As you and I discussed, if you buy a new BMW 4 series or MB C-class coupe

And don't forget the looks - the 996 4S stands out like dogs nuts in comparison to the BM and MB......

Who goes down to the garage just to look at their C-class? Not many I would guess.

3 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

And don't forget the looks - the 996 4S stands out like dogs nuts in comparison to the BM and MB......

Who goes down to the garage just to look at their C-class? Not many I would guess.

I do occasionally.