Countach!

Missed this ..... when I realised you had Iko Iko playing .... chills.

I use to watch the opening scene of Rain Man on repeat when I was 11 or 12, think 'one day' and I had multiple pics of this car on the wall. The car I dreamed about was black, just like this.

Bravo - living the dream.

19 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Missed this ..... when I realised you had Iko Iko playing .... chills.

I use to watch the opening scene of Rain Man on repeat when I was 11 or 12, think 'one day' and I had multiple pics of this car on the wall. The car I dreamed about was black, just like this.

Bravo - living the dream.

Thank you.  I took it out for the first time last weekend (local cars and coffee) and the response was really awesome. 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

Thank you.  I took it out for the first time last weekend (local cars and coffee) and the response was really awesome. 

Waddya mean "for the first time"??? You posted this in June!! ..

I'd have been living in it, on it, under it from day 1 ... my wife would have posted a missing persons ad .. :cool07:

• 3 months later...

Took the Countach out to World Time Attack Challenge the other week for a little display. Hilarious reactions from fellow motorists as your cruise down the freeway. 

Another drive in the Countach this morning. The more I drive it the more I love it. NOS plug wires and the correct plugs have brought it to life. And they are not as difficult or uncomfortable as the inter web would suggest. Crap visibility yes, but you can’t have everything. 

Ps. Thanks to @itsujackfor the detailing lesson yesterday. 

52BA441B-709F-4162-A984-9FB7DC0A6C91.jpeg

7BD28C8E-B088-4508-A75F-673879B1525A.jpeg

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

7BD28C8E-B088-4508-A75F-673879B1525A.jpeg

Is there a more iconic rear 3/4 angle?

While I love the purity of the early non winged cars, that shot with the wing reminds me of my bedroom wall 35 years ago.

Epic 👌🏻

I saw a tosser in a matt black aventador doing short bursts up HallSt in Bondi this afternoon with his loud exhaust on.  Another in a matt white Huracan Perfomante.  I'd have the Countach any day over those 2.  

How many dick heads asked you if it was real ...............??

Common question Harry Metcalfe gets with his Countach ..saw a funny episode of Harry,s garage were he took it to a local show and parked with the kit cars ,some funny reactions from people who thought they new about the Countach 

Harry's great.  Heard him talking about how raw an early Diablo is (on Collecting Cars podcast) then a few days later saw a bright blue with yellow graphic Diablo in the city coughing and snorting through traffic, awesome.

52 minutes ago, DJM said:

Epic 

I saw a tosser in a matt black aventador doing short bursts up HallSt in Bondi this afternoon with his loud exhaust on.  Another in a matt white Huracan Perfomante.  I'd have the Countach any day over those 2.  

Yep, the only other Lambo I’d even consider is the Espada. 

48 minutes ago, Raven said:

How many dick heads asked you if it was real ...............??

Common question Harry Metcalfe gets with his Countach ..saw a funny episode of Harry,s garage were he took it to a local show and parked with the kit cars ,some funny reactions from people who thought they new about the Countach 

Ha - Haven’t had that one yet.

4 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Another drive in the Countach this morning.

great to see u cruising through Potts point this morning in the Tash, it was looking good. Mrs spotted you before me, wondered what car it was 🙄, at least she knew it was a lambo.

• 1 month later...
On 09/12/2019 at 13:03, Burgerman said:

Hi there

Are you able to give me some details re the Pirelli tyres if possible please - where purchased, and price?

Cheers Brent.

Hi Brent

Pirelli P7 in the correct period sizes 345/35 and 225/50. Stuckeys had them in stock. 

Don’t recall the exact price / circa $2500-3000 for the four?

On 09/12/2019 at 13:03, Burgerman said:

Hi there

Are you able to give me some details re the Pirelli tyres if possible please - where purchased, and price?

Cheers Brent.

Is there something your not telling us mate? New purchase? :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Thanks mate, good to know.

Yes Hugh, reliving the youth - an A9X hatch clone, in Papaya Orange, pretty wild..!! Stroked out to a 383, doesn't stop or handle like a PCar though 😲

Love it. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

Bet they don’t have a poster on the wall

They don't really need one now 😁

I have a block mounted poster if you want it Ryan. Its white, but I have some textas and an arty missus that can change that 👍

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

They don't really need one now 😁

I have a block mounted poster if you want it Ryan. Its white, but I have some textas and an arty missus that can change that 👍

Ryan ?