Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Old Skool music, (although your probably taking the pi$$ out of me Mark)

Today I took the boss lady for a drive in the Boxster down to Sorrento to let the Rich and Famous have an opportunity to rub shoulders with us, and have a bite to eat.  

Lots of P cars out and about and nearly all waved back.  

Anyway we had CREAM and ERIC BURDON freeloading in the cabin along with us today. 

Took the wife up to Daylesford for lunch, a couple of back roads on the way up & back.

Spotted a few 911's & the VW club out for a cruise, up near Trentham - about 15 bugs + a few combies bring up the rear.

Good day for a Sunday spin & a lovely lunch.

So today I blended two passions...  drove the P to meet up with some friends from another forum I hang out at...  here' s a  hint 9171184491_3630738d48_c.jpgDSCF0080 by mmanda withers, on Flickr Roof down too, what a gorgeous day it was here again!  Love Melbourne :)  love my boxster too!

Wow forums about watches..... that s cool :-)

Had an invite for Sunday with some guys I have driven with before.

Through Kinglake and up to Yea for lunch at the Peppercorn Hotel.

3 x Lambos

2 x Ferraris

2 x Maserati

2 x Audi

1 x Aston

2 x Ridiculously well set up Minis

6 x C63s

1 x Z4 BMW

2 x HSV thingies

4 x Porsche..............GT3, 996, 964, 993.

Have driven with this crowd before and I must say that the Porsches held their own once again.

Had a California, C63 and Maserati in front on the twisties and it was like a Sunday drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually it was nothing like a Sunday drive because then it would be a PFA SMT and we would be actually "driving" the cars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good day nonetheless.

A mate organised a day at sandown. Took the 991 down and gave it a great beating. Started off quite tense and nervous but ended up with a comfortable appreciation of the track. A good range of cars out for the day including a 997 Gt3 giving it quite a fair amount of stick.

Had an invite for Sunday with some guys I have driven with before.

Through Kinglake and up to Yea for lunch at the Peppercorn Hotel.

3 x Lambos

2 x Ferraris

2 x Maserati

2 x Audi

1 x Aston

2 x Ridiculously well set up Minis

6 x C63s

1 x Z4 BMW

2 x HSV thingies

4 x Porsche..............GT3, 996, 964, 993.

Have driven with this crowd before and I must say that the Porsches held their own once again.

Had a California, C63 and Maserati in front on the twisties and it was like a Sunday drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually it was nothing like a Sunday drive because then it would be a PFA SMT and we would be actually "driving" the cars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good day nonetheless.

I'm guessing the guys driving the Mini's had the biggest smiles - those things are soooo much fun.

En route home dropped in to pick up kettlebells from state weightlifting competition yesterday. In the 944. 2x32kg behind the driver's seat , 2x28kg behind the passenger's seat and 2x24kg in front of the passenger. No passenger. Handled as well as having 3 fat kids in the car with me. 

Yes it's dangerous , but so is driving down to the supermarket these days to buy more fat for the kids.

PS my kids are lean :) 

PPS have to vacuum some chalk off the black carpet one day, otherwise will get arraigned for having suspicious white powder in car when pulled over for rapidity..

Is it kosher to sneak two drives in, in one post?

Saturday.

Witchcliffe to Nannup then Balingup via the Blackwood river road, south to Bridgetown, then back west to Nannup via the lovely twisty road (even Wendy remarked on how good the road was, and how well the Turbo handles). North up to the Busselton end of Sues Rd, south to Mowen Rd, and then west into Rosa Brook Rd and home finally via Davis Rd. A cracking 250kms, hardly saw a car, blew a boost hose off on Sues Rd (almost a badge of honour), fixed it in 5 minutes, and home happy. More importantly wife happy, happier than when in M6. Remarkable.

Monday. 

Took my darling 76 year old mother for a 70km run to Augusta on the highway and then home via the karri forest on Caves Rd. Doubt she will go around the long, loopy left hander like that again for a while. Giggled like a school girl. 

Happy days.

a key forum? really? do you get together and turn some tumblers?

PS. nice work Caver

I was kidding, was with watch forum friends!   

Is it kosher to sneak two drives in, in one post?

Saturday.

Witchcliffe to Nannup then Balingup via the Blackwood river road, south to Bridgetown, then back west to Nannup via the lovely twisty road (even Wendy remarked on how good the road was, and how well the Turbo handles). North up to the Busselton end of Sues Rd, south to Mowen Rd, and then west into Rosa Brook Rd and home finally via Davis Rd. A cracking 250kms, hardly saw a car, blew a boost hose off on Sues Rd (almost a badge of honour), fixed it in 5 minutes, and home happy. More importantly wife happy, happier than when in M6. Remarkable.

Monday. 

Took my darling 76 year old mother for a 70km run to Augusta on the highway and then home via the karri forest on Caves Rd. Doubt she will go around the long, loopy left hander like that again for a while. Giggled like a school girl. 

Happy days.

Your Mum sounds fun! Mine would freak out.

Through rush hour traffic , worsening light and driving rain to investigate , and later purchase 4x15x7 cookie cutters (with caps) off a 944. Dirty but straight , and I reckon a good buy at $200. Plan to refurb them nicley (easier off the car and with tyres removed) and put some tracky tyres on them - dual purpose for the 911 and 944 , depending upon my mood!

PS cool site http://www.wheelenhancement.com/index.php?t=Wheels&ijt=car&id=37

• 2 weeks later...

Mitcham to Killara Winery at Seville (back roads of course) and then to Wild Dog Winery near Warrigal. Then over the hills again to Korumburra and then home on the Gippsland Hwy. About 440 ks all up. Raining all the way and the 996 was pretty dirty. Had to wash it twice when we got home.

Got my car wet for the first time tonight. Braved the weather and drove down to the Peninsula. Discovered the main reason people don't drive their classic car in the rain is because of the battle trying to unfog the windows. Took me half the trip to figure out the rear demister switch is on when it is out not in. Tried the front window demister on the heater between the front seats. Got the windscreen half clear before I couldn't stand my eyeballs melting from the heat. Went for the dash controls instead which eventually cleared most of the windscreen. By this time I was past Frankston. Enjoyed the drive anyway. Have to admit I wasn't entirely comfortable with the conditions. It's been years since I've had a car without ABS TC and ESC.