Countach!

2 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Step 1 - fresh P7’s in the correct sizes.

The rears are comical in the flesh. 345/35/15

B58FCDDF-C775-4FEF-9AE0-4471FCE574C9.jpeg

Would you put anything else on?  P7s were THE tyre of the day, Lambo suspension tuned around them I would think.  That's why we put XWXs on the 308 GTB in that first year of Targa Tas - original fitment tyres we though would be best suited, and they proved to be very well suited to my less than expert driving.  They'd let you know when their limit was approaching....

29 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Would you put anything else on?  P7s were THE tyre of the day, Lambo suspension tuned around them I would think.  That's why we put XWXs on the 308 GTB in that first year of Targa Tas - original fitment tyres we though would be best suited, and they proved to be very well suited to my less than expert driving.  They'd let you know when their limit was approaching....

Exactly. Correct sizes, correct tread and now with fresh manufacture. The people that have fitted them rate them very highly. 

Ditto my old 308 with its original 390mm metric wheels. The TRX was the only tyre for that car, and it drove really well. 

You planning on doing some burnouts. I notice you have 2 sets 😀😀😀

I sat in a Countach once.........................once. That was back in the early 80's and even then it was hard to get in and out with my much younger body. Be stuffed if I could do it now 😄

Congratulations, stunning piece of machinery and absolute work of art. Ive had the pleasure of riding shotgun in that car and have it overtake me while on two wheels. Well cherished by previous owner for many many years, irreplaceable vehicle. 👍

4 hours ago, ADS911 said:

Congratulations, stunning piece of machinery and absolute work of art. Ive had the pleasure of riding shotgun in that car and have it overtake me while on two wheels. Well cherished by previous owner for many many years, irreplaceable vehicle. 👍

Ha!  Small world. And I guess rare car. 

12 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Step 1 - fresh P7’s in the correct sizes.

The rears are comical in the flesh. 345/35/15

B58FCDDF-C775-4FEF-9AE0-4471FCE574C9.jpeg

Don’t worry about the tires, is that a MOOSEGOOSE in the back of the garage !!!! Looks like you have been a man of awesome transport options since at least 1980....I haven’t seen one for a couple of decades. Made my day 👍

8 hours ago, MR901 said:

Don’t worry about the tires, is that a MOOSEGOOSE in the back of the garage !!!! Looks like you have been a man of awesome transport options since at least 1980....I haven’t seen one for a couple of decades. Made my day 👍

Indeed it is - a Moosegoose with Z rims!  Rides nicer than most cruisers. 

1 hour ago, WOKA said:

... and a Z50..?

You got all the good shiz.!  😉

And a registrable Z50 at that (has a compliance plate).

Keep meaning to sell it but just never got around to it. It’s a riot to ride. 

1 hour ago, MFX said:

Just saw this. Wow. Congrats. I also had a Countach poster on the wall for my entire childhood and still nothing else tops it in my eyes.

Thanks, they left a big impression for such a small number of cars. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm another tragic that had these all over the wall as a kid.  Stunning.  Saw one at Brent's in Oakleigh in the mid 80s.  Mum used to drop in if we were ever in the area.  My brother and I sat in a red LP400 no wing, it was parked on Princes Hwy nature strip and the dealer was happy for us to play with scissor doors and flip the headlights.  We were awe of this Italian stallion in little old Melbourne.  I was 13-14 but whatever the price I should have bought it 😂

The other car that stuck in my head that day was a Monteverdi, research shows only 30 built which explains why I've never seen or heard on them since

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/es19/essen/lots/r0119-1970-monteverdi-3754-sedan/746959