Ducati MHR post election celebration sale

I know it's not car related but it seems many Porsche car are also bike guys . If it's not appropriate please delete .

I have a mint 82 Ducati MHR 900 for sale . Motor has just had a full rebuild with zero miles just spent 20 K on the motor built by Pablo Real it's just lovely .Very original bike still has original plexiglass screen fitted .

Nothing to spend just enjoy $36,000.

MHR 3.JPG

MHR1.JPG

MHR 2.JPG

24 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

The wife loves it .I did sneak the race bike in when she went away was not happy on her return

This reminds me of the late night fettling of my AJS 7R outside undercover of my flat. My wife went to bed and because it was late I parked the 7R in the lounge passageway - I was too bushed to push it round to the lockup 100 meters away. I thought I could get up early and load the bike into the trailer without 'er indoors knowing the bike was parked on the parquet floor. About 3.00am I was woken by an ungodly yell and much cursing - my wife had gone to the loo and tripped over the bike in the dark.... The serrated footrest barked her shin something awful and I spent the next hour (and no sleep after) dressing the wound and consoling her. Hot tongue and cold shoulder followed immediately after. 

2 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

This reminds me of the late night fettling of my AJS 7R outside undercover of my flat. My wife went to bed and because it was late I parked the 7R in the lounge passageway - I was too bushed to push it round to the lockup 100 meters away. I thought I could get up early and load the bike into the trailer without 'er indoors knowing the bike was parked on the parquet floor. About 3.00am I was woken by an ungodly yell and much cursing - my wife had gone to the loo and tripped over the bike in the dark.... The serrated footrest barked her shin something awful and I spent the next hour (and no sleep after) dressing the wound and consoling her. Hot tongue and cold shoulder followed immediately after. 

Wot, no make up nookie???? 🙂 

3 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

I was woken by an ungodly yell and much cursing - my wife had gone to the loo and tripped over the bike in the dark.... The serrated footrest barked her shin something awful

Ouch! Bloody funny though 😂

I had a one bed unit in a less than salubrious area with no shed, so the 916 lived in the loungeroom 👍

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Wot, no make up nookie???? 🙂 

Pffft - fat chance.

To add insult to injury, she discovered an oil drip on the wooded parquetry floor. So my stocks went even lower and I spent quite a lot of time & elbow grease with turps and Cobra wood polish to try & conceal the mark. The smell of raw Castrol R always seemed to linger though......

13 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Pffft - fat chance.

To add insult to injury, she discovered an oil drip on the wooded parquetry floor. So my stocks went even lower and I spent quite a lot of time & elbow grease with turps and Cobra wood polish to try & conceal the mark. The smell of raw Castrol R always seemed to linger though......

Nice . Reminds me I need to get some of these the candles my wife burns smell like some god awful flower scent

a_candle_in_the_wind_29a9f0ab-b4e3-4537-b5b3-f6b07da6f32e_x700.jpg

I’ve always had one foot in the Ducati camp and one in the Porsche camp. Best of both worlds! 

I’m finishing off my 750 Sport (74) resto, which has taken several years because I’ve been super picky!!!

Love the MHR! Looks ridiculously good. I could be very interested in a couple of months. ;) 

Are you a member of DOC NSW? 

On 29/05/2019 at 12:40, JonoF said:

I’ve always had one foot in the Ducati camp and one in the Porsche camp. Best of both worlds! 

I’m finishing off my 750 Sport (74) resto, which has taken several years because I’ve been super picky!!!

Love the MHR! Looks ridiculously good. I could be very interested in a couple of months. ;) 

Are you a member of DOC NSW? 

No I am in Adelaide so a member of DOCSA .

if you are interested let me know . I have quite a few Sports myself they are great bikes 

Hey wilson59 do you or did you live around the Semaphore area?

I used to know a bloke who was into Ducati's big time with a surname of Wilson in the Semaphore area (I won't give out exact suburb).

I used to be a DOCSA member but way back in 1979.

On 01/06/2019 at 13:47, wilson59 said:

No I am in Adelaide so a member of DOCSA .

if you are interested let me know . I have quite a few Sports myself they are great bikes 

So you still have some Sports? Nice!  In my humble opinion, they are the prettiest bike ever made.  Only the Italians could get away with making an out of the factory bright orange cafe racer.  Having said that, I had a 450 silver shotty a few years ago and it was very pretty too.