996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

On 07/09/2020 at 15:06, Dreamr said:

Looked to be a real clean car actually.

5 minutes ago, disco said:

Looked to be a real clean car actually.

Totally agree ... low k's and clean body. The only reason I didn't consider it was the UK thing ... but that's my personal hang up and nothing to do with the quality of the car.

2 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Totally agree ... low k's and clean body. The only reason I didn't consider it was the UK thing ... but that's my personal hang up and nothing to do with the quality of the car.

Well, the UK import issue is something that has to be taken into account, as it will affect you at the 'other end'.

Also, not sure of the colour. I think it was 'Meridian silver'..?  Kind of silver, but with pink hue. 

15 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Well, the UK import issue is something that has to be taken into account, as it will affect you at the 'other end'....

But don't forget that the entry point is lower so low in and low out.  Where's the pain in that?  Or think of it another way....lose 20% depreciation over the ownership period (as an example) on a smaller amount is always better.  Where's the pain in that?

But given that all Porsches are imported in to Australia then I'm always going to struggle with the argument 'it is an imported car'.....good grief.

4 minutes ago, jakroo said:

But don't forget that the entry point is lower so low in and low out.  Where's the pain in that?  Or think of it another way....lose 20% depreciation over the ownership period (as an example) on a smaller amount is always better.  Where's the pain in that?

But given that all Porsches are imported in to Australia then I'm always going to struggle with the argument 'it is an imported car'.....good grief.

Totally agree.  That why I said, it 'has to be taken into account'. As long as you buy right in the first place. 

30 minutes ago, jakroo said:

Whether it's a rational argument or not, it's a thing. I personally wouldn't buy a UK car no matter how much cheaper it was. A 20% discount doesn't interest me at all. As I said above, it not about a particular car, it's about the origin for me.

This "thing" with UK cars decreases the buyer pool. I get the buy in cheap, sell cheap, but if there is a smaller number of buyers for these cars, ultimately it's a harder sell.

This has just been seen with the one from AH ... over the last few months, 6 - 8 cars sold around it (all Aussie cars btw) for much higher prices ...

Just now, luzzo said:

The 9964S (Import) that was on Carsales, and now Auctioned at Gray's, just finished.

$55,809 + 5.5% buyers premium, $58,878. Plus Reg, and everything else it may need.

1821358281_GraysAuctionresult-Porsche4S.thumb.jpg.a66f7bcecbe9938463fbaee39caf1e9b.jpg 

seems a fair price for a lot of car.........I know the naysayers will say it's an import but I just want good car that doesn't 'lose' money...I never expect to make any on a sale later down the track

4 minutes ago, Harsh said:

seems a fair price for a lot of car.........I know the naysayers will say it's an import but I just want good car that doesn't 'lose' money...I never expect to make any on a sale later down the track

For sure on face value, seems a good buy. Hopefully it didn't need too much to bring it up to great mechanical standard. The one part of the Auction process that makes it hard to know, with no PPI possible. But, like you say @Harsh, if you're just buying to drive & enjoy, great up-front saving. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my03/OAG-AD-18929259

Sold??

Seems only one man C4S coupe on market left for now. The grey $95k car. Wonder how long that will last.

I’ve already been approached if I want to part with my Lapis. Seems the word has spread.

Dave.

19 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Tempted??

The money will be good (consider at least a quick $10K+ profit). But it’s all relative mate. What do I replace it with??? I have little interest in 997’s and the ink has only just dried on my rego papers.

So more just an option that was offered.

cheers.

Dave.

1 hour ago, disco said:

The money will be good (consider at least a quick $10K+ profit). But it’s all relative mate. What do I replace it with??? I have little interest in 997’s and the ink has only just dried on my rego papers.

So more just an option that was offered.

cheers.

Dave.

I totally get it ... but still, must be nice feeling to at least have been approached.. 😀

On another note ... did anyone here end up with that Lapis Blue C4S that just sold?? ... would love to hear more about it if yes! ... that's been the only action for quite some time on these cars!

Is everyone holding due to the fast pace excitement of 2 months ago?

Thoughts?

25 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I totally get it ... but still, must be nice feeling to at least have been approached.. 😀

On another note ... did anyone here end up with that Lapis Blue C4S that just sold?? ... would love to hear more about it if yes! ... that's been the only action for quite some time on these cars!

Is everyone holding due to the fast pace excitement of 2 months ago?

Thoughts?

Ironically the buyer wants to move on their 997 for it!! 🤣🤣🤣

Are you referring to the Lorbek car? If so I think it was Midnight Blue.

48 minutes ago, disco said:

Ironically the buyer wants to move on their 997 for it!! 🤣🤣🤣

Are you referring to the Lorbek car? If so I think it was Midnight Blue.

Seems I stand corrected. Yes, I was talking about the Lorbek car, but I thought it was Lapis ... 😳

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Agree as well, guess it could be printed on non-reflective film???

A lot have done it in non reflective ... the trick is to do it subtly enough so that it blends in and doesn't just look like it's stuck on vinyl (even though it is) .. one of the reasons I liked the above so much .. kind of a ghosting effect.

The originals were imprinted from behind so were subtle enough ..