18 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

Derailing the conversation a little here, but I need some input from the hive mind. There seems to be about 25hp difference between the 2.5 and the 2.7 engines, can this be picked up in intake and exhaust mods? Or if someone was looking at a 2.5 would you steer them straight to a 2.7 (perhaps for other reasons also)?

Assuming your profile is correct, if this is a supplementary car your 996 Turbo... what does it matter, you're so far down in HP you may as well have fun driving the slow car fast! 

I had a 2.5 Boxster for a couple of years, and it is one of the cars I really regret selling, especially as it was a nice example and not worth a lot $$$ at the time.... that 2.5 at redline sounds superb, and the whole package is just a hoot to drive!

I wouldn't sway either was based on 2.5 or 2.7 just buy the best example of whatever is on offer!  

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for a very nice 2005 987 2.7 auto one owner FSH , I have the goods on one. 
kerry , Lee , I’m not trying to short circuit the rules , I am financial , just don’t have the energy to place a full ad. 
cheers all 

Hughesy. 

16 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

If anyone is looking for a very nice 2005 987 2.7 auto one owner FSH , I have the goods on one. 
kerry , Lee , I’m not trying to short circuit the rules , I am financial , just don’t have the energy to place a full ad. 
cheers all 

Hughesy. 

What colour is it?

On 11/09/2022 at 16:15, Hughesy said:

cheers all 

Hughesy. 

@Port 911 ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Joz said:

Geez , what happened to all those bargain Boxsters?

986s for lotsa (relatively anyhow)

Like everything though, I have a look on Carsales every three months and it’s all just the same ones sitting there 🙄

On 02/04/2023 at 00:59, LeeM said:

A friend's mum just sold her deceased husbands '04 Boxster S for the same price, but that had 78,000kms and was absolutely mint condition.

How much was that Lee?

33 minutes ago, Joz said:

How much was that Lee?

She wanted $42k I think, to which I told her was too high with others for sale at the time, yet it sold for low 30's I believe...possibly even in the high 20's

I recently sold my 2006 boxster S, 54klms, listed it for 52k to match those on Carsales that have been sitting around for ages. Received one dumb-arse enquiry if I had the original radio,.. thought things were slow os I dropped the price to 48k and had 3 buyers on it all offering full asking price and it was gone that week. 

4 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Thanks but I’m sniffing a cheapy.

A 986 stick, just not sure which one. I drove a 2.7 offered for 15k (higher Ks) which I nearly bought but it was sold before I could organise myself and. PPI. Not sure how much it eventually sold for?

A few marks on the exterior but drove nicely.

Anyhow I’ll keep looking.

• 5 months later...
On 14/11/2023 at 15:52, Cam Arnott said:

On the hunt for a good 986S manual. Not yellow & pref not black.

Points for lowish mileage (circa 100K), IMS, full service history, etc

Later the better

Cheers

Good luck with the hunt, Cam. Hopefully somebody around here can help. The Australian forums are generally a little quiet and you may have to wait a couple of weeks before people notice. One thing I recommend to keep an eye out for is a leather interior. Very rare in Australia, but it does make the interior a much nicer place to spend time in and rather more befitting for a Porsche in my opinion. Good thing is the market doesn't value it, so whether it has leather or not, it won't cost any more than the usual plastic fantastic interior.

On 14/11/2023 at 15:52, Cam Arnott said:

On the hunt for a good 986S manual. Not yellow & pref not black.

Points for lowish mileage (circa 100K), IMS, full service history, etc

Later the better

Cheers

If you do come across a nice yellow, I’d certainly be interested.

51 minutes ago, Joz said:

If you do come across a nice yellow, I’d certainly be interested.

Have you seen this one? Pricy but low kms and I love the speedster humps! https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-boxster-986-manual-my04/OAG-AD-22591931

Actually now that I’m searching, why are there so many low km yellow 986’s for sale?! Do people buy “look at me” yellow then feel too shy to drive it? 🤣

6 minutes ago, JWM said:

Have you seen this one? Pricy but low kms and I love the speedster humps! https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-boxster-986-manual-my04/OAG-AD-22591931

Actually now that I’m searching, why are there so many low km yellow 986’s for sale?! Do people buy “look at me” yellow then feel too shy to drive it? 🤣

After an 986 S manual for the bride. We’re done with silver for a while now, three silver cars is enough for us .

1 hour ago, Joz said:

After an 986 S manual for the bride. We’re done with silver for a while now, three silver cars is enough for us .

Sorry missed the “S” … I hear you … Had a run of silver and white cars as well, need some colour!

This yellow S looks well specced but again super low kms and sky high price 

23 hours ago, JWM said:

Speed Yellow is probably my most favourite colour even though I'm not a "look at me" type person. I hate attention - to the point I don't tell anyone if it's my birthday. The reason I love it so much is because looking at a bright yellow coloured car makes me happy and brightens my day. It says "fun" to me - not "look at me". It just makes me feel good and puts me in a good mood.