Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

It's been years since I've had a car without ABS TC and ESC.

Welcome back to the real world.

Crack your windows down about 10-15mm. It gives enough air flow to clear your windows without letting in the rain. It will help keep the temp. around your eyeballs more comfortable too.

I assumed Taz was taking the pi$$!!

I was reminded of the lack of abs the other night when a possum ran in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and locked it up. Think I might go find somewhere to practice some emergency braking that I learnt at Jim Murchotts many years ago. I realised the last car I had without ABS was infact the '86 911 I had 10 years ago. Before that it was the VL Commodore 16 years ago.

With all the tail gating on the freeway last night while it was bucketing down, I was very mindful of what my car might do in an emergency situation.

I assumed Taz was taking the pi$$!!

I was reminded of the lack of abs the other night when a possum ran in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and locked it up.

Is the life of one possum worth sliding off into the trees? Better to go straight on and wish the critter 'good luck'

Is the life of one possum worth sliding off into the trees? Better to go straight on and wish the critter 'good luck'

Don't worry, there was no swerving involved, just braking to give the little fella a chance. Ask the kangaroo what happens when you don't swerve!

• 2 weeks later...

Drove to Tamworth to meet the latest Porsche owner (I will leave the details to him if he signs up).......and take the wife to an Antiques Show (not as an exhibit) :rolleyes: and a tour around looking at blocks of dirt and houses. Real Estate Agents eyes bulge, palms sweat at the sight of the 930 pulling up, then the look of disappointment as it leaves  :P .

Didn't attract any wildlife........ just a stone, dead centre of the windscreen  :angry:. Theres an argument here for garage queens!

Not gunna happen !!

......then home to that popular driving song "behave yourself and slow down"

Perth to the south west and Margaret River in particular; my new home!

Took the Forrest Hwy which is such a boring drive. In fact I had to stop a couple of times as I was getting drowsy. Only took this route as I was trying to make good time, otherwise I would have taken the South Western Hwy which isn't a bad drive. I like going through the old dairy farming towns, not that there's much to see!

Next weekend, however, Caves Rd here I come.. Stay tuned.

Went for a run up the old pacific hwy this morning to mt white, great run the car loved it. there was a nice 997 GT3 up there as well. Was nice being in a car for a change and not freezing my nuts off on a motorbike!

That mountain has magical powers as well. The old Blaupunkt radio kicked in to life up there!

I went for a run into the hinterland today, found some great twisties. I ended up following a couple of motorcycles for a while. I got a thumbs up when they turned off. I think they were impressed I was keeping up. Today was a good day.

I had an appt on St Kilda Rd yesterday, left home at 4:30 pm. Sat in traffic for 40mins in the pouring rain and then at the end of the appointment drove back home in the same traffic jam and pouring rain!

Do you ever get out of your P and think "well that was a waste of fuel and km on the odo"  because you didn't really get to drive the car and enjoy it????

I must say tho, the Boxster cloth roof is superb in a downpour. Certainly isn't like the crappy roof you get on MX5s (pre-folding hardtop)

I don't really worry about km's on the odo - I get in and drive it, even in the rain any opportunity to drive it is fun!

I drove to work and back yesterday, clear skies both ways but I was too lazy to take the roof off

I have to say I like the sound of rain on a soft top.  The P has an additional layer of found deadening that seems to make a difference.

At this stage its just all too new and too good not to enjoy.

It's good to see you are enjoying your "entry level Porsche" Bafe.

Did a run into the hunter valley testing out a new SMT I have in mind on wed and the car got noisier the more I drove it, anyway today drove it in the rain for the first time to get the exhaust fixed.

The car handled the wet conditions better than I thought it would.

It's good to see you are enjoying your "entry level Porsche" Bafe.

Hey Tingy944, Yup just lovin' it.  nearly 1000 kms in the first week jst going here there and everwhere i can.

Now i'm on a mission to get a few mates into P cars  B)

• 2 weeks later...