Interesting that a red Boxster is reasonably rare as well - 6%. I would have thought that the % would have been higher.

Have to admit the only other red Boxster I've seen in Adelaide lives in the same street as me, about a dozen houses down the road.

Might keep mine for a while longer 😁

Makes that speed yellow with a hardtop (?) awhile back even More rarer 

20 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Put a mate onto the orange one

asked some basic Car-man questions .. like how’s the service history ..etc

think the response was it’s a 15k car . Don’t seem to either want too discuss the car or no much about it 

@Niko saw quite a few porsche in Hanoi /Haiphong last February. Most of em were big bulk behemoths panamera cayenne And a couple of absurd joyous lambos.. but no orange boxsta

2 hours ago, michel said:

Makes that speed yellow with a hardtop (?) awhile back even More rarer 

Put a mate onto the orange one

asked some basic Car-man questions .. like how’s the service history ..etc

think the response was it’s a 15k car . Don’t seem to either want too discuss the car or no much about it 

@Niko saw quite a few porsche in Hanoi /Haiphong last February. Most of em were big bulk behemoths panamera cayenne And a couple of absurd joyous lambos.. but no orange boxsta

Did he establish if it was an original orange?

1 minute ago, Fishcop said:

Did he establish if it was an original orange?

My Mate didn’t even get to first base ...

Feedback I got,  was it’s a 15k car and did my mate know anything about boxsters....

On 01/01/2021 at 14:50, Fishcop said:

Get some!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/414007742741061/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=undefined

image.thumb.png.c2fab5d5fdfdff3b445e61a788f50690.png

Seriously, someone needs to go an grab this before I break my own rules about lying to the wife and having more than one Porsche at a time! :D

Anyone follow this further ... or no soup for you too 

14 hours ago, GregDash said:

$37k for a 987.2 manual Boxster non S with low KMs. Can't imagine this will last very long at all.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-boxster-987-manual-my09/OAG-AD-19459324/?Cr=2

My site says 47K ????  But  interesting.....Gen2     sounds good.     6 speed S's are just about impossible to find, and come in a lot dearer , so this could still be a good buy.

31 minutes ago, Niko said:

My site says 47K ????  But  interesting.....Gen2     sounds good.     6 speed S's are just about impossible to find, and come in a lot dearer , so this could still be a good buy.

Yeah, looks like they changed it this morning. Probably just a typo originally, but maybe they had already seen interest and realised they had undervalued it. Both the dealer website and CS are changed now. Agreed that it's probably still a fine buy, just not a crazy bargain. 

certainly big money....I really like the car ...Obviously has good history and has been looked after....

not sure about the cocoa brown interior, personally prefer black, but I could certainly live with it.

I guess he has got to put a figure out there and see what happens.   He does have the new turbo coming....

Scarcity of the model sure helps justify the price, ...sorta.  ....Plus of late, there is a lot of interest in these things ... but....80K....

I don't think I'd contemplate that price.  

On my watch list....see what happens... 

I was talking to this guy a while back, it's a beautiful example and has won concours twice. He was asking 80k back then too, even while there was another (higher mileage) one on carsales at 35k.

The 50th Ann model seems to go around 5-8k above the S from what I can tell.

I do think this is a future classic, especially in this spec with the rare cocoa brown. This is the PR spec that's in all the photos.

On 06/01/2021 at 16:42, GregDash said:

$37k for a 987.2 manual Boxster non S with low KMs. Can't imagine this will last very long at all.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-boxster-987-manual-my09/OAG-AD-19459324/?Cr=2

Hilariously this is actually a pretty bad deal! Dealer had it mislisted as an 09 997.2, it's an 08 5 speed 997.1 without many options or anything special, for 47k as far as I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...