Countach!

OMG that is indeed insane Ryan.  I take back all my comments about you being a man of poor taste (ref: you not liking yellow) as this has made me realise how hasty I have been!

(still it could change again on your next purchase 🙂 )

Wow!! I spent a good portion of my adolescence in my bedroom staring at my poster of a black countach (had nothing to do with the naked babe draped over the bonnet!).  

Awesome looking car.  Congrats. Keen to hear your thoughts on the drive in due course.

ps was salivating over the gold 308 @ CTS only a couple of days ago, but looks like it sold in a heartbeat!!

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Wow!! I spent a good portion of my adolescence in my bedroom staring at my poster of a black countach (had nothing to do with the naked babe draped over the bonnet!).  

Had the same poster. Taught me how to...oh never mind ☺

Dream car for many Ryan, congrats 👍

30 minutes ago, hugh said:

+ In black.................heck yeh. 

as a young newly minted bean counter, one of our local big wigs in the profession had a green LP500 with cream interior.  Lovely looking car, although I never aspired to own one.  Owner subsequently had big fall from grace by defrauding his clients and spending a bit of time "away"...........  Sullied his family name which was associated with one of our larger local firms, very sad for his father......

1 hour ago, hugh said:

+ In black.................heck yeh. 

I really wanted white over white, but there are too few of these about to get hung up on colour. 

3 hours ago, 3legs said:

Is that the one that was at Richmonds?

Yes, then Zagame SA. 

3 hours ago, Dalai said:

Stunning car! Not so sure about your choice in music though... :lol:

Rain man movie reference - that most didn’t get. Oh well. 

13 hours ago, Rick V said:

Awesome looking car.  Congrats. Keen to hear your thoughts on the drive in due course.

ps was salivating over the gold 308 @ CTS only a couple of days ago, but looks like it sold in a heartbeat!!

Yep, the 308 sold very very quickly.  It was a special car.

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

as a young newly minted bean counter, one of our local big wigs in the profession had a green LP500 with cream interior.  Lovely looking car, although I never aspired to own one.  Owner subsequently had big fall from grace by defrauding his clients and spending a bit of time "away"...........  Sullied his family name which was associated with one of our larger local firms, very sad for his father......

Maybe sullied the family name but suited the countach image?  Never seen a green one.

BTW this whole thread is awesome.  I didn't get the music reference...you should have gone with the theme from cannonball run I reckon....

An exceptional looking car, you're a very lucky man I expect have worked hard to get such a jewel.

IMO, you left the best part of that car out of your video...………..the wonderful rear end with big wing and big rubber :wub:

Awesome, I remember when the original LP400 came out which looked amazing and then they just kept upping the ante on the wow scale... those rear tyres and wing! Next clip let’s gets the music really happening with a start up 🙂

3 hours ago, Stepo said:

An exceptional looking car, you're a very lucky man I expect have worked hard to get such a jewel.

IMO, you left the best part of that car out of your video...………..the wonderful rear end with big wing and big rubber :wub:

I want to delete the wing - but my 2 boys are strongly pro wing.

The rear tyres are almost comical in person. 

8 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Rain man movie reference - that most didn’t get. Oh well.

That explains the music choice. Went straight over the top of my head for sure!

Simply stunning car. Looking forward to hearing it running and then your views of the car. As I too have been in awe of the Countach from childhood and would love to hear from your first hand experience.

44 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

I want to delete the wing - but my 2 boys are strongly pro wing.

The rear tyres are almost comical in person. 

No doubt the wing is probably more suited to a small plane, but if it was my car ( I wish🤩), I’d be keeping it for sure, so appropriate for the era. I understand you could argue removing might show better lines, but to me, the wing sits so nicely in the well proportioned business rear end......poetry in motion 👍