Curious to get the brains trust feedback - Lets say there was a 2004 S that had an engine replacement with a 2002 S factory replacement engine of unknown km's - How much of a price hit do we think would apply assuming a reasonable leak down / borescope check?

Cheers

11 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

Curious to get the brains trust feedback - Lets say there was a 2004 S that had an engine replacement with a 2002 S factory replacement engine of unknown km's - How much of a price hit do we think would apply assuming a reasonable leak down / borescope check?

Cheers

Far from an expert here … so I'm probably just wrong … but I always thought you couldn't put in a motor that was older than the car, only newer?

14 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

I think if you had the matching engine ECU, you'd be all good

13 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

That's my understanding too...

I did some reading because I got curious … I remember it from years ago when I lived in Victoria, so not sure if it is just a VicRoads thing … but it’s about emissions.

You can use an older engine, but it must meet the emissions rules that applied to whichever is the newer out of the engine and car apparently.

Anyway the combo you were talking about would be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2023 at 06:21, Mttel said:

Not sure if this is blasphemy but sure would be fun 

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/5g62JH5CyDWoGAjv/?mibextid=9R9pXO

I did see that, if it all ran with no bugs or cooling issue's, how bloody awesome would that be !! would be nearly making 500hp being a LS3 thats cammed and rebuilt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2024 at 06:26, Mttel said:

Cheaper than a lot of 981s.

Sorry it's off topic, yet going by what I regularly see and hear about Logan on the telly with its crime rate, the last thing I expected to see was a prestige car yard! 😳

image0.png.885dffa72e648d7853a77b249c929a1e.png.d634545c7e79f151800f1b8bbfe859eb.png

What's next...Mt Druitt Lamborghini & Ferrari sales? 

On 24/01/2024 at 00:30, LeeM said:

What's next...Mt Druitt Lamborghini & Ferrari sales? 

Funnily enough the Druitt is gentrifying with migrants. It definitely isn't the town I grew up in anymore. There are far worse places in Sydney these days - usually in the south west. Still one of the cheaper areas to live, but most of the housing commission has been sold off to private owners.

https://www.propertyvalue.com.au/suburb/mount druitt-2770-nsw

@sleazius

Mate, I watched some knob head ex criminal (Spano or something?) doco recently with him touring his old haunt at Mt Druitt. I've seen some gronks in my 3 years of doing social housing maintenance in Adelaide, and we have a few shit holes here that should be on the 'to be condemned' list, but jeez they're a special bunch in Druitt! 😂

There are still pockets of the housos around in the area, which I've no doubt they have cherry picked for any media. But to be fair these days it is 95% islanders and Indians who own all the ex commission property.

When I was growing up most of the satellite suburbs of Mt Druitt were >75% commission, with two of the suburbs being 100% commission houses. Any wonder the place was a sh*thole?

31 minutes ago, sleazius said:

There are still pockets of the housos around in the area, which I've no doubt they have cherry picked for any media. But to be fair these days it is 95% islanders and Indians who own all the ex commission property.

Sounds angry with a waft of turmeric 🤔