2 hours ago, Sabotage said:

Hi Peter, Yes please let me know the VIN and I'll confirm, although I already know it was yours. I bought it off an Indian bloke (he lives on the Gold Coast now) and he has indeed put a short shifter in it and added some kind of speed booster in it, which he claimed, gives it "PDK like performance". I haven't used it though, so not sure how it works exactly.

The lying bastard about the IMS, though. Like I had said, he told me that the IMS had been done, but was unable to provide evidence, so I never believed him. He said that the owner before you had it done. He even advertised it saying the IMS had been done! Pity he lied about it - makes me wonder what else he said is bull... The IMS was preferred but not a deal breaker for me - obviously. Mechanically though, she seems all sound and it was left in very good condition. According to Peter's (won't insert last name to protect your identity) last notes that he did provide me with, he had only done somewhere between 10,000 - 14,000kms on it since you sold it to him.

Any quirks things I should know about the car?

Edit - It came with 19 inch rims of some sort. What type are they?

Vin ends in 2357.  I will post a photo when I can, just about to jump into my GT3 to get on the boat for a trip to Winton on Saturday.  Peter 

18 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Vin ends in 2357.  I will post a photo when I can, just about to jump into my GT3 to get on the boat for a trip to Winton on Saturday.  Peter 

Bingo! We have a winner. Enjoy your trip, Peter.

I forgot to mention that in addition to the previous owner putting a short-shifter in it and the "Sprint Booster", he also added a new touch screen infotainment screen that has Apple CarPlay and Android plus a reversing camera. This was a positive for me, because I like streaming my music and the reverssing camera is a nice quality of life thing.

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Ok, here it is.  Sport Classic wheels, does it still have them?

20170819_122902.jpg

16 hours ago, Sabotage said:

Hi Peter, Yes please let me know the VIN and I'll confirm, although I already know it was yours. I bought it off an Indian bloke (he lives on the Gold Coast now) and he has indeed put a short shifter in it and added some kind of speed booster in it, which he claimed, gives it "PDK like performance". I haven't used it though, so not sure how it works exactly.

The lying bastard about the IMS, though. Like I had said, he told me that the IMS had been done, but was unable to provide evidence, so I never believed him. He said that the owner before you had it done. He even advertised it saying the IMS had been done! Pity he lied about it - makes me wonder what else he said is bull... The IMS was preferred but not a deal breaker for me - obviously. Mechanically though, she seems all sound and it was left in very good condition. According to Peter's (won't insert last name to protect your identity) last notes that he did provide me with, he had only done somewhere between 10,000 - 14,000kms on it since you sold it to him.

Any quirks things I should know about the car?

Edit - It came with 19 inch rims of some sort. What type are they?

No real issues that I can recall.  It did have an appetite for right rear tyres for a while, and we replaced a couple of plug packs and secondary air pump but otherwise no issues.  I was going to do the IMS if we needed to do a clutch change, as there was no indication the IMS had been changed, and certainly Autohaus didn't tell us it had been.  The purchaser said he would probably do the change, but obviously hasn't.  As Jeff says, it not a huge problem with the 05, so just do 5000km oil changes and check the filter each time.  We had just put Falken FK510s on the back not long before we sold it, was very happy with them, and would have put matching fronts on when needed.  You'll find it'll run through 2 sets of rears for 1 set of fronts.  

Just remembered that I tried to do a fix to the elastic inside the hood that pulls the edge of the hood into the plastic channel on the curve of the drivers window.  Wasn't 100% effective, might have been properly fixed in the mean time?

The purchaser had mentioned he was going to do some speed fix, couldn't imagine what is was going to be though.

We had the car for 5 years, did about 65000kms I think, and only sold as the Novated Lease had finished, and we upgraded to a 981.  We've had that for 3 years and have just paid that out, and wife plans to keep it.  I can't even persuade her to upgrade to a GTS!!

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

No real issues that I can recall.  It did have an appetite for right rear tyres for a while, and we replaced a couple of plug packs and secondary air pump but otherwise no issues.  I was going to do the IMS if we needed to do a clutch change, as there was no indication the IMS had been changed, and certainly Autohaus didn't tell us it had been.  The purchaser said he would probably do the change, but obviously hasn't.  As Jeff says, it not a huge problem with the 05, so just do 5000km oil changes and check the filter each time.  We had just put Falken FK510s on the back not long before we sold it, was very happy with them, and would have put matching fronts on when needed.  You'll find it'll run through 2 sets of rears for 1 set of fronts.  

Just remembered that I tried to do a fix to the elastic inside the hood that pulls the edge of the hood into the plastic channel on the curve of the drivers window.  Wasn't 100% effective, might have been properly fixed in the mean time?

The purchaser had mentioned he was going to do some speed fix, couldn't imagine what is was going to be though.

We had the car for 5 years, did about 65000kms I think, and only sold as the Novated Lease had finished, and we upgraded to a 981.  We've had that for 3 years and have just paid that out, and wife plans to keep it.  I can't even persuade her to upgrade to a GTS!!

That's my baby! Still has the same rims and tyres - see below. What did you call the wheels - Sport Classic? The first tyre pic is of the driver's rear wheel and the second pic is of the passenger rear wheel. Just a couple of quick pics - I've just taken now. I also took a couple of shots of the drivers door roof seal. I was aware of this common issue before I bought and it was something I was looking out for. It looks fine, however there is a small leak in this section in heavy rain if it the vehicle is stationary. No water gets in when driving, so perhaps it has been fiddled with.

Again, it's a pity the seller felt he had to lie about the IMS to get a sale, because he was otherwise a nice enough fellow to deal with and I honestly think he thought he was going to keep it long term, hence the short shifter, sprint booster, reversing camera and Apple CarPlay infotainment that he installed, but he didn't seem to drive it much - still serviced it though, which is good.

I know you sold it to him for $29K and I'm not sure if it's appropriate to publicly say what I paid, but I'll PM you. You can let me know if you think it was a decent buy or not - be honest!

Anyway - it's great that you're on this forum and I have complete and full transparency on the life of the entire vehicle - good stuff for a 2005 model car!

Edit - spelling mistake.

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

Edited by Sabotage
Spelling mistake

20 minutes ago, mrar said:

really?

I would of thought you'd just get it checked out and send it to ceva.

doesn,t seem to stop east coasters buying up big here in realestate.

spoke with many people looking and selling over here and all same story, agents have lists of nsw buyers etc, wanting to buy buy buy.

one guy told me he had  and agent  with a client (a nsw buyer) wanting to buy 20 rental properties, not enough stock.

gone mad.

Maybe not for this car.  But I'm still a bit old school.  If I was shopping for a particular collector item such as a vehicle I think I'd want to eyeball it.  Your Dear Leader in WA has expressed his concerns about letting any dirty rotten Easties cross his border so for me I'll wait for the WA bubble to burst before bringing my taint to your shores ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found the following 986 Boxster S coming up for auction that I thought may be of interest to someone. Its an auto and I suspect has undergone some front end repairs (no option code sticker that is normally found on the underside of the front bonnet lid) but starting bid is 9k.

https://auctions.tullochs.com.au/auctions/12946/lot/10863-2002-Porsche-Boxster-'S'-3.2-Tiptronic-Cabriolet

20 hours ago, Pcar said:

Found the following 986 Boxster S coming up for auction that I thought may be of interest to someone. Its an auto and I suspect has undergone some front end repairs (no option code sticker that is normally found on the underside of the front bonnet lid) but starting bid is 9k.

https://auctions.tullochs.com.au/auctions/12946/lot/10863-2002-Porsche-Boxster-'S'-3.2-Tiptronic-Cabriolet

It's pretty cruddy.  What worries me most is the flashing oil light, didn't even register on the dash oil level, so hate to think how long it has been run like that though.  I turned it off as soon as I worked out what was going on.  Also a very long time between logbook recorded services, about 16years since last recorded one at Weltmeister!!!  Original owner was PCM, suspect it was probably a demo.......  Agree about the bonnet replacement

1 hour ago, base said:

At a certain point in time they stopped putting the option sticker on the bonnet and just put one in the logbook. Not sure what year it changed. 
That car sounds like a dud though. 

Option Sticker is in the book, but nothing on it to get excited about though.  Would think this should have the sticker, my 02 996.2 C2 had one, think it was 987/997 they stopped - our 05 987 didn't have it.

• 1 month later...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/robertson/cars-vans-utes/2011-porsche-boxster-s-6-sp-auto-2d-roadster/1294387955?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=email
inspected this car for a fellow PFA-er who didn’t pull the trigger due to uncertainty getting rego in SA as repaired WOVR vehicle (otherwise would have)  

Very clean. Full service history. Well optioned. New Michelin Pilot Sport tyres. Rims have been thru wheel doctor and are immaculate. Probably needs brakes in near future, but fine for now. Drives, steers & stops as it should. Happy to provide further details by PM

Seller seemed pretty reasonable to me and PFAer that was going to buy. Very open. Has refunded deposit etc