1967 912/6 - time to bite the bullet SOLD

3 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I’m pretty excited to get this car. A quick sale with good communication, no mucking around

soon to be seen fanging around chain of ponds in SA. Thanks Chris fryer for the lead

my 912 will be on the market soon!

I’m extremely envious. I don’t say jealous because I don’t begrudge you buying this car. 

20 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I’m pretty excited to get this car. A quick sale with good communication, no mucking around

soon to be seen fanging around chain of ponds in SA. Thanks Chris fryer for the lead

my 912 will be on the market soon!

Congrats, as a recent purchaser of a 66 912/6 I get your excitement. Mines also tangerine and will shortly (I hope) make it way from Adelaide to me in Syd....so one in one out 😂

Well, here’s an update. The new owner hails from SA.

Calls me.  I ask him if he’s pulling the pin given that SA doesn’t want back what it gave us.

No.  He’s on his way.

Ladies and gents, we have a real one here.  He knows that on his return, he has to do 14 days quarantine. I thought I’d seen it all in terms of P car dedication but we have a new leader ...

And he’s driving it straight home from here.

Hats off to Saxon.  Big respect.  

18 hours ago, LeeM said:

I was wondering that last night whether it may not happen.

Having been crook on and off for the past 2 weeks with time off, I can only imagine how fkn boring it will be, so big props to Saxon for the dedication 👍

Keep well Lee & get yourself tested and vaxed ASAP.

Does SA still over-inspect imported cars from Interstate?  Five years ago this was a big deal, so I hope nitpicking bureaucrats are over it by now.

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

Keep well Lee & get yourself tested and vaxed ASAP.

Does SA still over-inspect imported cars from Interstate?  Five years ago this was a big deal, so I hope nitpicking bureaucrats are over it by now.

I'm good now thanks mate 👍Just sinus problems and very tired from my job and a few other things, which I'm not afraid to say has kinda affected the old brain a bit 🙄 Getting there gradually 👍

SA inspections can be a pain and they are meticulous, though mine is a Hong Kong import from WA that passed no worries 6 years ago, even though it had some paint issues. I know a few guys who have had dramas trying to get rego with imports (one nearly had his car confiscated for some reason). Another guy I know had a nice Corvair knocked back because the colour of the roof wasn't the correct white paint 😲🙄

I'm told it depends which inspector you get, yet if its not a rusty heap of s..t you should be right. @9er would be the one who knows a lot more than I do, as he has been there more times than I have.

This will just require a number check so should be straight forward.🤞🏻
car drove like a champ on the way home although peak hour adelaide traffic was trying.....

my Vw mates showed me a handy detour to avoid the border check. I was in vic for 12hrs and spoke to 2 people so not exactly risky. I’ll get a covid test tomorrow anyway

damn. 14 days of isolation in my shed working on my new car. That will be hard to take😂 

my plans are to return this car to a more original look than the current hot rod style but leave the mech/ suspension as is.... I love it

feeling lucky to score a early car that’s aus delivered and has sorted mechanicals - didn’t ever think I’d get it at such a decent price

cheers Sven 👍

On 22/05/2021 at 12:21, Skidmarks said:

Information from PCA (thanks Wilberforce)

With regards to this 912 it was invoiced by the factory on 2nd Sep 1966

Car was Australian delivered by Hamiltons

Virginia Brown exterior

Beige Leatherette with Houndstooth inlay

5 speed manual

Right hand Drive

Chrome wheels

Tinted Windscreen

Skidmarks & Saxon,

Do you happen to know the original 912 engine number? I have a few and I believe their might be a previous owner connection to this car. 

Congratulations on the sale/purchase to you both. Always great to hear a car going into loving hands. I would have been in touch sooner if I knew it was back on the market myself. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It is a nice car, I have worked on it a bit since Sven sold it to the current seller.

On 25/05/2021 at 19:39, Skidmarks said:

Yes, the new owner is a driver.  Flying in from interstate tomorrow night, picking it up late, mates house overnight and hit the road early for the 8 + hour drive home.  No collector or flipper that’s for sure.  An enthusiast.  

Its my car.

Ive bought a 66 912. I love the 6cyl but for my needs (mostly city driving) a 4cyl in much easier. Its also half the price...Prices have gone up a lot and its hard to justify the value for how much I use it.

If the car doesn't sell, no big deal, Ill hang onto it and have one of each

Anyway...

5 hours ago, Saxon said:

Ive bought a 66 912. I love the 6cyl but for my needs (mostly city driving) a 4cyl in much easier.

Not often you hear of someone wanting a smaller engine in the Porker community, especially for such an early car.........GLWS

• 6 months later...