996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

On 31/10/2020 at 23:07, Spets87 said:

Personally I love the silver with red interior, but I'd be changing back to original steering wheel, front bumper, car bra and rear spoiler quick smart... by which time you've likely spent $60K plus... unless those original bits come with the car.

Then there's the 350bhp water injection, what's that all about?

21 hours ago, DT said:

Personally I love the silver with red interior, but I'd be changing back to original steering wheel, front bumper, car bra and rear spoiler quick smart... by which time you've likely spent $60K plus... unless those original bits come with the car.

Then there's the 350bhp water injection, what's that all about?

I'd say the interior is Terracotta rather than red, which is probably an acquired taste for some, but it is a colour I'm rather partial too, as we had a 987S in Seal Grey / Terracotta and loved the combo.  Agree with the other changes, but it's funny how the body coloured centre console look good with some combos, but not others - I have the silver with a black interior in my Arctic Silver GT3 which looks good, but silver with the Terracotta in this car doesn't quite match to my eye (our 987 had Terracotta console though).  Absolutely agree about the steering wheel though!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Shedpest said:

1280kg and appx 350HP@6500rpm., Approximately the power to weight ratio of a GT3. Removable Water injection

That is a big claim

I believe the word to focus on is 'approximately'.  :D

The front bar is interesting, because that "big side grilles" style only came on turbos, 4S's and 40th's - which were all facelift (.2) cars right?  The .1's have a different headlight line on the bar, so it is a custom job?

I don't mind the interior, a shock at first but the more often I go back to it the less I dislike it.  It's certainly something different, the original owner had some courage to tick that box.  Agree again about the steering wheel, although it does tie in somewhat with the otherwise-orphaned silver centre console, and again, going back to it I thought it looked less strange.  Window switch trim and ashtray in black might look more balanced against the rest of it - or more likely black console and leave those bits silver.

Interesting car anyhow... who's going to grab it? :)

That's a twin to mine .. 😀

Assuming the car is local and the service history is good,  then that's a good buy.

We have seen a C4S with sketchy service history sit and sit and sit ... at this price point, it can make or break a sale ... 

5 hours ago, firstone said:

15 mins from me. I have time today too.

Too bad i don't have a spare 70k. 

75k klms it's a 90k car?

@symsy

I’m with you, just send Symsy with a wedge of cash to kick its tires and report back  but alas I’m cash poor right now, unless someone wants a mint SC quickly

29 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Would love to find out the service history on this one

I was so tempted to waste the fee on a report from CS just to see if there was something obvious behind the low price.

I hope it wasn't a desperate sale due to a job loss or something, 2020 sux.

On 03/11/2020 at 21:37, CapnHyaku said:

Richard M. Nixon's head | Futurama Wiki | Fandom

I was first to call him. He got spooked because in his words he had pressed the button 2 mins ago and CarSales said it would take some time before the ad showed up, but I had called him within minutes.

The seller sounded genuine. He had owned the car since 2008, and only done 25K KMs. The car had decent service history, but had missed 1 service last year due to low usage.

I offered him a deposit, and told him it would take a week to pay the rest. Also reached out to the  transportation company and got a date for transportation.

The seller was still not convinced. I am not sure what it is and what I could have done differently, but missed out on 4th 911 this year even though I was first to call and was offering the asking amount.

I am of Indian origin by the way, and the seller of the last 911 that I bought told me afterwards that he was convinced my call was a scam and that I was calling from India and using the deposit as means to get his bank details 🤦‍♂️

Gotta start taking Aussie accent lessons... https://youtu.be/qNZIJmEZ91g

Too bad you missed out, sounds like a good one got away.

Yeah I could see how that'd fk you up.

Unfortunately paranoia is prevalent today. And unfortunately true at the same time.

Seriously shit though.

You can learn anything online.

If you can shake an Indian accent it'll give you an edge.

It seems to us all really that carsales or sales comes natural to us eccept for these problematic sellers/buyers. The reality though is it has to be studied like anything else if you want to get across the line every time.

Or you could use a dealer.

Hope you grab one soon.

12 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

I was first to call him. He got spooked because in his words he had pressed the button 2 mins ago and CarSales said it would take some time before the ad showed up, but I had called him within minutes.

The seller sounded genuine. He had owned the car since 2008, and only done 25K KMs. The car had decent service history, but had missed 1 service last year due to low usage.

I offered him a deposit, and told him it would take a week to pay the rest. Also reached out to the  transportation company and got a date for transportation.

The seller was still not convinced. I am not sure what it is and what I could have done differently, but missed out on 4th 911 this year even though I was first to call and was offering the asking amount.

I am of Indian origin by the way, and the seller of the last 911 that I bought told me afterwards that he was convinced my call was a scam and that I was calling from India and using the deposit as means to get his bank details 🤦‍♂️

Gotta start taking Aussie accent lessons... https://youtu.be/qNZIJmEZ91g

I just sold the family Kluger on carsales. Listed it low (but above trade in) to move it quickly. Was inundated with calls straight away. Everyone wanted to pay a deposit. but I refused - didn’t want to hold the car for someone who might pull out and then create a dispute about the deposit. 

Also, I’m convinced everyone who called was a dealer although they all pretended not to be. Even the guy who bought it pretended to be a desperate family man in need of an SUV for his growing family in circumstances where he had been knocked back on finance on a more expensive car. Guy texted me all the time begging to be first to see the car. offering more than the asking and to pay a deposit. Then of course turned up and tried to haggle! Didn’t let him though. And of course the car is now for sale again but now by his used car dealership...

So for my part I can understand both the reluctance to accept a deposit and the scepticism of callers offering a deposit. 

Had a similar situation where I recently sold the wifes 10yr old Kluger with 105,000km's. Priced it just below other listed and it sold within 1 week to the first enquiry. $17K

Last month sold a company 2010 GXL Prado Manual with 245,000km's with some 4WD accessories. Sold in 1 week also to the first enquiry. Sold for $25K! Couldn't believe how well Prado's hold their value. We bought it new at $55K back in 2010.