996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

On 22/10/2020 at 21:02, Tips said:

Was also a lot of forum chat about squeaking roof as well.

Wonder what it's like with the roof racks then?  There is a specific kit for the Targa 99680106500 that I can't find a picture of fitted online.  Dying to know how it would attach.

20 hours ago, JWM said:

Yeah that seems a very good price for a well sorted .2

I thought so too. So I was first to call, first to set up time with the seller to inspect the car. Texted him this morning to send me his address, no reply. So I drove up to his suburb, texted him, no reply. Called him no reply. After 5 mins he calls back, and I ask him for his address, and he just hangs up. And doesn't return call or messages either. The seller stood me up. Wasted an hour of my weekend. Even if the car was half the price with half the mileage, wouldn't want to deal with someone who can't keep their word.

1 hour ago, blue_ixxi said:

I thought so too. So I was first to call, first to set up time with the seller to inspect the car. Texted him this morning to send me his address, no reply. So I drove up to his suburb, texted him, no reply. Called him no reply. After 5 mins he calls back, and I ask him for his address, and he just hangs up. And doesn't return call or messages either. The seller stood me up. Wasted an hour of my weekend. Even if the car was half the price with half the mileage, wouldn't want to deal with someone who can't keep their word.

Wow... what’s that about?

I don’t understand some people when they come to selling cars. Why do they stuff people around. 🤔

Years ago I had contact with a seller a few times. Car seemed legit. I was so confident it was good i told him I'd fly down to Sydley and meet him somewhere to inspect it and give him a bank cheque. Even said I'd wait for him to bank it.

Silence. ....

3 months later he calls. Are you still interested? Ahhh no i bought one.

Why did you stop taking my messages? Thought you were a scammer.

Who'd know why ppl do what they do. I don't even know why i do half the shit i do. 😂

On 24/10/2020 at 09:14, blue_ixxi said:

Sounded too good to be true, probably sold it already

It was still available at 1pm on Sunday afternoon when I viewed it. Engine was warm when I got there. Apparently someone had allready taken it for a "joy ride" earlier that morning. To be fair I didn't have any issues making contact and arranging a time to inspect. I'm no expert but something felt off. 

Looked nice and presents well. Records show both front and rear bumpers had been sprayed in the past. Felt a slight hesitation after turning on the ignition (checked this twice). Revved lightly whilst stationary and it also seemed a little off, so I passed on a test drive. I'm no expert but it just didn't feel right. Guess ultimately my heart just wasn't in it. I'm sure it won't last long.

Made me appreciate the condition of my 84 a lot more.

On 25/10/2020 at 17:19, CapnHyaku said:

Did they end up getting back to you with an explanation?  It is still up from what I can see.

Nope, none. I haven't bothered texting or calling them either.

1 hour ago, Nikos said:

It was still available at 1pm on Sunday afternoon when I viewed it. Engine was warm when I got there. Apparently someone had allready taken it for a "joy ride" earlier that morning. To be fair I didn't have any issues making contact and arranging a time to inspect. I'm no expert but something felt off. 

Looked nice and presents well. Records show both front and rear bumpers had been sprayed in the past. Felt a slight hesitation after turning on the ignition (checked this twice). Revved lightly whilst stationary and it also seemed a little off, so I passed on a test drive. I'm no expert but it just didn't feel right. Guess ultimately my heart just wasn't in it. I'm sure it won't last long.

Made me appreciate the condition of my 84 a lot more.

Thanks, sounds like I didn't miss on much then. 

9 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Pardon my ignorance... How come the tail lights were replaced with 997 units?

They're not really 997 units.  997 has a different, slimmer shape with a modified rear fender to accommodate the shape change from the 996.

However, they are an after-market LED kit of some kind.  I am not aware of any factory LED option for the 996.

On 19/10/2020 at 06:59, Tips said:

New manual C4S hit the market in Adelaide yesterday looks a nice spec certainly up there in price https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my03/SSE-AD-6867140

Looks like this one has sold?

It was clean. Can’t imagine the seal grey car hanging around for too long if this was the case.

The grey car looks mint.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-6388998

Dave.

12 minutes ago, disco said:

Looks like this one has sold?

It was clean. Can’t imagine the seal grey car hanging around for too long if this was the case.

The grey car looks mint.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-6388998

Dave.

Quite surprised how quick that was, 90K is a lot to ask and must be the benchmark for a 996.2 4S.  Previous higher km's examples were going for 80K.

6 hours ago, CapnHyaku said:

Quite surprised how quick that was, 90K is a lot to ask and must be the benchmark for a 996.2 4S.  Previous higher km's examples were going for 80K.

Interesting even the tippers are seeing some action, a few on my watch list are also seeing interest/selling in the high $70’s

7 hours ago, disco said:

The grey one has been mentioned  a few time on here. Has been overpriced from well before you and I bought our cars. I’d have been happy to look at it but was just too high.

Maybe it’s been long enough that the market has risen to it ...

15 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

The grey one has been mentioned  a few time on here. Has been overpriced from well before you and I bought our cars. I’d have been happy to look at it but was just too high.

Maybe it’s been long enough that the market has risen to it ...

Hey mate, you're right, it was there before ours were on the market. It was probably high for the market then but caught up now?? Who knows.

I'm having a chat with the owner a little later as I reached out earlier today.

Thing is he seems to have owned it since 2016 and when it had 68kms. I'd imagine he paid well over the $100K mark back then and potentially doesn't want to crystallize a heavy loss?

Cheers,

Dave.

49 minutes ago, Tips said:

Interesting even the tippers are seeing some action, a few on my watch list are also seeing interest/selling in the high $70’s

To be honest mate I have an interest in other makes and models and just following those, I have found that a lot of cars at the moment seem to be moving and getting decent coin.

Could be down to the current state of affairs domestically where restricted travel and vacationing have given ppl other options for their discretionary spend...i.e buy up toys.

Dave.

36 minutes ago, disco said:

Hey mate, you're right, it was there before ours were on the market. It was probably high for the market then but caught up now?? Who knows.

I'm having a chat with the owner a little later as I reached out earlier today.

Thing is he seems to have owned it since 2016 and when it had 68kms. I'd imagine he paid well over the $100K mark back then and potentially doesn't want to crystallize a heavy loss?

Cheers,

Dave.

Could be down to the current state of affairs domestically where restricted travel and vacationing have given ppl other options for their discretionary spend...i.e buy up toys.

Dave.

The car and real estate market have gone absolutely nuts over the past 2 months. We put a Commercial property on the market and had 2 people fighting over it .. got $25k over our ask .. 🤑🤑🤑 Trying to buy another property and 4 x pest and building companies are booked out solid for the next week and a half .. 🤯

Cars have been selling like there’s no tomorrow, both new and used.

You’re probably right about the seller of the grey one. They bottomed out and seemed to start bouncing back around the frenzied time of our purchases.

I’m more interested in why you are talking to the owner of the grey one ... something to tell us?? ... 🤔

14 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I’m more interested in why you are talking to the owner of the grey one ... something to tell us?? ... 🤔

Haha... was thinking of adding another and cornering the C4S market mate... then we can set the prices! BWahahahah!!! 👿 

Actually seriously now, I had an offer on mine and wanted to see where the market was at. Needless to say I spoke to the owner (who was a gentleman) and the grey car is booked in for a PPI and half sold. He has had keen interest on it now. Should go shortly.

cheers,

Dave.