996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

4 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

It’s been online for along long time.

I spoke to the owner, he advised he brought it from a friend who is a mechanic and it’s top notch.

It unfortunately has lots of gaps in the service history, that was a deal breaker for me at 55k.

For what it’s worth It looks clean in and out. 

16 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

Haven't looked at it but it does look like a nice car 

Its been for sale for a while. Not quite  sure why it hasn't sold yet ...

Edit ... just saw what @kov said about the service history ... that might explain it ...

5 hours ago, Steve996 said:

Sold in 24hrs advertised at $50k. That sold much quicker than I thought it would! 

I thought it would take longer too! Having said that, I was approached by someone looking for a 3.4 manual coupe earlier in the week with a budget of $60k, so a ~ 20% discount for an import seems about right?

Edit: forgot this was a 6.2 so the above isn’t that relevant. Bargain. 

10 minutes ago, edgy said:

Have you not learnt anything in your time here? You are supposed to keep members guessing for a minimum of 2 weeks before airing your laundry... 😜 

Congrats.

Geez, pot calling the kettle black...   (are you still allowed to say that?????)

20 minutes ago, michel said:

17 posts in and buys car

I've always tried to avoid being the "gunna".

I saved many cars and watched for about 3 years and only inspected a few.  I lurked and only finally popped up here when there was the money burning a hole in my pocket and the Minister for Finance had approved.

1 hour ago, CapnHyaku said:

I've always tried to avoid being the "gunna".

I saved many cars and watched for about 3 years and only inspected a few.  I lurked and only finally popped up here when there was the money burning a hole in my pocket and the Minister for Finance had approved.

Well done mate, if you spend too much time wondering you'll always miss the boat.  For some reason, 996.2 C2's don't come up that often, you're going to love driving her.

6 hours ago, JWM said:

Are you, like the car, in Sydney?

Yes indeed.  Looking forward to going on some events where I can meet others that appreciate the under-rated 996.

2 hours ago, DT said:

C4S bubble going on here.

Agreed!  I was able to point this out solidly to the Financial Comptroller to prove that they are not getting any cheaper and this was a bargain.

On 20/10/2020 at 22:23, Dreamr said:

Haven't looked at it but it does look like a nice car 

Its been for sale for a while. Not quite  sure why it hasn't sold yet ...

Edit ... just saw what @kov said about the service history ... that might explain it ...

I found out why that other one I looked at hasn't sold.  I did a history check and it's a repaired write off from Victoria.  However it is very well looked after in it's garage, I don't think it gets out very often.

47 minutes ago, blue_ixxi said:

Thoughts on this 996 Targa? Love the color, but unsure if it will be a matching numbers or not if the Porsche factory has put in a new engine into it. What does the hive-mind think is a fair price for it?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-996-manual-my02/SSE-AD-6870446

Pretty rare combo.

If the engine has been replaced, then it’s no longer “matching numbers” as you say.

Would still be worth in the 60’s I’d say.

Dave.

19 hours ago, CapnHyaku said:

Yes indeed.  Looking forward to going on some events where I can meet others that appreciate the under-rated 996.

Agreed!  I was able to point this out solidly to the Financial Comptroller to prove that they are not getting any cheaper and this was a bargain.

I found out why that other one I looked at hasn't sold.  I did a history check and it's a repaired write off from Victoria.  However it is very well looked after in it's garage, I don't think it gets out very often.

Is it the blue 996.1 or 996.2 that you are referring to that is a repaired wrote off?

The 996.2 that is WOVR located in Vic has been on and off carsales for at least 2 years .

7 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

Thoughts on this 996 Targa? Love the color, but unsure if it will be a matching numbers or not if the Porsche factory has put in a new engine into it. What does the hive-mind think is a fair price for it?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-996-manual-my02/SSE-AD-6870446

I have not been following the prices of Targa's closely, but they are cab underneath a roof, which I have been led to believe is prone to leaking. Generally they are valued between cabs and coupes. Happy for others who are more informed to chime in.

1 hour ago, MFX said:

I have not been following the prices of Targa's closely, but they are cab underneath a roof, which I have been led to believe is prone to leaking. Generally they are valued between cabs and coupes. Happy for others who are more informed to chime in.

Pretty sure you are bang on Jeff. Was also a lot of forum chat about squeaking roof as well. Not sure if it was 996, 993 or both

14 hours ago, kov said:

Is it the blue 996.1 or 996.2 that you are referring to that is a repaired wrote off?

The Blue 996.1 is a repaired write-off.

NEVDIS Written-off Vehicle Notification:

NSW, 23 Jul 2008, Inspected
• I01A [Impact | Passenger front | Heavy panel]
• I01D [Impact | Passenger front | Light structural]
• I02D [Impact | Driver front | Light structural]
• I02A [Impact | Driver front | Heavy panel]
• I04A [Impact | Driver rear | Heavy panel]
• I04C [Impact | Driver rear | Heavy structural]
• I05C [Impact | Passenger rear | Heavy structural]
• I05A [Impact | Passenger rear | Heavy panel]
VIC, 17 Jan 2008, Repairable Write-off