Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Caught up with Mark and Carmine today for a drive and lunch.

We all swapped cars today for part of the drive, me in Marks 968, Mark in Carmines C63 and Carmine in my 996TT.

Really enjoyed Marks car, very flat cornering capabilities and surprisingly lots of torque down low.

I think these nice fat Proxies make a difference, 245's and 295' x 18 to be exact, the fronts are wider than mine and really stick like glue.

All in all top day, good company, great weather, top drive ( another Mark special) and good old fashioned hamburgers and coffee at Panton Hill.

2013-06-10180139_zps20c68364.jpg

2013-06-10180304_zpsc86d94ea.jpg

2013-06-10180414_zpsce5c8ff3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It rained the rest of the week and the 944 was used - but only to preserve the "treat" factor. You should not fear the rain , the body is galvanised. They were built for salty German roads! Of course there is always the risk of idiots and that is a reason I avoid 911-ing on a Monday!

Blue sky and frost on the paddocks so donned the driving gloves (to keep hands warm) out to Healesville and yes Theo - the Nurburg run. Cold morning air good for accel and crisp bark from exhaust.

Nice coffee and eggs bene then back home via another deviation - good for future runs.

Fired up the Pcar for the first time in two months, gave it a good wash and then drive into St Kilda and back along beach road. Perfect day and car drove perfect.

Had a very nice black 944 pull up beside me and gave me a friendly nod. Also saw T2's mate in his white 930 cab. Gave him a wave but was duly ignored :(

Blue sky and frost on the paddocks so donned the driving gloves (to keep hands warm) out to Healesville and yes Theo - the Nurburg run. Cold morning air good for accel and crisp bark from exhaust.

Nice coffee and eggs bene then back home via another deviation - good for future runs.

There's nothing like crisp mountain air to get things stirred up.  

If you want some company on your morning jaunts, Mark  you know what to do...  An SMT notice the night before will usually be answered by a few early risers.  

Very envious Mark. I rather enjoy the "Nurburg run".

Good to see you got out.

Had the nephews birthday today which normally calls for the family car.

Alas, the Mrs had a migraine and the eldest son was coming down with a cold.

That leaves the 11 year old and myself.......perfect for a 911.

Normally takes 15 minutes to get there. Somehow it took 45 today.

Fired up the Pcar for the first time in two months, gave it a good wash and then drive into St Kilda and back along beach road. Perfect day and car drove perfect.

Had a very nice black 944 pull up beside me and gave me a friendly nod. Also saw T2's mate in his white 930 cab. Gave him a wave but was duly ignored :(

Now that's the difference between an enthusiast and the rest if them.

Weather too good yesterday, pulled "old yella" out of he garage, took a drive down PLINK, and back, with JJ Cale along for the ride.

The way the weather has been, the Hard top might have to go into storage again.

A few old classics and a rod out and about, as well, great day for it.