What did you do to your GT3 today?

Cam Arnott

36 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Common issue for front sway bar drop links to fail, consumable part on a GT3 that gets driven

Yeah, I was happy to hear that from the boys, along with a much cheaper fix than it sounded like it was going to be from the drivers seat!  

@spiller we should get some local PFA drives going when the better weather arrives….. I’m sure there’s a few usual suspects on here that’d be up for it.

8 hours ago, Jason A said:

It’s a pretty simple DIY, just use a trailer ratchet strap to secure the sway bar to suspension to anchor- then unbolt and replace 

Interesting. The cup car comes with a road car link on one side and a beefed up adjustable link on the other side (left hand side). I’ve never had one of the road car ones fail on my cup. I have a spare set of motorsport ones here that I’d like to fit to the road car. Does the sway bar have to be loaded (i.e. weight on the suspension) when tightening the drop link nut or can it be done with the car off the ground? What’s the purpose of the ratchet strap?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 26/06/2021 at 16:41, Rick V said:

@spiller we should get some local PFA drives going when the better weather arrives….. I’m sure there’s a few usual suspects on here that’d be up for it.

Can I tag along when I get some tyres? 

I'll stay at the back and try to keep up

On 22/07/2021 at 11:32, spiller said:

With lockdown in SA there wasn’t much else to do than fit an RS wing. This one is a replica and was built to order in Belgium. If anyone wants the details let me know. Quality of the fit and finish is OEM and the price was very good.

8B2C5250-E818-494E-990E-751B5737743F.jpeg

AC2E6639-8BDB-4CD1-B528-EA40E95DE35B.jpeg

695FCC0F-F6C6-4DE6-B9F8-40AACD158A63.jpeg

B75A7259-BAE8-44A8-9E2E-81EB067302BB.jpeg

CA4141BE-BDE8-4E37-A738-EDD8180466FD.jpeg

No way, stop it!
That thing was a precious virgin garage queen when I kindly passed her on.
Tell her I said sorry 😅

6 hours ago, Shedpest said:

I'm hoping for 5 with the red things and 7 for the round things but honestly it wont be anything because I can't drive for shite

Picture1.png.60f5090b8e9985c6db5d064da5101135.png

Picture2.png

Ap racing j hook rotors are superb. Heaps better cooling than oem, I think last 2.5-3.0 times as long and weigh less…win win win. 

59 minutes ago, 901er said:

No way, stop it!
That thing was a precious virgin garage queen when I kindly passed her on.
Tell her I said sorry 😅

All good mate the girly wing is safely tucked away for when she wishes to pretend she doesn’t love a hiding 😜

7 hours ago, Shedpest said:

I'm hoping for 5 with the red things and 7 for the round things but honestly it wont be anything because I can't drive for shite

Picture1.png.60f5090b8e9985c6db5d064da5101135.png

Picture2.png

Shooting for more front camber? Are those the Essex Racing AP rotors? Very nice!