996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

20 hours ago, disco said:

Well so much for 997 money....sold in 24 hours!😳

The 996 C4S seems to be flavour of the month lol!

cheers,

Dave.

1 hour ago, disco said:

Well so much for 997 money....sold in 24 hours!😳

The 996 C4S seems to be flavour of the month lol!

cheers,

Dave.

That's like 5 or 6 I know of in the past 6 weeks that have been sold / bought ... 🤯

6 hours ago, Rick V said:

Clearly a man with a crystal ball...... .any hot tips for the Cranbourne doggies, Friday night?

15 minutes ago, KGB said:

Repco Lad in the 4th.

IMS in the 6th

Dodgy Plastic in the 7th.

Fried Egg is a roughie in the 8th

And wear your old trackies and flanny so you don't stand out and get robbed

4 minutes ago, KGB said:

Jungle Drums beating a great tune on that PCP Silver C4S

Full PC history, even the body condition reports carried out and stamped, never seen that before!

Their phone was running super hot for it.

I wonder if he'll come out of the woodwork?

1439150200-tumblr_mcx0qzf2eO1rwnnzo.gif

I guess if they're a Classic Porsche Centre they're more interested in selling cars like that now.  Probably 12 months ago you'd be hard pressed to see a "Pre-owned" Porsche older than a couple of years being sold at a dealership - they used to appear to wholesale them out as quick as they could to just keep current model stuff there.

9 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I guess if they're a Classic Porsche Centre they're more interested in selling cars like that now.  Probably 12 months ago you'd be hard pressed to see a "Pre-owned" Porsche older than a couple of years being sold at a dealership - they used to appear to wholesale them out as quick as they could to just keep current model stuff there.

World is a better place for it!

6 hours ago, KGB said:

Jungle Drums beating a great tune on that PCP Silver C4S

Full PC history, even the body condition reports carried out and stamped, never seen that before!

Their phone was running super hot for it.

I wonder if he'll come out of the woodwork?

1439150200-tumblr_mcx0qzf2eO1rwnnzo.gif

Guilty!

Stressful morning yesterday, I spoke with Alan (nice guy) from PCP Thursday night when the car hit Carsales to get some more info and he mentioned the engine had been replaced but he was still chasing up warranty history!

I didn’t get a wink of sleep all night and was expecting a call back early Friday with the low down! Safe to say it hit 9:30am and I hadn’t heard back, so I got inpatient and called. My timing was bang on as 6 people had already spoken with Alan but he was waiting on the engine replacement info which he had just received! Once I got the full history it didn’t take me long to decide to pull the trigger and put a deposit down.

The car is very tidy and has some unique options! Very keen to take delivery which will hopefully be late next week and have my first drive in a 911... 

10 minutes ago, Naldz88 said:

Guilty!

Stressful morning yesterday, I spoke with Alan (nice guy) from PCP Thursday night when the car hit Carsales to get some more info and he mentioned the engine had been replaced but he was still chasing up warranty history!

I didn’t get a wink of sleep all night and was expecting a call back early Friday with the low down! Safe to say it hit 9:30am and I hadn’t heard back, so I got inpatient and called. My timing was bang on as 6 people had already spoken with Alan but he was waiting on the engine replacement info which he had just received! Once I got the full history it didn’t take me long to decide to pull the trigger and put a deposit down.

The car is very tidy and has some unique options! Very keen to take delivery which will hopefully be late next week and have my first drive in a 911... 

Great car to cut your teeth on ... you certainly won't be disappointed!!.

Im glad he told you about the engine replacement. I rang about the car on the afternoon it was advertised (purely out of curiosity) and I got an email with all the info and service history the next morning. It would have been a nasty surprise if you only found out later on.

With only 50 k's on it and the engine having been replaced at 15 k's, it has only done 35 k's ...

I love my new C4S and I'm sure you're going to love yours as well! .. Well done and Congratulations .. 😀

45 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Great car to cut your teeth on ... you certainly won't be disappointed!!.

Im glad he told you about the engine replacement. I rang about the car on the afternoon it was advertised (purely out of curiosity) and I got an email with all the info and service history the next morning. It would have been a nasty surprise if you only found out later on.

With only 50 k's on it and the engine having been replaced at 15 k's, it has only done 35 k's ...

I love my new C4S and I'm sure you're going to love yours as well! .. Well done and Congratulations .. 😀

Thanks mate

The engine was replaced in 2006, does this mean it would likely have the redesigned IMS? 

On 20/08/2020 at 10:20, michel said:

Early mid 2000’s Mercedes plastic

AF80EB18_1F90_4B06_83E7_B827C2FA74D1_IMG

But like the 996 interior for its high grade plastics and stalks to twiddle and fumble with 

89748DFB_7D08_44BA_B959_8E6121C8D060_IMG

IMO best early 2000’s interior, hands down  is Audi R/S4 B5

Yeah not a bad place to be buckled in at night in a S4 with 500hp on tap and a shift light that lit up  the cabin like  a red light disco along with all the other red lights and switches. Throw in a digital boost guage on the factory screen with the red background   that often displayed 24psi, a few old school  cd's in the 6 stacker  and a 50 buck factory  amp upgrade  from an audi  s8  and the bose factory  audio is also pretty damn good for last century tech.  Makes the few bits of orange lighting  in the 996 and the cdr 23, and tackyradio buttons  and the optical fibre all  somewhat very very plain in comparison.

10 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Tacky radio buttons an easy fix. Think I paid $20 for genuine replacements...

Ah sh!t, I just paid $40!

10 hours ago, Naldz88 said:

Guilty!

Congrats Mate!

You ended up with a cracker of a car, well worth being patient for.

We need pics once you take delivery.

And a first 911 drive report.

10 hours ago, Naldz88 said:

Thanks mate

The engine was replaced in 2006, does this mean it would likely have the redesigned IMS? 

You would need to check the engine number and type.

They could have gone in a few different ways.

1. Old stock new 3.6 engine from a 996 Carrera/C4S

2. A new 3.6 engine from a standard 997 Carrera

3. A new 3.8 engine from the 997 C4S

If it was from the 997 range, the IMS bearing type was changed in late 06, so only the engine number will tell you.

I reckon the the dealer that did the work (PCW) would have that information on file. Would be worth a call to ask.

Either way, looks like a nice car. Pity I’m not on your way home as would have loved to catch up and see the car in person ...

8 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

1. Old stock new 3.4 engine from a 996 Carrera/C4S

If it was from the 997 range, the IMS bearing type was changed in late 06, so only the engine number will tell you.

I reckon the the dealer that did the work (PCW) would have that information on file. Would be worth a call to ask.

Either way, looks like a nice car. Pity I’m not on your way home as would have loved to catch up and see the car in person ...

Bit of a hicup there mate 3.4 Did not come out in the 996 C4S.

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

1. Old stock new 3.6 engine from a 996 Carrera/C4S

Engine number should tell, does it start with an M96/03663? If so it would at least be date cast correct.

cheers,

Dave.